B8200HSD no go ,no PTO

RWilliamson

Equipment
B8200HSD
May 24, 2018
Southampton Ontario
I've lurked here for years and bought my my tractor in January with 265(or 1265 or 2265) hours on the clock.
It has run like a champ,pushing snow,plowing and discing my garden and pulling a flail mower.
Until today, when I wound a nylon cargo strap around the flail.
I got the clutch in and shut 'er down pretty quickly and unhooked the mower to untangle it.
After reconnecting and driving with the PTO disengaged,to a flat spot to test the
mower,it started to make a 'between gears' noise when I let out the clutch.
Now there is no motion, forward or reverse,the PTO doesn't work and that nasty gear noise is there when I let out the clutch.
What have I broken?
Thanks
R

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
I think the coupler at the front of the transmission on the clutch shaft has given out.

Egressman

Equipment
B2601
Sep 7, 2016
Richmond, IN, United States
I've lurked here for years and bought my my tractor in January with 265(or 1265 or 2265) hours on the clock.
It has run like a champ,pushing snow,plowing and discing my garden and pulling a flail mower.
Until today, when I wound a nylon cargo strap around the flail.
I got the clutch in and shut 'er down pretty quickly and unhooked the mower to untangle it.
After reconnecting and driving with the PTO disengaged, to a flat spot to test the
mower, it started to make a 'between gears' noise when I let out the clutch.
Now there is no motion, forward or reverse, the PTO doesn't work and that nasty gear noise is there when I let out the clutch.
What have I broken?
Thanks

R
Have you tried it in all gear ranges?

Are the sounds there in all gears?

Can you turn the PTO by hand or with a pair of channel locks?

There is a coupler behind the PTO cover that may have had a problem after the dead stop.

cam.jpg

The part that eserv was talking about is pictured here. A lot bigger fix for sure!

5555.JPG

RWilliamson

Equipment
B8200HSD
May 24, 2018
Southampton Ontario
I crawled underneath with a flashlight today and discovered that the clutch shaft is turning the coupling when the engine is running,but the the trans input shaft is NOT turning.
It looks like the splines are all beat out of it and the roll pin is sheared.
Is the coupling a wear item?

R

Egressman

Equipment
B2601
Sep 7, 2016
Richmond, IN, United States
I crawled underneath with a flashlight today and discovered that the clutch shaft is turning the coupling when the engine is running,but the the trans input shaft is NOT turning.
It looks like the splines are all beat out of it and the roll pin is sheared.
Is the coupling a wear item?

R
www.messicks.com is where I got the drawing from. Not sure on a wear item but sounds like it was the weakest in the drivetrain!