BX25D Battery Cover

tdibratt

Equipment
Bx25d-1
Feb 7, 2016
Richmond Hill, Ontaro, Canada
Hi folks I am new to this forum and happy to say I got myself a 2014 BX25D. Just slightly used.

Got a few questions. I am new to Kubota. traded in my Kioti CS2104. Nice tractor as well. The Kioti was a 2012 and the dash really lit up when I started it. The Kubota dash was replaced by dealer due to condensation under the dash and just want to make sure it's working properly. I do not really notice it light up. The tach works. The signal marker seem to light up when it first starts but. I guess I should have taken a picture.

Secondly I went to install my battery tender and after 10 minutes of see hung I finally found the battery. I removed the threaded knob and pulled back the cover. Unfortunately the cover does not go back on tight with the harness sticking out between the dash housing and cover so I am going to install one of those luggage ports like you see on Amazon. However my question is how does the cover snap back on at the bottom. Is there some kind of trick to putting cover back on?

Thx

William1

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25D
Jul 28, 2015
Richmond, Virginia
Dash lights up only when the headlights are on.

The condensation issue is a real problem. I had it, got a new dash, the new dash had it and the tractor never got wet. Moisture was already in it. I plan to let my dealer know, tell him not to replace the dash again but to note it in case the dash fails due to moisture later on in life and THEN he can replace it ;)

As far as getting the cover on, it is a slight pain. There are tabs that slide (if that is a fair use of the term) into the alloy framing. It can take some wiggling, walking from one side to the other and all of a sudden, it will sit where it is supposed to. There is probably a trick to it but in having taken mine off a dozen times, I have no discovered it.

As far as the tender wires, if you want and they are long enough, you can easily feed them through the opening the hydrostatic lines for the steering use, plenty of room. Just be sure to put the cables in a sheath for safety.
Then you can zip ty the plug to the air pipe or what ever makes it accessible and safe. Then just pop the hood and plug in. Raised hood will flag you to disconnect and not try to drive away.

Last edited:

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
William brings up some good points - especially the one of not allow the wires of the tender out from the front of the shield at your feet. Best to ZIP tie it to a near by opening and have an easier access. I would not think a battery that new would need some help, but on those real cold Canadian mornings I could see it being a problem! Also as William describes - the slide on front cover is really not that bad once you understand what hooks into what!;):)

trapperdrew

Equipment
2017 BX23S TLB
Dec 16, 2015
Canada
I got this idea from this forum. It's the plug you mention. This is on a 2015 bx2370-1 I got tired of always lifting the hood.

Last edited:

ThisIsNotaStep

Equipment
2005 bx23 tlb
Nov 26, 2010
Ontario, Canada
William brings up some good points - especially the one of not allow the wires of the tender out from the front of the shield at your feet. Best to ZIP tie it to a near by opening and have an easier access. I would not think a battery that new would need some help, but on those real cold Canadian mornings I could see it being a problem! Also as William describes - the slide on front cover is really not that bad once you understand what hooks into what!;):)
Cold? .. where'd you get that from, it was 4 degrees above zero Saturday, 5 yesterday!

seanbarr

Equipment
B7100DT (sold) - Branson 3520H
Feb 1, 2013
Deer Park, WA
Trapper, nice! Care to share where we can get these?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SLIMSHADIE

Equipment
Kubota BX25D
Apr 10, 2013
Eureka,IL
Trapper did a nice install.

I bought an extra set of 18" ring terminal leads. Permanently installed and fished them right next to the hood latch. Just pop the hood and hook up the Battery Tender.