I’m sure your knees are happy to be done with that

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Starting to work on the walkway around to the driveway. Won’t be more than 30 square feet or so.

Plumb it with the (damaged) thumb[emoji106].......[emoji12]....looks better than expected 4 days later...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Well, some backfill and a fire pit for the Mrs. and I think we’re good. Been too hot to lay pavers, but 62 today.

Walkway to driveway matches well, but ended 1/4” high, according to my thumb-plumb...[emoji12]

I can live with it., and surprisingly still have my thumbnail..

We’ve been using it quite a bit, and she’s happy.....good thing....

Last edited:

greeno

Equipment
B2710 w/LA402 FEL, BL4690 hoe, RB1560, GS1560, Haban 5' sickle bar, 5' JD RC
Jul 14, 2018
Big Lake MN
I thought blood, guts and gore were banned on this site?!? Lol

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
Very nice indeed! Love the pattern.

What's next?

:)

twomany

Equipment
B7200
Jul 10, 2017
Vermont
Yesterday was spent, resetting three areas of "Boston" pavers around the house. This rainy summer has seen some settling. Our house site is anything but flat. Two sides at one floor level, and the other two sides a story below. Pavers on three sides, I'll get to that last side "someday".

The areas were small, < 20 sq ft each. It's only the first paver lifted that offers a challenge.[=_ It's amazing how quickly a wheel barrow tray full of sand gets used up.

The outside stairs need rework every three years or so. Gravity plays with the stone base.
I swear I'm going to set those stair pavers in concrete every time they get redone. That's been about 20 years. but "next time..... ;-)
Note, the stairs are set in offset stacked wooden "frames". Each bearing on the one below. Frames are filled with pea stone to leave room for the pavers to sit flush.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Excellent job! :D
On the pavers that is, not the thumb! :eek:

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
FYI: Probably too late but...

You know drilling your fingernail will stop the pain...

While visiting my parents in CA, I caught a finger in a car door. (Hard to get it out when the door is locked and you drop your keys!)

Used a Dremel to gently drill through the nail -painless!. (Some people use a hot paper clip.) But, every 6 hours or so, the blood would would clot the drain hole and I'd have to "clean it out." I was on the way back to Tucson and stopped in Blythe for gas. Finger was beating along with my heartbeat. Fortunately, I had a steak knife from my mom's and in the sink I released the pressure. Poor guy in the sink next to me thought I had slit my wrist. Oh... my God that felt better and allowed me to get home.

Fortunately, I have only had to do that a couple times in this life. Hope finger pain is behind me.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Ray - oh, I know the drill routine all to well.....
This one bled out the end for the most part. Not a lot caught under the nail.

JessicaMathis

Equipment
Kubota
Aug 3, 2021
Canada
A patio, like almost any place or thing in our world, has both advantages and disadvantages. A deck is an open space; it means fresh country air, but it also means wind, rain, heat, or even snow. Provide, as much as possible, protection from adverse weather conditions. This includes shady places from the sun, hedges, shields, tall plants, or even the wall of a nearby house from the wind, folding canopies from the rain, and so on. When planning your patio space, it's not at all unreasonable to think about the sides of the world. Think about what time of day you will be on the patio more often. And choose https://www.gardenfurniture.co.uk, which will be more comfortable for you.

Last edited: