LED Work Lights

traumadoc2b

Equipment
B2650 LA534 BH77 bucket forks snow blade box blade flail grapple harrow rake
Oct 31, 2017
Indiana
I just finished putting some LED lights on the ROPS canopy of my B2650, having used information from a few threads on OTT for inspiration. Here is the finished product. I'll make another post with photos showing the work done. I cleaned up the wiring along the canopy and ROPS after testing to make sure they all worked.

The canopy is a Tuff Top that I've been pretty happy with.

I bought the switches and lights from Amazon.
Yitamotor 4" 18w 12v LED lights, box of 10 for $54
NTE Electronics 54-645-A Round Hole Illuminated Rocker Switch, Square Bezel, SPST Circuit, ON-NONE-OFF Action, Nylon Amber LED Actuator, 0.187" Quick Connect Terminals, 20A, 12V at $7 each.

Replacement LED headlamps also from Amazon, $5 for the pair.
LED Bulbs 6000K Xenon White 260LM Super Bright BA15S Light Bulb 12v

The 5 wire trailer connector was a 48" extension that I cut in half. I got it at the local auto parts store for about $10.

11.jpg 22.jpg

This photo is of just my new LED replacement headlamps.

33.jpg

Here are the LED replacement headlamps AND the forward facing 18w LEDs on the canopy (x2)

44.jpg 55.jpg

Last edited:

traumadoc2b

Equipment
Oct 31, 2017
Indiana
Here are in progress photos showing plastic cable wrap in place and running up through the bottom of the right ROPS post. Fishing the wire through the ROPS was a PIA. I ultimately pushed some weed wacker/trimmer "string" with a small cotter key taped to it through the small factory hole in the ROPS and then "caught" it with a magnet with the ROPS folded down to get it out the rest of the way. The hole was too small or I would have used my standard fish tape.

Attachments

Last edited:

traumadoc2b

Equipment
Oct 31, 2017
Indiana
More photos. The third photo shows the 5 wire trailer connector that I used - that way I can take the canopy off after easily disconnecting the lights. The light switches were placed in the factory slots on the dash. The hole in the front side of the top of the ROPS bar (shown folded down for easy access) is that way from the factory.

Attachments

Last edited:

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
Nice job. Love the extra light you get with them up high and utilizing the canopy mount keeps you from sweating out connecting them to the ROPS. Can you still fold down the Tuff Top with the lights installed?

traumadoc2b

Equipment
Oct 31, 2017
Indiana
Still more... This shows protection over the wires where they pass through the hinge/joint in the ROPS (so individual wires won't get pinched).

Also the black screw in the center, underside of the dash that has to come out to get it off, and the 4 bolts underneath the side engine screen/covers. Shows the 2 bolts that have to come out to slide the engine screen/covers forward and off (the back side of those just slides onto metal posts.

I found this thread very helpful as to how to get off the dash and where to find parts diagrams: http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37646&highlight=b2650+lights

Last photo shows wiring under the dash with ground connection (middle of the photo).

Attachments

traumadoc2b

Equipment
Oct 31, 2017
Indiana
The third photo shows the molex connector I had to pull off of the back of the ignition switch to get the dash out of the way.

Attachments

traumadoc2b

Equipment
Oct 31, 2017
Indiana
Nice job. Love the extra light you get with them up high and utilizing the canopy mount keeps you from sweating out connecting them to the ROPS. Can you still fold down the Tuff Top with the lights installed?
Thanks. I have no reason to fold down the canopy, so I haven't tried yet. It isn't hard to take off. If I do give it a try, I'll let you know.

bambam31

Equipment
L3800HST 4x4,R1,FEL, 6'disc, 5'bush hog,piranhaTB,6'grader,6'rake, 48"forks
Apr 3, 2014
Mobile, AL
Nice work. What is the purpose of the poles on your bucket? Does it have something to do with snow removal?

traumadoc2b

Equipment
Oct 31, 2017
Indiana
Nice work. What is the purpose of the poles on your bucket? Does it have something to do with snow removal?
Not a bucket. That's my snow blade. Those markers just help to increase awareness about where the edge of the blade is (it angles with hydraulics).

I also try to keep them straight up and down to keep the bottom of the blade in the right relationship to the ground and the shoes (imagine skimming the ground with your bucket vs having the edge tipped up or down too much).

Azmu

Equipment
Kubota l1802dt M, Bolgar MB-5 Motoblock.
Mar 3, 2019
Bulgaria
Looks very nice man. I also got one LED light installed at the back, so i can look at the back while working at night, but i'm still installing it. i mean the LED is mounted already, but i'm still thinking if i should connect it to the low beams of the tractor or put a separate switch for it. :D
Anyway i think that is a better solution than the normal lights:
It has less consumption, so it does not have so much impact on the battery and dynamo.
At the same time it provides clearer Light.
And it has Longer life cycle =))

traumadoc2b

Equipment
Oct 31, 2017
Indiana
Am really happy with my lights. Have used them at night several times now, the biggest job of which was digging about 20' of trench for an 8" culvert under the driveway - trying to beat the rain and working well after dark.

I'd suggest you consider NOT wiring the LEDs with your low beam headlights. If you ever want to drive on the road or pass other vehicles, you want to be able to keep your headlamps/tail lights on and turn your aftermarket LEDs off so they don't blind any other drivers.