BX2360 Instrument Cluster Replacement

Dew70

Equipment
BX2360
Sep 3, 2011
Nestleton, Ontario
I have to replace the instrument cluster on a BX2360 as the fuel gauge needle sticks intermittently. I have verified the sender is working properly. I am toying with the idea of installing one from a BX2370 as I like the layout better. I have the wiring diagram for the BX2360 from the service manual but need a diagram for a BX2370 to verify the wiring and the connector is the same. Does anyone have any experience doing something similar to this or can think of any reasons it would not work, other that differences in the wiring? If I had the BX2370 wiring diagram I m sure I could confirm whether it would be compatible or not. Thanks!

uglyboy

Equipment
TG1860G
Mar 8, 2013
St. George, Ontario
from what I've read, erroneous fuel guage reading is not uncommon on BXs.
don't know if it's the guage or sender unit, or if the problem is still there on the 70 series.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Dew as a BX guy yeah the fuel gauge drives me nuts too, look in the tank and it looks half full run to the bottom of the hill and the gauge reads empty,, It really aint no big deal just make sure its fueled up when you use it, flat and level it reads true on the hills up down and sideways,, ya never know whats in there

Dew70

Equipment
BX2360
Sep 3, 2011
Nestleton, Ontario
Thanks for the replies. I almost ran out of fuel a couple of times because when I initially turn the key to on, the gauge should normally sweep to full then show the proper fuel level. What is happening is the needle doesn't sweep but makes a buzzing noise then shows an incorrect higher than actual fuel level. I just have to be careful during start up that the needle sweeps properly.

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
Hi Dew!

I have both wiring diagrams and it looks like the BX2370 ins. panel will work on your tractor. I haven't had a chance to try it yet though, I'm not certain that the plug will fit. The dash is the same part number on both tractors ( and the BX2350) but the wiring harness is a different number. If i get a chance I'll try swapping one and see if it works. The fuel gauge seems to work better on the 2370 even though it is the same fuel tank and sender, I think they must have it dampened better.
Ed

Last edited:

Dew70

Equipment
BX2360
Sep 3, 2011
Nestleton, Ontario
Thanks, eserv! That would be fantastic if you could confirm that the connector is the same, now that you have verified the wiring is the same. I would hate to waste $300 on a failed science experiment!

By the way, checked out the price at Messicks and they are asking $265 ish for the BX2670 dash. The price at my local Kubote dealer in Oshawa is $385. I guess will buy from the US and have it delivered to my US delivery address.

Dew

eserv

Equipment
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
Thanks, eserv! That would be fantastic if you could confirm that the connector is the same, now that you have verified the wiring is the same. I would hate to waste $300 on a failed science experiment!

By the way, checked out the price at Messicks and they are asking $265 ish for the BX2670 dash. The price at my local Kubote dealer in Oshawa is $385. I guess will buy from the US and have it delivered to my US delivery address.

Dew
I checked a new one today and the connector is way different! It would be quite a job to get a connector wired in that would work. I still might try it, but it'll be a problem sourcing a connector plug . You could change out the wiring harness too............? Another $450.00
Ed

Last edited:

Dew70

Equipment
BX2360
Sep 3, 2011
Nestleton, Ontario
Well, that answers my question. I cant see spending that much money just for a connector as I am sure it would be near impossible to find anywhere.

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to look into this. You may have saved me a lot of irritation (and money).

Dew

EmeraldCityRich

Mar 27, 2015
Seattle area
I know this thread is a couple years old, but for those searching the archives for info on BX-24 Instrument Clusters, I can confirm the Cluster for the BX-25 fits and works just fine. I recently purchased a 2007 BX-24 with the hours meter and fuel gauge inoperable. Upon my insistence to have everything working properly, the dealer ordered and installed the BX-25 cluster. Looks great!

BTW, I also ordered a kit that includes every decal on the tractor, except for the plastic chrome pieces on the hood that spell out BX-24. I also bought a new hood since the very first time I used the tractor a log fell on the hood and cracked it - yeesh!

Rich
Renton, WA
2007 Kubota BX-24

gravity

Equipment
BX24
Feb 8, 2016
middle, USA
I know this thread is a couple years old, but for those searching the archives for info on BX-24 Instrument Clusters, I can confirm the Cluster for the BX-25 fits and works just fine. I recently purchased a 2007 BX-24 with the hours meter and fuel gauge inoperable. Upon my insistence to have everything working properly, the dealer ordered and installed the BX-25 cluster. Looks great!
I'm looking to replace my BX24 cluster due to the hour meter long since broken and the needle broken on the temp gauge. The original cluster only has temp, fuel and hours but I noticed the BX25 cluster also includes RPM. So, does the RPM work on the BX24 with the BX25 cluster? I assume there would need to be an rpm sensor somewhere but I can't find it in the BX24 or BX25 online parts lookup and I'm not sure where I would look on the engine.

eserv

Equipment
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
The new instrument cluster comes with the correct adapter to fit back to BX50 series and BX24's.

gravity

Equipment
BX24
Feb 8, 2016
middle, USA
The new instrument cluster comes with the correct adapter to fit back to BX50 series and BX24's.
Thank you; however, I know from what others have said that it will connect but I'm trying to confirm if RPM/Tach will be shown since the original did not have this.

I found the following in the BX25 manual (I haven't found this in the BX24 manual):

After starting the engine, this meter indicates the
present engine revolution.
The meter picks up the voltage from the Ie regulator
located in the alternator.
The Ie regulator sends a signal of the engine
revolution to the meter.
The meter calculates the signal. It changes and
indicates the signal to the engine revolution in
cooperation with the voltage.

Is it safe to assume the BX24 alternator has the necessary connections available to provide the same? The parts diagram for the cluster does show an additional cable/adaptor but it doesn't really show to what it connects...just looks like an adapter to the existing cable plus an extra lead directly to the battery.

btw, alternator calculation for RPM doesn't seem like a very accurate way to derive engine RPM.

jocko

Jun 18, 2018
battle creek MI united states
I have a BX25. the temp gauge needle broke. I contacted the dealer and ordered a replacement instrument panel. upon parts pick up was informed the original was no longer available and was upgraded. Came with an interface cable and no instructions but was easy to install.
old gauge had a mechanical fuel and temp with LED rpm / hour. New gauge is digital with a mechanical RPM.
Problem is the mechanical RPM does not work nor do the Hours show. Everything else works. Called 3 dealer service dept. none can give an answer and Kubota support emailed me back a can't assist and to contact the dealer service department.
Anyone have this problem and were you able to resolve this?