L4310 with LA680 Grapple

amc019

Equipment
L4310
Jan 9, 2015
Little Rock, Ar
Hello all,

I am in the process of cleaning up some property with my 4310 and LA680 loader. I have only been using the bucket so far, and I am getting to the point where I need a grapple to be more efficient.

I have pondered my options, and I have come to a few solutions:

1: Add-A-Grapple: Made by precision manufacturing, cheapest option. Bolts to the side of the bucket and adds 2 separate grapples. I have a 68" bucket on this tractor and it would probably be fine, but in the long run I may want to run different attachments. I will be running hoses to one of my two rear remotes on any of these options, by the way. I work at a JD Dealer and can get cost price on these at about $1200 delivered.

2. Worksaver Compact Tractor Grapple: 60" wide, one cylinder. They say they have them for 1" Pin on loaders so that may eliminate me needing to purchase a SSQA bracket. I am working with my distributor to see if they make one for this loader and cost price with delivery.

3. SSQA Bracket ($700 from Work Saver or so) and then just get a SSQA grapple. This is probably the best option, but most expensive too as I would probably get the SSQA adapter, grapple (1500-2500), and bucket (eventually). Bucket I have now wouldn't be worth welding the attach bracket to as it is pretty worn out, but would work fine with the add-a-grapple.

What have y'all done with these older pin-style loaders to make them more versatile? Are there cheaper SSQA brackets out there that I may be able to get through a different supplier? Obviously I can't get Kubota brand parts at cost but I can get most aftermarket stuff at cost.

On top of that, which grapple/size would you recommend for this tractor/loader set up? 60" It will be used to pile up trees, limbs, logs, clean up old fence rows, etc. Tractor has R1's on it and I will get the rears fluid-filled before I start to use grapple but I am sure I will push it to the limit of the tractor/loader and then some.

In the end, the only attachments I could really use for this tractor would be the grapple, bucket, and maybe some pallet forks, but I won't be switching them around often. I honestly would be fine pulling pins each time if I could find attachments to go on the loader without the adapter. The adapters for these tractors apparently fit loaders LA350, LA401, LA402, LA450, LA452, LA480, LA481, LA482, LA680, LA681, LA682 LB402, LB552, LB702, with pin-on buckets retained by 1” pins. Any other cheaper adapters out there that I could come across?

Thanks guys!

les.smith99

Equipment
B7800
Jul 27, 2010
Tyler, Texas
Hello all,

I am in the process of cleaning up some property with my 4310 and LA680 loader. I have only been using the bucket so far, and I am getting to the point where I need a grapple to be more efficient.

I have pondered my options, and I have come to a few solutions:

1: Add-A-Grapple: Made by precision manufacturing, cheapest option. Bolts to the side of the bucket and adds 2 separate grapples. I have a 68" bucket on this tractor and it would probably be fine, but in the long run I may want to run different attachments. I will be running hoses to one of my two rear remotes on any of these options, by the way. I work at a JD Dealer and can get cost price on these at about $1200 delivered.

2. Worksaver Compact Tractor Grapple: 60" wide, one cylinder. They say they have them for 1" Pin on loaders so that may eliminate me needing to purchase a SSQA bracket. I am working with my distributor to see if they make one for this loader and cost price with delivery.

3. SSQA Bracket ($700 from Work Saver or so) and then just get a SSQA grapple. This is probably the best option, but most expensive too as I would probably get the SSQA adapter, grapple (1500-2500), and bucket (eventually). Bucket I have now wouldn't be worth welding the attach bracket to as it is pretty worn out, but would work fine with the add-a-grapple.

What have y'all done with these older pin-style loaders to make them more versatile? Are there cheaper SSQA brackets out there that I may be able to get through a different supplier? Obviously I can't get Kubota brand parts at cost but I can get most aftermarket stuff at cost.

On top of that, which grapple/size would you recommend for this tractor/loader set up? 60" It will be used to pile up trees, limbs, logs, clean up old fence rows, etc. Tractor has R1's on it and I will get the rears fluid-filled before I start to use grapple but I am sure I will push it to the limit of the tractor/loader and then some.

In the end, the only attachments I could really use for this tractor would be the grapple, bucket, and maybe some pallet forks, but I won't be switching them around often. I honestly would be fine pulling pins each time if I could find attachments to go on the loader without the adapter. The adapters for these tractors apparently fit loaders LA350, LA401, LA402, LA450, LA452, LA480, LA481, LA482, LA680, LA681, LA682 LB402, LB552, LB702, with pin-on buckets retained by 1” pins. Any other cheaper adapters out there that I could come across?

Thanks guys!

Take a good look at Everythingattachments.com they have almost everything you might want for your tractor to include grapples. Give them a call they can offer some great advice. I went whole hog with a change to a quick attach and a 3rd function. A little pricey but I change my implements quite often, for me it was the right move and it added a lot of utility to my tractor.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

les.smith99

Equipment
B7800
Jul 27, 2010
Tyler, Texas
No matter where from or which grapple you get consider its weight. ETA went the extra mile with the lightening holes in the Wicked line and it’s USA made. Also look at their Hose Saver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Firefighterontheside

Equipment
1997 Kubota L4200
May 24, 2018
DeSoto Mo USA
Just this week I bought an SSQA adapter from Kubota for $469. L2230A is the model that I bought. It fits my LA680 well. The only problem is that the inside dimensions are a little off, so you have to take up some space on the pins. I used 1 inch washers, 4 on each pin. My pallet forks will be delivered Monday. I will have my bucket adapted to fit.

Attachments

Last edited: