Bought my first one ZEN NOH ZL1501DT

Dog Trot Acres

Equipment
ZEN-NOH ZL1501DT with a 1846QT BUSH HOG frontend loader, 4 ft BUSH HOG
Jun 29, 2018
Millbrook, Alabama, USA
Recently bought a ZEN NOH ZL1501DT tractor from a guy. It has a Bushhog brand frontend loader model 1846 QT mounted on it. I got a 4 foot bushog, 5 foot finish mower, 4 foot box blade, and a ripper blade. The tractor has 3047 hours on it. It runs good. It is not pretty but I didn't buy it for looks. We just bought 3 acres to build a HOMESTEAD on and that is what we plan to use it for. I am planning on doing a oil and filter change, fuel filter change, air filter change. Going to grease all of the grease fittings and give it a good pressure washing. I plan on using engine degreaser and then pressure washing it too. I have all ready installed a new battery, sharpened the Bushhog blades, installed a new muffler with flapper valve cover. It has a set of external aftermarket gauges for voltage, oil pressure and temperature. The oil pressure gauge had a leaking line. I fixed that. It has good pressure. I plan on rewiring the whole tractor and moving these gauges into the stock dash bezel. I also plan on adding all led work lights, replacing the stock headlights with led, a small led light bar, plus the red and orange safety lights on the back fenders.

Other then the maintenance I listed is there anything else I should do/check on? Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. I will post so pics as soon as I get enough posts.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
A lot of issues come out of pressure washing, things will start to leak that never did.

Gaskets can be dislodged, O-rings damaged, Seals ripped and injecting water into things that shouldn't get wet.

Also it's very hard on the radiator fins, and the wiring.

Dog Trot Acres

Equipment
ZEN-NOH ZL1501DT with a 1846QT BUSH HOG frontend loader, 4 ft BUSH HOG
Jun 29, 2018
Millbrook, Alabama, USA
I guess I should have said I am going to use the low pressure part of the pressure washer the one that sprays cleaner. Then hose it off. Pressure WASH the body and chassis.