B8200 BF300 FEL Subframe

rbeall

Equipment
B8200
Mar 30, 2018
Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario
I’m looking for some pictures of a BF300 subframe. I’m going to build my own FEL. Rather not completely reinvent the wheel here. If anyone has this model and could post some pictures of the subframe it could save me a couple of extra hours designing my own.
Thanks

Donystoy

Equipment
LX2610HSDCC, B/H, Loader, plus numerous other attachments. B7200 sold
Dec 10, 2013
Binbrook, Ontario
My B7200 has a custom subframe for the aftermarket loader. If you are close by you are welcome to see mine.

conropl

Equipment
L3560 HSDC
Oct 17, 2016
West Michigan
I missed this when you originally posted it. It looks like a lot of work. Nicely done.

It apprears you have had it operational since the beginning of December. Does it meet your expectations? What kind of load can you put on it?

Most buckets have extra support across the top to add strength (stiffness) and thicker side walls... which also allows for handy chain hooks and clevices to be added without bending the bucket. Have you noticed any flexing or twisting of the bucket?

Thanks for posting. I would be interested in hearing how it performs.

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

rbeall

Equipment
B8200
Mar 30, 2018
I missed this when you originally posted it. It looks like a lot of work. Nicely done.

It apprears you have had it operational since the beginning of December. Does it meet your expectations? What kind of load can you put on it?

Most buckets have extra support across the top to add strength (stiffness) and thicker side walls... which also allows for handy chain hooks and clevices to be added without bending the bucket. Have you noticed any flexing or twisting of the bucket?

Thanks for posting. I would be interested in hearing how it performs.

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk
I have been using it this snow season. I welded on a stiffener across the top 1/1/2x1/4” angle iron for extra support along with two 5/16” grab hooks.
As for the total load, I’m uncertain as to what I can lift. An over full bucket of snow is no problem.
Overall, I’m quite happy with the performance so far.

Jason Stigge

Equipment
B8200
Apr 1, 2019
Plattsmouth, NE
Did you happen to make a set of blue prints for this build? I'm considering building a FEL for my 8200 as well. Any lessons learned to pass on? Thanks and great work!

rbeall

Equipment
B8200
Mar 30, 2018
Did you happen to make a set of blue prints for this build? I'm considering building a FEL for my 8200 as well. Any lessons learned to pass on? Thanks and great work!
I didn’t make any drawings. I first built the whole thing out of wood then made it out of steel. One item to keep in mind is the angle support from the front to the upright supports needs to be more than just flat bar. I originally had flat bar and bent it while attempting to lift a frozen snow pile this winter. I had not thought about the compression load on those supports. I have now added angle iron(and gussets under the angle iron) to add extra stiffness.

Attachments