Why is summit hydraulics 1/2 the price for diverter or p.b. Kits???

Titan17

Equipment
L3901 TLB, Caroni RFM, Scag Wildcat ZTR, Piranha TB,York RE 96", MTL HD 48" grap
Jan 13, 2019
Uncasville, CT
Researched power beyond kits and diverter kit for backhoe. Why is summit less than 1/2. Are they cheap components? Anyone buy from them? They came recommended from a local shop.

Tractor Dell

Equipment
Kubota BX23S
Jun 13, 2017
Central PA
Researched power beyond kits and diverter kit for backhoe. Why is summit less than 1/2. Are they cheap components? Anyone buy from them? They came recommended from a local shop.
I bought my flat face quick connect couplers from them for my 3rd function and grapple. That was last Spring and I have had no issues with them at all.

MtnViewRanch

Oct 10, 2012
Lakeside Ca.
Nothing wrong with the components, you just don't get everything that others might supply. No hoses, no mounts, only one set of couplers when you need 3-4 sets. All the other stuff that you will end up needing adds up.

How much other stuff you may need depends on how you do the installation. They are providing the minimum minus the hoses. ;)

Titan17

Equipment
L3901 TLB, Caroni RFM, Scag Wildcat ZTR, Piranha TB,York RE 96", MTL HD 48" grap
Jan 13, 2019
Uncasville, CT
I see that Long has 1 set hoses/couplings custom fit to your bh or loader and nicer joystick. Summit comes with couplings and straight thread adapters for the valves, cheaper joystick. But they will customize to your needs. Prices: Long 837. Summit 419. The hoses for the install add up and time consuming to figure out. I'll probably still go with summit only because I have some hoses to cut down.

Last edited: