Let's See Some Garden Pictures

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Buying a crossbow tomorrow, not open for discussion you gun toting SOB's. Been hunting with a bow for many years but like everything else on me the shoulders are shot. Two more weeks we're heading to my buddies hunting camp for deer and bear, if lucky both.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Garden saying uncle.....

Picked last maters, cukes, and the last watermelon.

Sunflowers planted late so leave them and okra couple more weeks rest is done.

Watch for the next rain and plant my oats, wheat, rape, and clover for the fall cover crop.

Long garden season this year next year going to let the top garden lay over and plant with buckwheat so just have the bottom garden and some raised beds behind the house for my cool season stuff.

Glad it is over to be honest, deer season opens Saturday so time to change priorities.

Heat index 95 here today, come on fall.
Hot here also CM, gonna be a long night no matter what we get but especially a bear, a lot of work but some good tender roast.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
My grand nephew shot a nice 6 point behind Moms place with his cross bow,, last year, critter took off and fell over dead right behind the neighbors swimming pool. :eek:
My nephew said that he was running, and dragging so fast the deer didnt touch the ground until he got it back to moms place. :D
Anymore I just watch them unless a really stupid one trips in front of me, 25 yards off the path, which is 30 yards in front of the truck :D

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
My grand nephew shot a nice 6 point behind Moms place with his cross bow,, last year, critter took off and fell over dead right behind the neighbors swimming pool. :eek:
My nephew said that he was running, and dragging so fast the deer didnt touch the ground until he got it back to moms place. :D
Anymore I just watch them unless a really stupid one trips in front of me, 25 yards off the path, which is 30 yards in front of the truck :D
Lol, skeet's you crazy bugger.:D

John T

Equipment
2017 BX23S
May 5, 2017
under a rock
Does this count?

We call it the fugly nightshade garden ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Creature Meadow

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 L4600, Disk, Brush Hog, GB60 Garden Bedder, GSS72 Grading Scraper
Sep 19, 2016
Central North Carolina
So here in NC it is getting time to plant the early stuff.

I subsoiled the garden which I do before each planting season and then cut in the wheat to add organic mater back to the soil.

Way to much rain here and forecasted through end of week lot more.

I try to plant my taters the last 2 weeks of February, maybe no this year just have to see what mother nature has in store.

Big garden this year will be sunflowers with some peas mixed in. Intend to have friends over for a dove shoot Labor Day weekend.

Smaller garden and raised beds will be used this year for my normal stuff just on a smaller scale.

The raised beds I can plant now so that will take place over next couple of weeks. Lettuce, kale, greens, broccoli, etc.

Any of ya'll getting ready?

Have a great day.

Jay

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Went to start the Mantis tiller just to get it ready,,,no spark,,, checked coil,,, short from coil to ground dead short,,, grrrrrrrrrrr ,, to to try and find a coil

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Lately, if I was starving, and it was raining soup,, I would have a damn fork,,lol

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Lately, if I was starving, and it was raining soup,, I would have a damn fork,,lol
You make me laugh! Needed it after MIL passed Friday.

Do you have enough corrosion on the flywheel that coil doesn't make contact? Just a thought, don't know those engines at all....

Lucked out with a polish and re-gap on Tecumseh chipper engine couple years ago...

Creature - we haven't gotten to a solid maple season yet....all snow....

Does that mean I can plant snow peas if we get 1-3" tonight??:D

Last edited:

Creature Meadow

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Sep 19, 2016
Central North Carolina
You make me laugh! Needed it after MIL passed Friday.

Do you have enough corrosion on the flywheel that coil doesn't make contact? Just a thought, don't know those engines at all....

Lucked out with a polish and re-gap on Tecumseh chipper engine couple years ago...

Creature - we haven't gotten to a solid maple season yet....all snow....

Does that mean I can plant snow peas if we get 1-3" tonight??:D
Yepper, that is for sure perfect time for planting snow peas:)

Got a friend that works for a company up your way in Plattsburg. He brought me a quart of New York pure maple syrup down last time he came down and man was it tasty. It came in a light brown jug with a dark brown lid, no other markings as to who made that I can tell.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Yes Sir that was the first thing I checked everything looked good even ran a fiber pad ( cant think what its called) around everything, nada,,, put a meter across each lead and they all show short to the frame of the coil,,, sooo no resistance, checked with both a beckman digital and my old simpson 260 analog Im thinking it should be over 2k or more

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Guess I need to recover quickly but then, I'd need a jackhammer to break the garden soil here right now, frost is at least 30" deep.

I get my seed potatoes from my buddy in Bar Harbor Maine. Always sends me 10 pounds of them.

Both tractors are way too big to be fiddling in a garden anyway so I have 2 walk behind tillers, a Troy-Bilt Pony and one of those MTD rear tine jobs with the counter rotating tines and I have to say, for a TSC MTD special, been a darn good tiller. Bought a Troy-Bilt hiller and adapted it for spuds.

I fertilize my 1/2 acre patch with cow manure (from the barn) and other than the weed issue, does just fine. I like recycling.

Hopefully, I'll be 'well enough' to work the garden come spring.

This year will be potatoes, Ambrosia sweet corn, red, white and yellow onions, carrots, green peppers and zuchini. I grow the zukes for my buddy who has a vegetable stand outside Toledo. We trade, he gets the 'wife beaters', I get his garlic, his handpacked jellies and his tomatoes.

Almost forgot about gardening, glad to read the thread

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Yes Sir that was the first thing I checked everything looked good even ran a fiber pad ( cant think what its called) around everything, nada,,, put a meter across each lead and they all show short to the frame of the coil,,, sooo no resistance, checked with both a beckman digital and my old simpson 260 analog Im thinking it should be over 2k or more
'Scotchbrite pad'

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
THATS IT,,,, CRS is a real pain in the ahhumm the ahh you know that thing:D

Creature Meadow

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Sep 19, 2016
Central North Carolina
Garden update for 2019......

Kale and lettuce was done yesterday but man I have had all I could eat for months. Even sold some at work to compliment the eggs sales.

Downsized this year to 3 80' rows of the standard stuff. Taters be ready bout the second week of June, late start with all the rain.

Picked first squash yesterday, maters bout knee high and blooming. Peas bout 6" high and the misc. other stuff doing well. Need rain...... Been watering last 3 weeks, lucky I have a well that is only used for the garden.

Planted (28) 80' rows of sunflowers this year so I can hog down and shoot some doves over it in September, they are up and growing bout 6" tall.

So how is your gardens looking?

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I would love to show you pictures of mine, but the weeds are in the way. Onions are up,,,leftover from last year they should be a bit on the tangy side, and taters I didnt get to last year are up to,,, it should interesting to see what they are like when the tops die off,, but with all this rain they might be sponges,,,lol

sparky45

Equipment
L 3301DT
Dec 5, 2018
SEDAN
Garden's been up for a while now, but I should have just planted Rice. Constant rain and lots of it is probably going to totally ruin my garden but I have it sloped so that most of the water drains.

Attachments

Creature Meadow

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Sep 19, 2016
Central North Carolina
Sparky45 WOW!

Truly amazing, we are bone dry here in NC.

Planted 2 more blueberry bushes yesterday and after 1 foot down got out my cordless drill and put a 1 1/2 spade bit on it to finish the hole it was so hard.

Takes 4 moves of my sprinkler to cover both gardens or 6 hours in each spot. Water maters and squash during the day and sunflowers at night as I am not too worried about their leaves getting moldy.