life is fleeting 2

Bulldog777

Equipment
L3200, RTA1266, Modern 5' BB, Mustang 60 FM
Jan 25, 2017
Texas
Terrible news to have to hear, but looking at your pics, you've had some great times together. That's the one thing that can not be taken away. Prayers sent up for both of you.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Josef

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2014 Kubota MX 5200 with 6 la1065 loader, sq172 Bush hog shredder, 6 ' Armstrong
Feb 25, 2016
victoria tx 77904
Terrible news to have to hear, but looking at your pics, you've had some great times together. That's the one thing that can not be taken away. Prayers sent up for both of you.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
She's wearing her $11.95 Amazon wig. I think it looks very good on her but then I think she looks very good without it, it was her 70th birthday party.

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Thoughts and prayers to to the two of you. It’s a terrible thing to go through and a test of your faith.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Told my wife I thought she looked sexy bald,,, oh my the words she used would make a sailor blush,,lol :rolleyes:

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Not brave at all, just an attempt at levity in a stressful time. Failed miserably I must say:eek:

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
I may have told this story before, but it fits here. I'll have to leave a lot out.
Before I had my first car, I built a go cart out of plywood and metal fence posts. Drove it to my friend's house, spun around in the yard and hollered, Hey Frank, lets go for a ride. He hopped on his bike and we headed down the road. What I didn't know was his mother told him before he left, Don't you get on that thing". Out of sight, he got on it, wrecked it, tore his pants and skint his arm very bad. All he could say was, " Momma's" gonna kill me.
55 years later, she's laying in a hospital bed faceing her last days, hasn't been able to talk for 3 weeks. Frank, sitting beside his mother, is telling the go cart story to one of his nieces and when he gets to the part about " Momma's gonna kill me", he hears a sound from his mother. She is grinning and laughing, very lightly of course but laughing. I think she left with many happy memories!!

Josef

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2014 Kubota MX 5200 with 6 la1065 loader, sq172 Bush hog shredder, 6 ' Armstrong
Feb 25, 2016
victoria tx 77904
I may have told this story before, but it fits here. I'll have to leave a lot out.
Before I had my first car, I built a go cart out of plywood and metal fence posts. Drove it to my friend's house, spun around in the yard and hollered, Hey Frank, lets go for a ride. He hopped on his bike and we headed down the road. What I didn't know was his mother told him before he left, Don't you get on that thing". Out of sight, he got on it, wrecked it, tore his pants and skint his arm very bad. All he could say was, " Momma's" gonna kill me.
55 years later, she's laying in a hospital bed faceing her last days, hasn't been able to talk for 3 weeks. Frank, sitting beside his mother, is telling the go cart story to one of his nieces and when he gets to the part about " Momma's gonna kill me", he hears a sound from his mother. She is grinning and laughing, very lightly of course but laughing. I think she left with many happy memories!!
Very good story, very good.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
My wife got out of HS by the grace of God. She hated it. She has a mild case of dyslexia and reading and numbers are a challenge.

She went to hair dressing school, now called cosmetology, and enjoyed the ability to do things with her hands and be creative. She worked for a guy for 5 years and then opened her own shop. Had 5 employees at one time.

Always been a giving, positive person. One of her "ladies" as she called them, was diagnosed with "C" and was losing her hair through the treatment. So she ordered a wig from one of her suppliers just the color of the ladies hair. The next week when the lady came in for her regular appt. she was presented with the new hair. A total surprise with no charge. She was thrilled. She always commented how it lifted her spirits.

So that experience led my wife to do that for everyone she knew or anyone who heard about what she was doing.

It's not what you gain, but what you give, that measures the worth of the life you live.