Wtf?

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
We were at my place in the mountains from Saturday afternoon through today about 10AM. Hoped to see the Perseid Meteor shower- viewing was only fair due to clouds & wildfire smoke.
Anyway, about 3PM today, my neighbor called & asked why were selling our place, and sent a picture of a For Sale sign posted on our property. WTF?
Called the number and spoke to the woman realtor who questioned wether or not we really knew where our property was. WTF again?
She said her client owned property they wanted to sell at 1700 Valley, my place is at 1636, and my neighbor's place is at 1706, so the sale property must be between those two. But that is the north half of mine, and there is no 1700 Valley anywhere in the subdivision. I told her to remove the sign immediately, or my neighbor would do it for her. A couple hours later, they moved the sign across the street, to 1711 Valley. Not sure if that is correct, because the going rate for a bare acre of ground is about $39,000, and their website lists that property at $359,000. WTF?
How do people this stupid reach maturity? They seem too stupid to survive.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Bill, I live in the country, and I pretty much know all the property owners for 1 mile in each direction.

Couple of weeks ago I went up the road to visit with a neighbor. As I got near his driveway I noticed a car off the side of the road with a woman setting at the wheel. I went and visited and the man's wife asked me what I noticed when I went by that car. She said it had been setting there for 20 minutes or so.

When I left the car was still there, so I pulled beside it and asked the driver if she needed some help. She said, no problem. She's a realtor and going to show that house to some prospective clients. I asked her which house. She points to on just across from where she is parked, that one.

I tell her it's not for sale to my knowledge. She says yes it it, and shows me a printout of a picture of the front of the house. I look at it, and look at it again, then tell her that's not this house.

She disagrees with me, and tell me she's been waiting there for several minutes. I suggested she call her clients, because she probably has them in a tizzy wondering where their agent is!

I must be convincing, because she drove off.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Well you can blame the postal service for some of it. My little field behind the old barn has a street address, no house no utilities nada but 4 high pressure gas lines running through it, and no I get nothing for them the original owner sold the right away for 300 bucks during the depression.
SO far no one has tried to buy it but ya never know,,lol

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
I keep getting texts from someone wanting to buy my P.O. Box. As in mail box in the post office. Guys says he wants to flip it. I told him, $2.75 million and it's his. Cash money. He keeps bugging me.

Huh?

bearskinner

Equipment
BX25D, snowblower, PHD, Grapple, Snow blade, land Plane
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho
I had owned my place in Alaska since the mid 1980’s. I was issued the address when I purchased the bare land. Build the cabin and shop, utilities in place, for years when I got a notice I was getting an address??? So what do I do with my original address and tax info??

Stmar

Equipment
B2650HSDC
May 23, 2017
Buffalo, Wyoming
GPS does not work where I live, it has my place as a different street which is about a half mile before my place, Google is not always right. I get people all the time that depend on their "smart phones" instead of reading signs and using common sense. Came home from town a while back and a guy was sitting on our deck just enjoying the scenery. I asked him if he was lost and he said no that he was waiting for the realtor, asked what address and he said the street that shows on Google, so I pointed him in the right direction. He had a drone company and was going to take vids of the property which was kinda cool. I must say I meet some interesting people. The coolest one was a lady from France that was looking for Cody which is a few hundred miles and a mountain range away, something must have been missing in the translation.