What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

oldrockfan

Equipment
L185DT, 5' brush hog, 5' box blade plus front blade
Jul 3, 2015
fort worth, Texas
nothing special but finally broke down and mounted a metal 30cal ammo box on the back of the seat for my Kubota. Painted it Kubota orange and happy with the result. Handy for carrying some basic tools with me.

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Nothing. Big dump of snow and drifting. Four hours in the truck, couple more tomorrow. Want to start building my front accessory mount.

bmblank

Equipment
2020 L3901HST, LA525 Loader, 66" Q/A Bucket, PFL2042 Forks, Meteor SB68PT Blower
Mar 4, 2015
Cadillac, MI
I spent a couple hours starting with the back blade trying to rip up the packed down snow that we've been driving over for too long. Then followed that up with the blower to get it all out of the way.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

boz1989

Equipment
B2910 fel 60 mmm, Land Pride rb1572
Jun 10, 2015
Portland, MI
Been cutting a lot of wood this winter, finally remembered to take a picture. This is the smart way to cut wood, load it up and cut it right next to the outdoor furnace. This was one of many loads this year

Billdog350

Equipment
Kubota L3710 HST,L2230A QT,forks,Takeuchi TB125, 60" Luck Now pto Snowblower
Jan 6, 2014
East Hampton, CT
Made up a set of wings for my Luck-Now snowblower for my L3710. The blower was a 60" but the tractor is closer to 72" wide. I had a local fab shop bend me up some 1/4" plate and then I welded on the supports and cut out the clearance holes for the blower auger. Waiting for the next big snowstorm to test it out but it should work great!

Attachments

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
Man that's PRETTY!

My 2012 motor is black... :(

MORE PICTURES!!!! KEEP 'EM COMING!

Ray

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Made up a set of wings for my Luck-Now snowblower for my L3710. The blower was a 60" but the tractor is closer to 72" wide. I had a local fab shop bend me up some 1/4" plate and then I welded on the supports and cut out the clearance holes for the blower auger. Waiting for the next big snowstorm to test it out but it should work great!
I like the look of the plates, I will just say you might need or want to put some bolts on the back edge of the blower, it's amazing how much force a little snow can exert on the wings. ;)
I have hit snow/iced banks with mine and bent them and mine are 3/8 steel. :eek:

Billdog350

Equipment
Kubota L3710 HST,L2230A QT,forks,Takeuchi TB125, 60" Luck Now pto Snowblower
Jan 6, 2014
East Hampton, CT
Wolfman, thanks for the suggestions. I had taken that pic partway through the project. I have at least 4 bolts per side, with two of them close to the "leading edge" of the blower , top and bottom, and two further back. I was actually considering welding some reinforcement angle inside the blower to make the sides stronger, but for now I'm going to test and see how it works out.

I also use the tractor weekly to restock the firewood that I keep under cover on my front porch...

Attachments

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I use mine to stock firewood too, It's been so much better than a hand truck or lawn tractor with a little trailer that spent way too much time spinning chained tires and getting stuck. ;)

Last edited:

Lennyzx11

Equipment
L3301
Dec 18, 2015
Bennington Vermont
First I took some tools/material down to basement to finish the utility room I built there. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455360475.955251.jpg

Then some more OSB because I hate carrying it in the wind.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455360549.737493.jpg

Then got caught by DW unloading the pickup after a run into town this way. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455360626.312031.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

newbiewankubotie

Equipment
B3030 20
Dec 23, 2015
Tyrone PA USA
Fired up my B3030 (try to run it once a week) and loaded 3 front loader buckets full of firewood for my woodburner. This machine has SO many uses I never thought of. I load it from my 10 cords of 30 inch cut oak, then drive it to the sliding glass door, get close and easily stack it. So much easier than carrying it "leather strap load" at a time. BACK SAVER.

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
Moved a little steel off the trailer for my new gazebo. We plan on using the Kubota to lift the steel into position for welding.

The smaller 4x4's are around 150 lbs each. The 4x12's are just short of 400lbs each. The big pieces are 20' long.

Attachments

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I tossed an old shipping quilt over the old gal and stuck a 100 watt bulb under the whole thing,,, was -15 this morning with the wind,, garage felt about -20, burst several cans of pop and froze the eggs in the fridge out there it was so cold the clock stopped working

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
See the pile of 20 foot steel beams a few posts above...

I had to get this into my backyard. Here is the path...

Up the wooden curb ramps... left of the little tree...

...right missing one saguaro and a second one while staying out of the ocotillo to the left and then making a hard right into the gate...

The gate is eight inches wider than my box scraper on each side...

...and then sit them on blocking on the patio without hitting another big cactus....

Oh... and there was no one around to help me.

The original plan was to set one end of the beam on the edge of my box scraper and the other end on the edge of the FEL bucket. Neat idea but, that takes heavy lifting with a partner.

I used my ratchet strap and slings that I used for my boulder hauling and hung the beam at the balance point from the right edge of my bucket. Moving the load ran me off-camber to the left so loading the right side of the machine increased stability. Max load was under 400 lbs so it looked a little "tweaked" but straightened out as soon as the load was off. The rear of the beam got lashed to the side of the tractor with a 6" chunk of foam between the beam and the tractor. Over a ton of steel moved and no scratches. It fit through the gate with inches to spare. WHOO-HOO!!!

My welder said he would have liked to use a crane to move the material but he couldn't get it back into the area. He said I saved myself $700 by not using one. He was still trying to figure out how to move them. He'll be really happy when they show up Monday and the material is next to the assembly site. Took me three hours but it saved me three hours of the crews time. That's another $700 off the purchase price of my Kubota, plus two welders labor. Call it $1000 even.

How do you do stuff without a tractor?

Ray

Attachments

Last edited:

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
Cut some firewood today, was a little cold at 14F when we started. Got up to 24F when we stopped.

Used the Titan pallet forks to bring the logs to the shed and block them up.

Then changed to the bucket to take the split wood into the shed.

I knew the forks would make things easier, but they help a lot more than I thought. It's nice to be able to block the logs up without having to bend over or worry about getting the chain in the dirt.

Attachments