What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Good luck with that.
Why is that not the best option? :confused:
Whenever I'm working on steep hills (up or down) I only keep my bucket a few inches off the ground, if it gets unstable drop it and it stops it from rolling or sliding! :D

Last edited:

deathtoblackberries

Equipment
B2920
Mar 25, 2013
Battle Ground, WA
Why is that not the best option? :confused:
Whenever I'm working on steep hills (up or down) I only keep my bucket a few inches off the ground, if it gets unstable drop it and it stops it from rolling or sliding! :D
You were expecting it, I wasn't. Had been moving soil for hours with no issue then out of the blue one bucket a bit too heavy and whoosh down the hill I went on the front wheels. It was all over in like 2.5 seconds, steep hill but not long.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
You were expecting it, I wasn't. Had been moving soil for hours with no issue then out of the blue one bucket a bit too heavy and whoosh down the hill I went on the front wheels. It was all over in like 2.5 seconds, steep hill but not long.
Not tying to beat you down... But that's my point, always expect it on hills and you won't have it happen again!
No one likes soiling their shorts! :D

CapnDean

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L6060,ZD1211
Feb 22, 2018
Gulfport, MS USA
Today I completed an exercise in "How many implements can you move": Ya see, I live on the MS Gulf Coast and my barn is backed up to a bayou that will exceed it's banks during tropical events. If my barn had been where it is during Hurricane Katrina, it would have been completely underwater. A Tropical storm will put about 3-4' of water in it. So today I moved: Both Bush Hogs, PTO generator and a finish mower. I figure that the box blade, waterline plow, rake, bionic blade and disk can survive going underwater for a bit.

That's a bit of rigging and de rigging I tell ya. I think I may figure out a strap and harness system to make it easier down the road.
We will see what Alberto has to offer.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
And that my friend, is why I live on a ridge top,,,lol ;) Remember theres thing in that swamp make a grown man cry with fright

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Yea I hear ya my friend, big snakes and big spiders don't agree with me.
Considering Skeets was referring to a member in southern Mississippi, I would think he was referring more to Large snakes and Alligators. And occasionally a big foot sighting :eek::p:D

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Considering Skeets was referring to a member in southern Mississippi, I would think he was referring more to Large snakes and Alligators. And occasionally a big foot sighting :eek::p:D
Lol, yep, don't have much love for those kind of shoes either.;) You still planning a trip this way Daren, if so let me know.

mantrackers1

Equipment
B2650
May 15, 2018
Dewey
I picked up a 10 x 10 shed to put an 8 ft pallet under it. Then using the pallet and a 40 ft racket strap, I used the B2650 to pick the shed up and moved it 200 ft away to the back of the property. I will do the same thing tomorrow with another 10 x 10 shed. Both are metal sheds.

shootem604

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L245DT with Kubota (Arps Model 22) FEL and Kubota B/L4520B (Woods 650) BH
Apr 23, 2018
British Columbia
Over the weekend I pushed a number of big rocks around to start the rock garden retaining walls for my wife. Then loaded my L245DT into my dump trailer, took it into town to load up dirt - loaded, hauled, and dumped about 15 yards of nice dirt back home for the garden (we live on a very rocky patch...) and then when I started the tractor in the morning it squirting dumping oil out of the left side of the engine just by the oil filter - a quick google search turned up info about plugs in holes left by the manufacturing process that can come out, so rigged up a temporary fix and filled up the oil while waiting for the dealer to bring in a new plug this week. Fix has held for now. Also located an old skidder tire in the bush and dragged it out, cut in in half to start a scraper project. Stay tuned!

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
One of my neighbors asked me to cut down a couple cedars and trim some other trees close to the shared private road. I put 1.2 hours on my chipper with all the limbs.

jmf78

Equipment
BX23S W/ Factory Deluxe Cab, 60" MMM, 60" BX-2612 Snow Blade & BX-2816 Blower
Nov 5, 2015
Edinboro, PA, USA
Put a dang couple of idiot marks on the hood. Hoping to find some touch up pain but those are deep. Any suggestions out there?

flyidaho

Equipment
L 3301 HST
Feb 28, 2017
IDAHO
I am wrapping up the last of my 1/4 mile+ trail building project. Manuvering the L3301, on the sloped trail barely 5' wide, with the chipper on the rear and the 4' forks on the front, in the tight confines, has been "interesting". So far so good, as in no bent metal! Here goes the last of the slash in the burn pile, it's Quaking Aspen, not the best for firewood, and I already have a huge stack of it in the wood pile. So, the stuff too big for the chipper gets torched.

Attachments