Gr2120 block heater project

Jmsossi

Equipment
Bx1880 bx2830 rck54-23
Oct 8, 2013
Calumet, mi
Hi
This year was the first winter for my new kubota gr2120 and it was a recored year for cold. When ever it was below 0 and that was most of the time the engine would not start! And had to keep it in my heated garage and park the car outside not good.
I check with my kubota dealer about a block heater and was quoted $250 for a factory kit ! I looked over there instructions on installing one and thought I could make the same thing a lot cheaper .
Some shop time and $100 in materials & parts fittings ect. It is all done .
I plugged the heater in and 1 hr later the whole engine block was nice and warm about 100 degrees .
Here is a link to my photobucket with pictures of the http://s1318.photobucket.com/user/joeshop/library/Tractor cab/Kubota block heater
Tractor starts good now ! This was a fun project.

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Link works,
Curious why you went though all the trouble to make it loop?
Why did you not just put the heater right into the block like all the others do?

Jmsossi

Equipment
Bx1880 bx2830 rck54-23
Oct 8, 2013
Calumet, mi
The reason for the way I did it that way was the engine block does not have enough space in the water jacket to install a heating element.
And I did not want to use a magnetic block heater so I came up with this option and it works great. Same as kubota sells just made it my self.

miro

Equipment
snow blower
Feb 23, 2014
toronto
I like the idea of a block heater, but I don't quite understand from the pictures how you did it.
Could you please explain it some more?
TNX,
miro

jffastrack

Equipment
GR2120
Apr 4, 2021
Northeast
Hello all. I'd love to see the pictures of anyone who's installed a lower hose heater on a GR2120, as mentioned above.
I picked one up,but there's not enough room between the block and radiator to fit it.
Also,the hose is smaller on the block side than the radiator side. Heater fits the radiator side,but not the block side of hose:unsure:

Thanks, appreciate any tips.

Attachments