L series

lzmoreno

Equipment
l235,l175
Feb 22, 2019
el mirage
Please if anyone can post tips and tricks on any add on or repairs be happy to hear and respond to all, Thank you.

lzmoreno

Equipment
l235,l175
Feb 22, 2019
el mirage
Ok started this thread in an effort to assist all L Series owner, this hopefully will be a thread that will be use full as a quick resource for all to use. My goal is to make life easier and less stressful for all needed L Series owners. So my firs issue and i hope there has been someone that has figured it out is with an addition of a koyker loader to a L235 all the mounting fab for me was simple it took alot of measuring and existing mount refab to get it installed, now the issue is plumbing. i have seen people post all over google to interupt hyd line from pump to 3point and tie a loader 2 spool control valve whether it be two lever or joystick, float or regen, all should hook up the same. I have purchased a joystick valve with float and one without. With float and regen from surplus center pt # 9-7401. and power beyond cartridge. upon hook up 3 point worked well but loader up and down had no pressure and very weak. suspected it needed bleeding did all i could and simply felt valve defected and bypassing. The plumbing was simple. Tied into pressure side of pump to 3 pt welded fittings, then to valve port, added return to tank with fittings, power beyond port back to 3pt. fluid had signs or air when loader was in use. I decided to remove valve and purchase one from Bailey pt number 220910 no float or regen thinking less options simple install. I plumbed it this time with a divert er valve to isolate ea circuit. hydraulics performed the same no change. My thought is there has to be a return to tank but also can feed the 3 point, so i have to cap the all but the psi port and tank port hooked up to 3 point so it can create and isolated circuit. my worries and not understanding if i hook it up this way on cylinder collapse there is no were to fluid go. unless it goes through 3 pt if anyone can help id appreciate it .

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Ok started this thread in an effort to assist all L Series owner, this hopefully will be a thread that will be use full as a quick resource for all to use. My goal is to make life easier and less stressful for all needed L Series owners. So my firs issue and i hope there has been someone that has figured it out is with an addition of a koyker loader to a L235 all the mounting fab for me was simple it took alot of measuring and existing mount refab to get it installed, now the issue is plumbing. i have seen people post all over google to interupt hyd line from pump to 3point and tie a loader 2 spool control valve whether it be two lever or joystick, float or regen, all should hook up the same. I have purchased a joystick valve with float and one without. With float and regen from surplus center pt # 9-7401. and power beyond cartridge. upon hook up 3 point worked well but loader up and down had no pressure and very weak. suspected it needed bleeding did all i could and simply felt valve defected and bypassing. The plumbing was simple. Tied into pressure side of pump to 3 pt welded fittings, then to valve port, added return to tank with fittings, power beyond port back to 3pt. fluid had signs or air when loader was in use. I decided to remove valve and purchase one from Bailey pt number 220910 no float or regen thinking less options simple install. I plumbed it this time with a divert er valve to isolate ea circuit. hydraulics performed the same no change. My thought is there has to be a return to tank but also can feed the 3 point, so i have to cap the all but the psi port and tank port hooked up to 3 point so it can create and isolated circuit. my worries and not understanding if i hook it up this way on cylinder collapse there is no were to fluid go. unless it goes through 3 pt if anyone can help id appreciate it .
First: It would be Impossible to wrap all the L's into one long thread there are far too many variations.

Second: Please learn to hit enter, your post is too long and runs on and on.

Third: The hook up is fairly simple to tie into the on board hydraulics on that model if you don't want to get the factory tie in block, which is expensive and very hard to find;

Pressure line out of pump, cut line weld on fitting, this line now goes to in of FEL spool valve.
The other end of the line you weld on a fitting and connect that to the PB port of the FEL spool valve.
You now also add a third new line that will go from Tank/Return of the FEL spool valve to the Tank on the tractor, this is usually done by adding a fitting to the fill port as most of these tractors had no direct port that leads to the tank.

Last edited:

lzmoreno

Equipment
l235,l175
Feb 22, 2019
el mirage
Ok gothca sorry Im new to this, my effort was for the older L series examples L235 dt and a L 175 and Thats the way i connected it so Im gona center my attn to the cylinder at this point due to the issue with tilt and curl operates fine but the lift and lower seems to have issue. Thanks for the input and site.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Ok gothca sorry Im new to this, my effort was for the older L series examples L235 dt and a L 175 and Thats the way i connected it so Im gona center my attn to the cylinder at this point due to the issue with tilt and curl operates fine but the lift and lower seems to have issue. Thanks for the input and site.
You did not use tee's any of the pressure fittings right?

Are you sure you have the right outputs on the right cylinders?

Pictures help tremendously in situations like this, get a post count of 5 and post some pictures of the connections.

shootem604

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L245DT with Kubota (Arps Model 22) FEL and Kubota B/L4520B (Woods 650) BH
Apr 23, 2018
British Columbia
Don't most of the 1st generation L-series have the connection block for hydraulics? I have it on my L245DT and had it on the L225 as well. There's a thread around here with the discussion and maybe even the design specs to have one made up.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Don't most of the 1st generation L-series have the connection block for hydraulics? I have it on my L245DT and had it on the L225 as well. There's a thread around here with the discussion and maybe even the design specs to have one made up.
1: That would be a yes, you can use a block to tie into the hydraulics, finding or making the block can be expensive, it's normally much cheaper and easier to cut the feed line and weld on fittings. ;)

2: I was also going with the fact that the OP sounds like he already spliced into the lines.

lzmoreno

Equipment
l235,l175
Feb 22, 2019
el mirage
Ok so i isolated cylinders and found two bypassing internally, that was my issue, ordered new seals and will install and check operation, just need to adjust pressure relief valve and test.

lzmoreno

Equipment
l235,l175
Feb 22, 2019
el mirage
I will post pics on connections, the bummer is i returned the float, regen valve and bought a 2 spool joystick without these options, and now thinking i could have used a power beyond port instead of a manual diverter valve. i believe both hookups would work?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I will post pics on connections, the bummer is i returned the float, regen valve and bought a 2 spool joystick without these options, and now thinking i could have used a power beyond port instead of a manual diverter valve. i believe both hookups would work?
I'm a little worried about how you could have set it up, because even with an older design spool valve without fancy features it should still have power beyond capabilities and does not require any diverter valve setup. :confused:

lzmoreno

Equipment
l235,l175
Feb 22, 2019
el mirage
Yes you can basically use both manual valve or power beyond. I ended up with manual due to the fact I miss diagnosed the cylinders internal bypass blamed it on the two spool joystick. the power beyond feature is an automatic diverter that when valve is in nuetral it diverts flow to pb port and as soon as the valve is activated it closes pb port and opens valve for loader or other uses. I have pics on the plumbing and cylinder rebuild issue as soon as i can figure how to import pics i will post them

Thank you.