B3350 Cab model

metro3

Feb 24, 2015
Midland, VA
Hi,

I have a 9 acre hobby farm in Virginia (open land, mostly flat). I use a 6 foot Woods finishing mower to cut about 2.5 acres of yard, a 52 inch Woods tiller for about 1.5 acres of garden and a 5 foot bush hog for the rest.

I currently have a JD 2720 which is 31hp engine and 23.5 on the pto. While this tractor does everything I have asked, I have developed allergies over the years and find I have to wear a dust mask when cutting. This is driving me to look for a tractor with a cab.

The B3350 with cab looks to have a few more HP both on the engine and the PTO (always a good thing) and weighs about 500 pounds more. This should give more traction in the garden.

I looked at staying JD but quite honestly, the cost of a 3R series with cab is crazy. I am considering either a L3560 or the B3350. The L3560 would be great to have for the garden (extra weight for traction) but would probably be overkill for the yard.
The local Kubota dealer has offered me the B3350 cab with loader for $28,000.

What do you think of this price? Do you think I am making a good choice for my needs?

Thanks,
Roger

mickeyd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2014 L3200 DT w/LA524 FEL, 2019 Kubota Z121S w/ 48" Pro Dec, TG1860G w/RCK54TG
Mar 21, 2014
Guin, AL
Welcome to the forum Metro. What price did the dealer put on the L3560 fully loaded? I found that if you have bigger, you will use bigger. Seems to me that the difference in price would be the deciding factor.

virginiavenom

Jan 30, 2015
Sherman, TX
Hi,

I have a 9 acre hobby farm in Virginia (open land, mostly flat). I use a 6 foot Woods finishing mower to cut about 2.5 acres of yard, a 52 inch Woods tiller for about 1.5 acres of garden and a 5 foot bush hog for the rest.

I currently have a JD 2720 which is 31hp engine and 23.5 on the pto. While this tractor does everything I have asked, I have developed allergies over the years and find I have to wear a dust mask when cutting. This is driving me to look for a tractor with a cab.

The B3350 with cab looks to have a few more HP both on the engine and the PTO (always a good thing) and weighs about 500 pounds more. This should give more traction in the garden.

I looked at staying JD but quite honestly, the cost of a 3R series with cab is crazy. I am considering either a L3560 or the B3350. The L3560 would be great to have for the garden (extra weight for traction) but would probably be overkill for the yard.
The local Kubota dealer has offered me the B3350 cab with loader for $28,000.

What do you think of this price? Do you think I am making a good choice for my needs?

Thanks,
Roger
have you gotten a quote for the 3560 similarly equipped? personally I believe you can't really go wrong with the 3560. you get a little more umph and a good amount more weight and in my opinion a far more capable and comfortable tractor.

metro3

Feb 24, 2015
Midland, VA
Hi,

The first dealer didn't recommend the L3560. He said it was "underpowered" for it's weight. He claimed it is almost identical to the B3350 in HP yet weights significantly more hence his feeling it was underpowered.

The second dealer offered the L3560 for $32,950. He was at $28,500 for the B3350 vs the first dealer at $28,000.

That is rounded off a 5K difference. The L series can be financed for longer so the payments are not much different.

I suspect the first dealer didn't have any L3560s which is why he pushed the B3350 so hard. I know the other dealer has both models but is about an hour away. I see a little road trip in my near future so I can compare both models side by side!

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
My pic L3560, a better model than the B3350. ;)
The weight to HP ratio on that model would actually be in your favor, Kubota's are always too light with too much HP for their weight.

The Cabbed L's are better equipped than the B's in my opinion.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
I have a new as of November L3560 and so far it has been wonderful. I have 15 acres, so hauling manure and other bucket work, snow plowing and next spring if it ever gets here, some pasture mowing. I have loaded industrial tires, and 4wd, and except when it is really wet, it is ok on the lawn. I like the ground level fuel fill, no standing on your toes to reach over the hood. It feels too big to mow around the flower beds in tight corners, but that is not something I want to do with it. My veggie patch is much smaller than yours, so it wouldn't work there. I have heard no problems about the 60 series tractors since I've been on the forum. I think you will be happy with one. You might do fine with turf tires even. In either case, make sure your dealer has installed all mandatory campaign updates on your new tractor before taking delivery. Good luck and enjoy that cab!

UnionMan

Equipment
M5-111HDC12, L3800 HST , RTV-X1100C, SCAG TigerCat 61" Kawi FX Motor
Aug 21, 2013
Warrenton, VA
metro3- just curious to what dealers you looked at, Byrd?, McMichaels?

UnionMan

ShaunBlake

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6100D; B219; Piranha bar; Hodge stabilizers; Filled Ag rears; R322T w/48" deck
Dec 21, 2014
Sugar Hill -- next door to Buford, GA
I suspect the first dealer didn't have any L3560s which is why he pushed the B3350 so hard...
I'm glad you have such keen insight. It makes me sad, yet in retrospect I understand why a businessman would try to steer a prospective customer toward an item that means more profit, sooner.

L3560, a better model than the B3350...
The weight to HP ratio on that model would actually be in your favor...

The Cabbed L's are better equipped than the B's in my opinion.
The snarling Wolf makes good points. Probably you will view the 5k price differential a little differently when you've had a chance to do a hands-on on both models.

metro3- just curious to what dealers you looked at, Byrd?, McMichaels?
I am also curious, though I'm in north metro Atlanta (and both poor as, and older than, dirt) so would never be a prospect of either. However, I do like to register (even momentarily) folks whose integrity I admire and applaud, and offer up a little nod of appreciation that such folk populate our world.

Best wishes on your decision!

metro3

Feb 24, 2015
Midland, VA
Unionman...

I looked at McMichaels, Culpeper Kubota and the dealer down in Orange.

McMichaels and Orange were the most realistic in their offer to trade in my 2720. The Culpeper dealer gave me a very low number and didn't act as if they cared to discuss it further.

I am going to try and sell my JD myself and then get serious about looking at Orange tractors.

UnionMan

Equipment
M5-111HDC12, L3800 HST , RTV-X1100C, SCAG TigerCat 61" Kawi FX Motor
Aug 21, 2013
Warrenton, VA
Metro3 - I was just curious to which you talked to. When I bought orange I called around and most people were around the same price plus or minus $500 or so when I bought my L3800. I would of liked to get a bigger cab tractor since I have just under 50 acres in Warrenton but my budget didn't allow to cash the checks my eyes wanted to.

I ended up buying from McMicheals and dealt with Neal directly. Over the past few years I have bought implements from them and last year picked up a Scag zero turn from them. I have had a overall good experiences with them and they are also local to my property so it was a win-win.

If I were you I would put the JD up on CL nice used tractors are hard to come by and should sell fast.

metro3

Feb 24, 2015
Midland, VA
Again, thanks to all for your replies.

After doing a lot of searching, I have seen way too many posts where folks seem to be having all sorts of issues with the B3350 and the DPF system.

I was really close to pulling the trigger on this tractor but I think I'll hold off and see if Kubota gets the issues worked out in a year or so!