L3240 pedal sensor

Northern Maine

Feb 22, 2019
PRENTISS TWP
So my l3240 starts up and runs fine, everything works as it should. But after it's started I press the HST pedal and the tractor dies, but if I rock the pedal it will catch before tractor completely shuts off? I'm thinking it's the pedal sensor that's bad? Anyone had this issue? Thanks for any and all information.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
So my l3240 starts up and runs fine, everything works as it should. But after it's started I press the HST pedal and the tractor dies, but if I rock the pedal it will catch before tractor completely shuts off? I'm thinking it's the pedal sensor that's bad? Anyone had this issue? Thanks for any and all information.
I agree with Chim - that seat sensor can be a sumbeach if not working correctly. Lift seat up and look at the sensor(s) - place a piece of tape over in a temporary fix kinda way and then see if it makes a difference. IF so - then an adjustment might be in the works. Any weight forward will trip the sensor. OR someone who is very "light" in the seat of the pants:D;)

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Some of the seat switches are built into the seat, they get depressed when weight is applied to the cushion, to bypass that kind of switch just make a jumper wire, and see if your problem goes away, if it does then the switch will need replaced or adjusted. ;)

Northern Maine

Feb 22, 2019
PRENTISS TWP
I've already bypassed the seat sensor. I was moving snow with the tractor when it started to act up. Seems to only do it during the winter. It did it once last winter, I removed the pedal sensor took it inside for a few days then put back on it worked fine until a week ago. I'm thinking the pedal sensor is bad. Tractor has around 3000 hrs on it.

Northern Maine

Feb 22, 2019
PRENTISS TWP
Ok so I replaced the pedal sensor and still not working. Dealer said it's a safety switch issue. Anyone had this type of problem with there tractor. Mine is a 08 L3240 hst everything works as it should. But when I hit the pedal to move the tractor it dies. I'm 2 hrs from the dealership so really hoping to fix this at home

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
Ok so I replaced the pedal sensor and still not working. Dealer said it's a safety switch issue. Anyone had this type of problem with there tractor. Mine is a 08 L3240 hst everything works as it should. But when I hit the pedal to move the tractor it dies. I'm 2 hrs from the dealership so really hoping to fix this at home
Did you bypass the right seat switch? There are two. One is the seat tilt switch which allows the pto to operate when you are not in the tractor if you have tilted the seat forward. that switch will not allow the tractor to move. the other switch tells the OPC if you are in the seat. only when it is satisfied will the tractor move.

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
Inspect those wires behind the seat! That is usually where the problem is. They flex every time the seat moves up and down so eventually fail!