Winter tractor cab options for an L1801...

Kcampbell

Equipment
L1801DT
May 11, 2018
Wapakoneta ohio
I’ll just start out by saying I’m not a great fabricator... with that being said, any cab options for winter protection will hopefully need little to no modification in order to fit... any ideas? I had kicked around a heater house option... basically a wrap around with a plastic windshield and no backside.. using the heat from the engine to keep off the chill. Then I seen a small canvas cab on a bolens tractor , about the same size as my L1801 and thought I may be able to easily modify it to fit... how many more options are there? I’m thinking cost effective as well...
One other question, how hard are these two cylinder diesels to start in the colder temps like we get in in Ohio? Thanks guys!

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I’ll just start out by saying I’m not a great fabricator... with that being said, any cab options for winter protection will hopefully need little to no modification in order to fit... any ideas? I had kicked around a heater house option... basically a wrap around with a plastic windshield and no backside.. using the heat from the engine to keep off the chill. Then I seen a small canvas cab on a bolens tractor , about the same size as my L1801 and thought I may be able to easily modify it to fit... how many more options are there? I’m thinking cost effective as well...
One other question, how hard are these two cylinder diesels to start in the colder temps like we get in in Ohio? Thanks guys!
CAb options are going to be limited.
you'll just have to search and find.

You need to install the block heater and give it about an hour warm up to make it much easier to start!
Also make sure the glow plugs are up to snuff. ;)
My kubotas all start with little issue in even the coldest of temps.

Kcampbell

Equipment
L1801DT
May 11, 2018
Wapakoneta ohio
CAb options are going to be limited.
you'll just have to search and find.

You need to install the block heater and give it about an hour warm up to make it much easier to start!
Also make sure the glow plugs are up to snuff. ;)
My kubotas all start with little issue in even the coldest of temps.
What block heater do you recommend? I agree with you on cab options... I may just settle for the heater house with the back exposed... better than nothing. Thanks!