The newest addition to the kids herd

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
My wife Amy has raised Percheron Draft Horses for years now. Me, I stay away from them. I'm allergic to horse hair. Cattle, no. When she hitches them, I ride along though. She's a very good teamster. me, on the other hand, not so much. They understand her Gee and Haw perfectly. They don't understand me at all.

Last summer I just about wrecked the wagon with a 4 horse hitch. No Gee or Haw was gonna keep them damn blockheads out of the ditch.

Like I said, I rids, she drives.

Nice Arab's though. Too high spirited for me or my wife. Too old to go for a quick ride, slow is better.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Thats a fact Tim they will always bring you home. She breeds Arabs that go back to the desert war horses, so they are big and strong and smart, as she says sometimes to damned smart,,lol

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
AHHHHHHHHHHH NO !!!!! lol I went and looked them over they looked good to me, but many faults can be hidden by an application of drugs, and when I said I wanted the Vet to come and check them out, the woman went tilt! And I asked why she was being so defensive she glared at me and said they are no longer for sale. SO no I lucked out,, and all the way home I kept asking my self WHAT THE HECK WAS I THINKING ANYWAYS,,lol

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Well good for you. So many folks let emotion over ride logic when making financial decisions, and that's often the cause of "buyer's remorse".

Think how much money you saved just in the vet call. Around here, probably less expensive than your area, a vet will charge $50 for the "office call" whatever they call it. Then $55 trip charge to my place and it's 6 miles from their office. Then of course any thing administered is billed accordingly. So it would cost me $105 to come look, check their feet, temp, heart, and probably do the second one for no additional cost because they wouldn't be here long.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
We tend to mitigate vet bills for the most part. I run our Vet's hayfields and have for a few years no so if we need his services, it's always heavily discounted and sometimes free plus, he and his wife are personal friends of ours.

Nice relationship.

shootem604

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L245DT with Kubota (Arps Model 22) FEL and Kubota B/L4520B (Woods 650) BH
Apr 23, 2018
British Columbia
We adopted some miniature horses for the kids. Great little brats to have around, real characters. They love the kids, and the kids are small enough still to be lead around on them, and we hope to train them to pull a small cart. We aren't horsey folk, but are learning. Luckily for us, they have not been expensive in any way - yet.