bx2200 foot pedal linkage

dggott

Equipment
bx2200
Jul 14, 2018
Tipton IA
My foot pedal just went dead. I crawled under it and sight surveyed. The pushrod from the pedal swivel is not attached at the back end. I can't tell where or how it attaches. HELP!

thanks

dggott

Equipment
bx2200
Jul 14, 2018
Tipton IA
the dealer sent me this picture- the part in question is an elbow essentially, right? the part we have isn't an elbow. Assuming it broke and needs replaced, but hard to tell, laying on my back in a water puddle in 30 degree weather.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

dggott

Equipment
bx2200
Jul 14, 2018
Tipton IA
and why does your picture show up in your post, but mine shows up as an attachment? hmmmm…. I gotta be doing something wrong

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I'm attaching a Picture file, your attaching a PDF. ;)

Post a picture of the end of your linkage.

dggott

Equipment
bx2200
Jul 14, 2018
Tipton IA
ah! Can't- that's what the dealer sent me. My piece looks like a female-female connector- just a straight tube. I assume it's broken and the rest is still connected, but how the hell does one get up in there to see, much less work?

jetattblue

Equipment
BX1800; L2550
Mar 14, 2018
Arlington, TX
Let me see if I am understanding this right. Two bolts connect the speed control pedal to a piece that's fixed to the tractor's frame. As you rock the speed control pedal, the part attached to the frame rocks with it. There is a long silver rod that's bent at each end (its 130 in the picture from your dealer) piece , and it connects the speed control pedal to the piece controlling the actual speed - which is by the hand levers. The long silver piece is just connected with clips that look like bent paper clips at one end, but it's threaded at the other.

This linkage runs along the inside of the frame, and you could probably access without removing anything if the connection under the speed pedal is unhooked. If you remove the step (which is a pain) and the fender (which is easy once the step is removed) you can very easily access all of the linkages. I did this with the step removed, and, again, it was very easy and pretty straight forward.

linkages run from the bottom of the piece attached to the frame along the inside of the frame rail to connect to

dggott

Equipment
bx2200
Jul 14, 2018
Tipton IA
yeah, the front end is easy to get to and just has a cotter key in it. The ass end is threaded and has a right-angled part that has a ball socket that bolts through the rocker assy. That's the pain to get to. I guess I'll have to look at taking the fender and step off. Why is the step a pain? Apparently, some have a one piece deck with about 20 bolts holding it, that are a REAL pain to remove. Mechanic at dealer said to try jacking up the rear end to give myself room to work first and if that doesn't work, to start taking it apart

jetattblue

Equipment
BX1800; L2550
Mar 14, 2018
Arlington, TX
I***8217;m probably making a bigger deal out of it. Removing the step is easy, just be sure to remove the speed pedal and both knobs that are under the seat. Mine was a pain because neither of those plastic knobs would come off and I tried to remove the step with them in place. That was a mistake! I eventually just cut those knobs off and bought new ones. They were pretty cheap.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
I've done a bunch of these. They come with a 5/16-24 nut and a lock washer and they commonly fall off. I don't like using a lock nut because they're a pain in the butt to get to anyway and tightening a lock nut makes it that much harder. A non-locking flange nut works just as well in this application. It can be done under the tractor. It ain't easy but it's a lot easier than pulling the ROPS, fenders, floor, seat, fuel tank and a bunch of other stuff just to gain access to it.

dggott

Equipment
bx2200
Jul 14, 2018
Tipton IA
We got it fixed yesterday. Easy peasy- jacked the back end up and blocked it, crawled under it and found the part, took a 3/8 air rachet with a 6" extension and went through between the right rear tire and the fender and had a straight shot to the nut. It took longer to bust the jam nut loose than it did to get the part off and back on. I'd hate to think what the dealer would have charged.

thanks