Daily Chuckle

G.rid

Equipment
L48 tlb, ssqa forks, manual thumb for hoe
Aug 19, 2016
Oxford, NS, Canada
Sorry, I thought I was teaching my daughter right..... The same way I was taught by my Dad. I had to learn to drive on a standard. Every vehicle in the yard was a stick so it was by default.
It worked well for me so I figured my kids should do the same.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Sorry, I thought I was teaching my daughter right..... The same way I was taught by my Dad. I had to learn to drive on a standard. Every vehicle in the yard was a stick so it was by default.

It worked well for me so I figured my kids should do the same.
We did the same for our kids. Our thinking is if they are out with friends and something happens, they aren't stuck because they don't know how to drive the vehicle :)

I did hear on the news that some car jackers gave up due to not knowing how to drive the vehicle in question [emoji14] Bet they lost some street cred :D

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
A bud taught my oldest to drive my truck, she kept stalling every time she started on a hill,,,, frustrated Timmy said listen when your ready floor it and side step the clutch,,,,, the kid and the tiers of that truck were never the same. She learned to drive like a champ, in fact she is one of only 3 or 4 people, that I can sleep when they are driving

snobhill

Equipment
B7500 Tractor, loader, tiller, 3ph mower, blade
Oct 14, 2014
Fort Vermilion, Alberta
I have 6 daughters and they all had to learn to drive with a 4 speed standard in the hay field. After they mastered that they could move on to whatever they wanted. Two of them ended up buying their own first car with standard transmissions. I also concentrated on driving habits which tend to make a difference for life.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Two guys grow up together but after college one moves to Michigan, the other to Florida.
They agree to meet every ten years in Vero Beach to play golf.

At age 30, they finish their round of golf and go to lunch.
"Where you wanna go?"
"Hooters."
"Why?"
"Well, you know, they got the broads and the tight shorts and the legs . . ."
"OK."

Ten years later at age 40 they meet and play golf again.
"Where you wanna go?"
"Hooters.”
"Why?"
"Well, you know, they got cold beer and the big screen TVs and everybody has a little action on the games."
"OK."

Ten years later at age 50 they meet and play golf again.
"Where you wanna go?"
"Hooters."
"Why?"
"The food is pretty good and there is plenty of parking."
"OK."

At age 60 they meet and play golf again.
"Where you wanna go?"
"Hooters."
"Why?"
"Wings are half price"
"OK"
At age 70 they meet and play golf again.
"Where you wanna go?"
"Hooters."
"Why?"
"They have 6 handicapped spaces right by the door."
"OK."

At age 80 they meet and play golf again.
"Where you wanna go?"
"Hooters."
"Why?"
"We've never been there before"

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
A lady about 8 months pregnant got on a bus. She noticed the man opposite her was smiling at her. She immediately moved to another seat.
This time the smile turned into a grin, so she moved again. He seemed more amused. When on the fourth move, the man burst out laughing, she complained to the driver and he had the man arrested.
The case came up in court. The Judge asked the man (about 20 years old) what he had to say for himself. The man replied..."Well your Honor, it was like this: When the lady got on the bus, I couldn't help but notice her condition. She sat under a sweets sign that said, "The Double Mint Twins are Coming" and I grinned .
Then she moved and sat under a sign that said "Logan's Liniment will reduce the swelling", and I had to smile.Then she placed herself under a deodorant sign that said "William's Big Stick Did the Trick", and I could hardly contain myself.BUT, your Honor, when she moved for the fourth time and sat under the sign that said "Goodyear Rubber could have prevented this Accident"..
..I just lost it......."

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
A lady about 8 months pregnant got on a bus. She noticed the man opposite her was smiling at her. She immediately moved to another seat.
This time the smile turned into a grin, so she moved again. He seemed more amused. When on the fourth move, the man burst out laughing, she complained to the driver and he had the man arrested.
The case came up in court. The Judge asked the man (about 20 years old) what he had to say for himself. The man replied..."Well your Honor, it was like this: When the lady got on the bus, I couldn't help but notice her condition. She sat under a sweets sign that said, "The Double Mint Twins are Coming" and I grinned .
Then she moved and sat under a sign that said "Logan's Liniment will reduce the swelling", and I had to smile.Then she placed herself under a deodorant sign that said "William's Big Stick Did the Trick", and I could hardly contain myself.BUT, your Honor, when she moved for the fourth time and sat under the sign that said "Goodyear Rubber could have prevented this Accident"..
..I just lost it......."
Lol, thanks brother, a good way to start the mornin'.:D:D

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Dayum, wish I had of thought of that back then.:rolleyes:
Wouldn't have made any difference at our house- mom would have still beaten me, then beaten me again for:
(multiple choice)
A) using the vacuum without permission
B) using the vacuum incorrectly
C) using the vacuum to get out of a beating
D) "You are using the vacuum, therefore you must be trying to vacuum up evidence of something else you did wrong"

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
Bill, we must have grown up in the same household. Is you mom named Beverly by chance?

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Bill, we must have grown up in the same household. Is you mom named Beverly by chance?
Nope, Virginia. Maybe THEY grew up in the same household.:rolleyes:
Did yours charge you rent from 14yrs old till you moved out at 17?
Make you pay for your clothes, school books & supplies, motorcycle & insurance?
She even insisted that my boss call her if I got a raise, so she could raise the rent accordingly.:mad:

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Bill you had quite the experience as a youngster! I lived at a State Children's home in Sioux Falls for a spell, and it wasn't quite that controlling!!

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Bill and Joe - wouldn't have done me any good.

Once mom got on a role, everybody got a turn! :eek:

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Bill and Joe - wouldn't have done me any good.
Once mom got on a role, everybody got a turn! :eek:
That sounds familiar also, plus we then got the next round when Dad came home from work. ("Just wait till your father comes home!")