Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID

Dunbar

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 LA525 QA PFL2042 Forks RCR1860 FDR1672 BB1560 EA55 WR Grapple FitRite TnT
Aug 2, 2018
Texas
Thanks Wolfman. I did see that the OP's neighbor fabricated the original. In this thread Foggy mentioned that his dealer made him one and several extras. I'll take a close look at my 3rd function lines to see if I might need something like the OP's solution and contact him if so. I guess I can't worry about every possibility but my wife drove around the property in our Excursion and got a branch hooked up over the driveshaft. Fortunately she had passengers and was going easy on the throttle.:eek:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Thanks Wolfman. I did see that the OP's neighbor fabricated the original. In this thread Foggy mentioned that his dealer made him one and several extras. I'll take a close look at my 3rd function lines to see if I might need something like the OP's solution and contact him if so. I guess I can't worry about every possibility but my wife drove around the property in our Excursion and got a branch hooked up over the driveshaft. Fortunately she had passengers and was going easy on the throttle.:eek:
Your L2501 does not have the same setup as the OP's , his is a grand model (L4760), completely different line placement, so his cover would not work for you.
Your L2501 lines are not as vulnerable as the grands. ;)

Last edited:

Dunbar

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 LA525 QA PFL2042 Forks RCR1860 FDR1672 BB1560 EA55 WR Grapple FitRite TnT
Aug 2, 2018
Texas
Ah, good point. I have a lot to learn about my own tractor much less the differences between the models. I still like the idea of expanded metal in the brush guard. I think black rather than orange would make it less visible and keep the original look of the beast. I dig how the Japanese make tractors look like transformers from the kid shows as if they are robots and smart. I saw a T-shirt in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, the UP. It said, "Yoopers - strong like bull, smart like tractor. A version of this.

"

SteveSRT

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L6060, 8n and Polaris Ranger Northstar 1000
Jun 16, 2018
sparks, NV
Glad I saw this thread. I wanted to make a guard for my L6060 I just got. I'm worried I'll kick up a rock just right or stick in my yard with the front tires an break a fitting off. I like the design the OP built, it's simple and looks nice.

Foggy1111

Equipment
L 3560 HSTC
Jul 17, 2018
USA
North Idaho Wolfman;299662 talk to the OP of this post said:
http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/member.php?u=26335[/url]
I never tried to make it my own, Wolfboy. If you look back to my post #5 here.... and then read and interpret what was said, perhaps you can gain a little semblance of knowledge on this issue.

I never tried to "steal" this thread....you made it personal....and personally I have little time for you. You chose to insult me. Early on, I noted that LDowney had the solution and even called him to buy one from him. That failed, so my dealer made one to his picture / post. ( Thank you LDowney!) You have a way of twisting things more ways than a Democrat. You should find a new line of work. Moderating a website and reason is not your strong suit.

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I never tried to make it my own, Wolfboy. If you look back to my post #5 here.... and then read and interpret what was said, perhaps you can gain a little semblance of knowledge on this issue.

I never tried to "steal" this thread....you made it personal....and personally I have little time for you. You chose to insult me. Early on, I noted that Dunbar had the solution and even called him to buy one from him. That failed, so my dealer made one to his picture / post. ( Thank you Dunbar!) You have a way of twisting things more ways than a Democrat. You should find a new line of work. Moderating a website and reason is not your strong suit.
Your really confused, Dunbar did not start this thread and is not the OP.
He also did not make the guard for the grand L.

I think in the future deleting your posts will be easier then trying to get you to play nice...You don't know how!
Call me another name... I dare you! ;)

Foggy1111

Equipment
L 3560 HSTC
Jul 17, 2018
USA
Your really confused, Dunbar did not start this thread and is not the OP.
He also did not make the guard for the grand L.

I think in the future deleting your posts will be easier then trying to get you to play nice...You don't know how!
Call me another name... I dare you! ;)
Bite me. Go fish. (ok I made a mistake on the name......sorry L Downey). Wolfboy is still a jerk. IS that enough ammo for you....or would you like more? Baaahahaahahahaahahaha

Last edited:

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
I vote for a permanent ban from the forum for Foggy. If I want to listen to childish, abusive behavior I can turn on the tv or read the political ads, it has no place on this forum.

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
I vote for a permanent ban from the forum for Foggy. If I want to listen to childish, abusive behavior I can turn on the tv or read the political ads, it has no place on this forum.
Sheepfarmer and D2Cat, you have my vote and support for this recommendation. This is too nice of a forum to have that kind of rubbish going on.