L235 Runs away

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I emailed and PM'ed you the WSM download link again. ;)

Just looking at the pic's, you need to pull the Injection pump out and clean it all up, the scum and crud could be causing all the issues.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
I second Wolfman's advice ;) your in the right spot, and the rod is the back one that was giving me fits. But dang!!!!! That's a lot of crud in there :eek:

farrelmh

Equipment
L235
Dec 30, 2015
Palmyra,NY
I second Wolfman's advice ;) your in the right spot, and the rod is the back one that was giving me fits. But dang!!!!! That's a lot of crud in there :eek:
That rod will not move like at ALL... is it suppose to move freely? can i tap on it with a hammer and some PB blaster... seeing i need that to move before i can pull the pump out? and what can i spray in there to clean it?

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Would have to experiment,carb cleaner would be my first try. Just remember oil needs to be drained to get rid of whatever solvents you use in there.

farrelmh

Equipment
L235
Dec 30, 2015
Palmyra,NY
Would have to experiment,carb cleaner would be my first try. Just remember oil needs to be drained to get rid of whatever solvents you use in there.
OK thats fine.. i want to get that housing Clean .. so a oil change is fine.. any advice on what oil people use in this 1985.. ? never owned one...

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Oil selection is dependant on your weather, and where you keep it. Im using 10/30 diesel oil and store my L1501 in a heated garage. Just above freezing.
15/40 to 0/30 diesel regular or synthetic oil is available so possibilities are endless. The choice of oil will stir up a long debate here.

I read some injection pumps are self contained as far as lubricating goes, they have their own resevoir. Not necessarily the case here, but if it was that would explain a lot.

farrelmh

Equipment
L235
Dec 30, 2015
Palmyra,NY
I was able to Free the Fuel Rack,, after soaking IP in kereo for 2 days. And some love taps from a hammer... now it moves freely. now i have to source some gaskets to reassemble everything and test the now freed up IP.

Diydave

Equipment
L2202 tractor, L185f tractor
Oct 31, 2013
Gambrills, MD USA
I was able to Free the Fuel Rack,, after soaking IP in kereo for 2 days. And some love taps from a hammer... now it moves freely. now i have to source some gaskets to reassemble everything and test the now freed up IP.
Gasket like that only holds crankcase vapor pressure, at most. I'd use some black silicone RTV sealant on it after a thorough cleaning, or if you wanna make it look original, take the cover, and lay it on some water pump gasket paper, and draw a pencil line around the outside, and the holes, cut the gasket, punch the holes, and it's done...:D:D

farrelmh

Equipment
L235
Dec 30, 2015
Palmyra,NY
:cool:
Gasket like that only holds crankcase vapor pressure, at most. I'd use some black silicone RTV sealant on it after a thorough cleaning, or if you wanna make it look original, take the cover, and lay it on some water pump gasket paper, and draw a pencil line around the outside, and the holes, cut the gasket, punch the holes, and it's done...:D:D
I took the intake off, for better access to the IP, seeing the fuel rack was stuck i had to jimmy it out due to the Rack pin was not lined up with the block Keyway. im curious on what the local dealer will have the, or if anyone knows the part numbers so i can look on amazon etc..

farrelmh

Equipment
L235
Dec 30, 2015
Palmyra,NY
Go here and input your model # and get the part #'s that you need.

http://www.kubota.com/part/partsList.aspx

Then go here and order the parts you need.

http://www.colemanequip.com/Kubota_Parts.asp

Thanks sir, ! i called the local shops around me for the part numbers i got. and there are no gaskets in the state of NY for my L235. so im going to go the gasket maker path.. cant wait 2 weeks for parts.. I want to test this Fuel rack sooner then later .. and i need loader stands hhahah

farrelmh

Equipment
L235
Dec 30, 2015
Palmyra,NY
Sooo, i was able to get the rack slide free... i installed it and was able to get bolted in .. and it was locked up again ???/ look it out and have to tap with a hammer to free it.. so now im trying to take it apart and clean the inside... anyone have any advice for this? It says D1100 on the label of pump... how to i get the lower section to drop out of the bottom ?

many thanks
Mike

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Advice:
Buy a rebuilt pump! ;)

Last edited:

Diydave

Equipment
L2202 tractor, L185f tractor
Oct 31, 2013
Gambrills, MD USA
Or take the parts to a local rebuilder. I just had a similar pump rebuilt, on my ASV, estimate was $100/hole, came in at $305.00 actually...:D

farrelmh

Equipment
L235
Dec 30, 2015
Palmyra,NY
Call these guys:
http://oregonfuelinjection.com/

No there is no injection pump rebuild kit, or at least not one that I know of.
Well after bailing on paying 550 for a shop to rebuild my pump, I got some 0000 steel wool and some Shop Kleen, soaked all the components. Polished every thing up like new. put it back together about a million times until i got the timing and the plungers set right ( Never have built one before ) i assembled the pump. the fuel rack will now fall under its own weight when you flip pump on the side. installed everything primed system.. and it started first try.. and idles GREAT !!! no more issues.. no smoke.. no bad for a guy who has never seen a Kabota injection pump... if anyone has any questions about them.. i can rebuild it with my eyes closed at this point.!! thanks for all the help!