Ignition wire colours

Jared

May 27, 2018
Canada
My b 1500 had a tampered ignition and it seems someone has wired it kinda odd. So the glow plug indicator is always on while that’s unit is on unless I shut the key off. Would anyone know the diagram to wire it properly ? It’s a b1500 4wd unit and the back of the ignition says A B I S F on the back

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
My b 1500 had a tampered ignition and it seems someone has wired it kinda odd. So the glow plug indicator is always on while that’s unit is on unless I shut the key off. Would anyone know the diagram to wire it properly ? It’s a b1500 4wd unit and the back of the ignition says A B I S F on the back
Can you post a photo of the back of the key switch.

I would be expecting to see some numbers identifying the many terminals.

Could the key switch have been changed or does it look original?

Dave

Jared

May 27, 2018
Canada
Can you post a photo of the back of the key switch.

I would be expecting to see some numbers identifying the many terminals.

Could the key switch have been changed or does it look original?

Dave

Hey guys sorry for the late reply. There was no numbers on the back just the letters I stated on the first post but I was able to kinda get it wired back up but have the problem of the battery only getting charged with the key in the off position. When the keys on the on position the lights work etc but the battery won’t start charging until I flick the key to off

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Hey guys sorry for the late reply. There was no numbers on the back just the letters I stated on the first post but I was able to kinda get it wired back up but have the problem of the battery only getting charged with the key in the off position. When the keys on the on position the lights work etc but the battery won’t start charging until I flick the key to off
This link is to a chart of universally accepted terminal designations.
http://www.bosch-classic.com/media/...switches/downloads_3/klemmenbezeichnungen.pdf

My experience is not broad enough to say all Kubota's ever built are so marked but certainly many are.

This is why I do NOT think you have the correct switch.

Dave

Jared

May 27, 2018
Canada
This link is to a chart of universally accepted terminal designations.
http://www.bosch-classic.com/media/...switches/downloads_3/klemmenbezeichnungen.pdf

My experience is not broad enough to say all Kubota's ever built are so marked but certainly many are.

This is why I do NOT think you have the correct switch.

Dave
The switch that was in the unit is a cole Hersey. And it has the hold left hand to prewarm the glow plugs and then it goes to the off position then it goes to the on position and then it has the start funstion when you crank it all the way the to the right

Wether it was the original ignition or not I don’t know that but it was the ignition that came on the unit when I purchased it.
I think I just have 2 wires backwards
As I get everything with the key in the on position like lights and signals working but battery only charges when they key is in the off position. I hope to get to it again today and take another look

Thanks for the link

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
The switch that was in the unit is a cole Hersey. And it has the hold left hand to prewarm the glow plugs and then it goes to the off position then it goes to the on position and then it has the start funstion when you crank it all the way the to the right

Wether it was the original ignition or not I don’t know that but it was the ignition that came on the unit when I purchased it.
I think I just have 2 wires backwards
As I get everything with the key in the on position like lights and signals working but battery only charges when they key is in the off position. I hope to get to it again today and take another look

Thanks for the link
An important feature often overlooked when switch substitutions are made is that the GP's are to be powered first in the pre heat position but then again when the key is in the start position.

Look at this table and see if my point is clear enough.

Dave

Jared

May 27, 2018
Canada
An important feature often overlooked when switch substitutions are made is that the GP's are to be powered first in the pre heat position but then again when the key is in the start position.

Look at this table and see if my point is clear enough.

Dave
So I am now assuming that I have the wrong ignition ? CBEFDA5D-5EBB-4100-AD7E-8D7DBCBDDA59.jpg

E1B18D94-BBA3-451B-8999-B702000F41F4.jpg

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Did you look at the switch and wiring diagram NIW posted for a 1400 series.

It has 19, 17, 50, AC & B

Since yours is not anywhere near those terminal identifiers the next step is for you to make a table for the switch you do have so you can see what terminaal is connected to the others in various positions of the switch

Dave

Jared

May 27, 2018
Canada

Since yours is not anywhere near those terminal identifiers the next step is for you to make a table for the switch you do have so you can see what terminaal is connected to the others in various positions of the switch

Dave
I got what I thought was a table for mine off the cole hersey website and after another 3 hours of swapping terminals I was able to get the unit to start and roll the key backwards for the preheat. But it seems after talking to the kubota dealer that the factory kubota switch has the same 17 19 50 AC&B terminals on the back as the b1400 schematic that I seen from the 1400 series so I just decided to get the dealer to order me the proper switch and to my surprise it was only 38$ I was thinking it was going to be 138$ or something crazy so it will be in on Monday or Tuesday and I hope that will solve my charging problem where they key will only charge in the off position.

Thanks got everyone’s help this website rocks

Jared

May 27, 2018
Canada

Dave

The switch that was on it was my problem.

New kubota switch and everything back to normal

Thanks guys