Is the L185 & the Z751 the same engine

Dog Trot Acres

Equipment
ZEN-NOH ZL1501DT with a 1846QT BUSH HOG frontend loader, 4 ft BUSH HOG
Jun 29, 2018
Millbrook, Alabama, USA
I need to order all the filters to service my Zen-Noh ZL1501DT tractor and so far I think I have the Z751 motor but I want to make sure as I order the right part numbers. Is the L185 & the Z751 the same engine? If so I plan on ordering a Wix 57030 oil filter, Wix 46270 Air filter, Wix fuel filter 33389. Please let me know if these are the correct part numbers for my tractors engine. Thank you for any assistance.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I need to order all the filters to service my Zen-Noh ZL1501DT tractor and so far I think I have the Z751 motor but I want to make sure as I order the right part numbers. Is the L185 & the Z751 the same engine? If so I plan on ordering a Wix 57030 oil filter, Wix 46270 Air filter, Wix fuel filter 33389. Please let me know if these are the correct part numbers for my tractors engine. Thank you for any assistance.
Dog trot, take no offence, but please do us a favor and just say L1501, all the other gobbly gook does not mean anything as far as parts or the way its equipped, they are all the same. ;)

Dog Trot Acres

Equipment
Jun 29, 2018
Millbrook, Alabama, USA
Mine has a spin on oil filter not a cartridge type as is listed in the cross reference page. The one on there is from NAPA and I have to buy a smaller oil filter wrench tomorrow to spin it around where I can get the number off of it. I will then order the right part number in WIX brand filter. My next question is the gearbox on the BUSH HOG. Does it use regular 90 weight gear oil in it? I want to check it and make sure it is full. Also does my friends are transmission share fluids with the hydraulics for the front end loader? If so what is suggested to be used for the fluids? Thanks for any helps.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Fuel filter (Wix) 33390

Oil filter (wix) 51034

Your Napa filter should show 3390 for fuel filter and 1034 for the oil filter.

Wix makes Napa filters. Napa just drops the first digit for there filter numbers.

Note: There are a few different oil and fuel filters that will fit. The main thing is the diameter for the sealing gasket, and thread pitch. The difference in the filters is the height.

One part number may be for a really short filter versus one thats taller. The filter number above are the ones on my L1501. I had Japanese marked filters on my tractor, so we just checked thread pitch and diameter at the auto parts store and matched them up.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
For your brush hog, Yes they usually use 90wt gear oil. Mine leaks so I ended up pumping it full of 00 grade grease after draining the last of the gear oil out.

Your transmission does share fluid with the hydraulics for the three point hitch. For your loader, possibly. It depends on how the hydraulics for the loader attach, and if you have a separate tank for the loader. If there is a separate hydraulic tank for the loader, then they don't share fluid.

If the lines for the loader tie into a block on your tractor then it does share fluid with the transmission.

Mystic JT5 fluid is a good universal hydraulic fluid for your tractor.

Dog Trot Acres

Equipment
Jun 29, 2018
Millbrook, Alabama, USA
I checked and there is no seperate resoviour for the frontend loader hydraulic fluids. The hydraulic lines connect from the frontend loader seem to connect directly to the transmission. With that said, my next question is how full do I fill the transmission up with fluid? There is no dipstick, so do I just add fluid until I just see the fluid start to fill the case? Or is there a certain level I need to bring it up to? Thanks again for putting up with all of my stupid questions.

Dog Trot Acres

Equipment
Jun 29, 2018
Millbrook, Alabama, USA
Also I ordered the filters to service my tractor. They will be here Monday. I will post pictures of the tractor before and after.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
I checked and there is no seperate resoviour for the frontend loader hydraulic fluids. The hydraulic lines connect from the frontend loader seem to connect directly to the transmission. With that said, my next question is how full do I fill the transmission up with fluid? There is no dipstick, so do I just add fluid until I just see the fluid start to fill the case? Or is there a certain level I need to bring it up to? Thanks again for putting up with all of my stupid questions.
There's a plug about halfway up the side of the transmission near the clutch pedal. As your sitting on the tractor with feet on the floor boards it's about even with your left big toe. If the tractor original, then it should be painted orange.

Pull the plug and fill the transmission up till fluid starts running out the hole. Then reinstall plug.