Newbie - BX2680

PJH57

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2680
Feb 15, 2019
Black Forest, Colorado
OK, I am a newbie... already learned a lot from this forum!! I recently ordered a new BX2680 and hope to have it fairly soon. I live in Colorado out on the plain on 5 acres of rolling land with a few slopes around the house; mostly will mow Prarie grass with a little brush. The tractor will have a front quick hitch with a 50" snowblower for the winter, a rear quick hitch with a Land Pride 60" finish mower, block heater, Rim Guard, and a Curtis Cab (getting too old for those winter winds - not to mention the summer dust!). Taking care of the tractor, ease of use, and safety are important. I am thinking of adding Bro-Tek front and rear skid plates. Do I need to consider adding rear spacers for more stability, especially as I already have the Rim Guard? I know to be cautious with any slopes / hills - does anyone know of a maximum reasonable safe slope angle for the BX2680, especially if I have to traverse it lengthwise? Appreciate any thoughts! Looking forward to getting my tractor delivered.

Cfrazer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2670-1,FEL, BX5450, BBox, GS1548, RB1560, QH05, AI2 Forks, SS Curtis Cab
Jan 22, 2018
North Rose, NY, USA
OK, I am a newbie... already learned a lot from this forum!! I recently ordered a new BX2680 and hope to have it fairly soon. I live in Colorado out on the plain on 5 acres of rolling land with a few slopes around the house; mostly will mow Prarie grass with a little brush. The tractor will have a front quick hitch with a 50" snowblower for the winter, a rear quick hitch with a Land Pride 60" finish mower, block heater, Rim Guard, and a Curtis Cab (getting too old for those winter winds - not to mention the summer dust!). Taking care of the tractor, ease of use, and safety are important. I am thinking of adding Bro-Tek front and rear skid plates. Do I need to consider adding rear spacers for more stability, especially as I already have the Rim Guard? I know to be cautious with any slopes / hills - does anyone know of a maximum reasonable safe slope angle for the BX2680, especially if I have to traverse it lengthwise? Appreciate any thoughts! Looking forward to getting my tractor delivered.

I have basically the same setup BX2670 with Curtis Cab with rim guard filled tires and I constantly felt the pucker factor on even the slightest slopes, I don't think it was really going to tip but it sure felt like it, must be the cabs high center of gravity or something, anyway I emailed BroTek and they recommended 2" spacers so my width was still inside my 50" snowblowers path. I installed them and the difference is night and day, its amazing what adding 4" will do. I would like to hear how you like the BroTek skid plates, I'm trying to decide between the brotek and BXpanded skid plate.

Muzzy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650HSDC
Feb 13, 2019
WNY
Congrats on the BX2680 package.
The 60" Land Pride RFM cuts nice.

mickeyd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2014 L3200 DT w/LA524 FEL, 2019 Kubota Z121S w/ 48" Pro Dec, TG1860G w/RCK54TG
Mar 21, 2014
Guin, AL
Welcome to the OTT forum.

Congrats on the new tractor.

I agree with Cfrazer that a wider footprint helps a lot. I have 55" width and I have already rolled mine on it's side once.

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L6060, KX040-4, M7060, RTV X1100C, M62 (sold)
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
Just make sure spacers dont void warranty. Kubota told me after market spacers would.

The cab adds a lot of weight makes these machines top heavy. Make sure they get the cab installed properly and sealed up well (read a few stories where they weren’t). I agree see if the dealer can install spacers. If they install, it should be covered under warranty (you need to confirm).

Paul and Kathy Short (Specialty Repairs) also offer after market mods for Kubota tractors (filter guards,etc). You may want to check them out as well.