Tool box added in cab - L4760

WildThing

Mar 8, 2018
New London, NH
My tractor spends most of its time on a piece of land two miles from my house, with no building on site. Naturally, there are various tools and such that need to live there too. So far, too many of them have been scattered throughout the cab of my L4760 HSTC. They can be locked up safely there, but the clutter is a little unsafe and a lot annoying.

So, I put my 7th grade wood shop skills to work and built a tool box, which hangs above the HST pedal on the right side of the cab. I shaped it so ingress is still reasonable, but like most owners I get in and out on the left side 98% of the time.

Total spend was near zero ($10 for a life-time supply of the hanger clips that hold the box onto the cross bar), as I had a two foot square piece of plywood (1/4 inch) laying around. Hours spent were excessive, as I redesigned it several times so that the 2'x2' plywood was all I needed. In the end it is 13.5 inches tall and 10 inches wide at the back, 8 inches on the top left side and 4 inches on the top right side (bottom left is 6 inches and bottom right is 3 inches). Screwed and glued.

Photos:

Attachments

SRG

Equipment
B8200D 4WD........ JD 870, FWA, 300x FEL.......... JD 797, 72" Z-Trak
Jul 15, 2017
N. IL
Looks good. Now give it a coat of stain, or some paint.