What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

gcmiller

Equipment
B2910, LA402 FEL, Caroni TC-910 91" finish mower, RTV900
Mar 13, 2017
Raleigh, NC
I gave them their annual spring bath. Nothing too fancy, just needed to get all of the yellow pollen off of them. They're stored out of the rain and out of the sun, but nothing escapes the yellow haze we experience down here.

Attachments

greeno

Equipment
B2710 w/LA402 FEL, BL4690 hoe, RB1560, GS1560, Haban 5' sickle bar, 5' JD RC
Jul 14, 2018
Big Lake MN
Haven’t seen the Kubota since November.

Checked to make sure it was still there on Sunday ( it was!).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JeepinMaxx

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2660, LA243 FEL, RCK54P-23BX MMM, BX2751 QH Subframe, BX2750D 50" Blower
Mar 27, 2018
Columbia, CT
I was hoping to wait to put the mower deck on for a few more weeks, but the grass is getting out of hand, so I moved it from the backyard to the driveway to install it tonight

Carry All worked great for moving the pallet I store my MMM on

Had to drop off the Heavy Hitch to get the Carry All on - no fancy HH stand - just a couple cinder blocks! (yes, I know - I need to get the orange paint out!)

I personally don't think the grass is out of hand yet, but my wife does (and she helped fund the BX2660, so she's the boss...)

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Just a word of caution. Cinder blocks will crumble at the least expected time, and someone could be injured. And, having the blocks sideways is the weakest position for them.

shootem604

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L245DT with Kubota (Arps Model 22) FEL and Kubota B/L4520B (Woods 650) BH
Apr 23, 2018
British Columbia
Tore apart my front patio and hauled away the wreckage to the burn pile. After I detached it from the house, I tried lifting it away and broke the weld on my other fork (bolt on type - broke the first one and rewelded it the day after I got them). I'll have to reinforce and reweld it this afternoon.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
Just a word of caution. Cinder blocks will crumble at the least expected time, and someone could be injured. And, having the blocks sideways is the weakest position for them.
PLUS ONE!

I didn't know him ...but now no one else will ever... a small tractor owner used cinder blocks to support his tractor while he worked beneath it. The blocks burst into powder and his wife had the horror of coming home hours later and discovering her husband had suffered a long, torturous death alone.

dlsmith

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2230, LA211
Nov 15, 2018
Goshen, IN
I always cringe when I see concrete blocks oriented that way holding something up. Unfortunately that's the way most uninformed people stack them.
Maybe they don't stop to consider why they are oriented with the holes up when used in a building.

RVS PERF

Equipment
B2601, 54" LP Grapple, 53" Betsco flail, 14' dump trailer
May 8, 2019
North Branch, MN USA
Nothing today as I'm still at work. But recently have been clearing some brush to make room for fencing as well as digging up some unwanted bushes to change some landscaping around the house. Been lurking a while on here and finally joint the group! Thank you all for the advice and knowledge I've gained already that you don't even know you passed along!

shootem604

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L245DT with Kubota (Arps Model 22) FEL and Kubota B/L4520B (Woods 650) BH
Apr 23, 2018
British Columbia
Ripped up some roots from a wild plum that is trying to spread around the whole yard. Backhoe broke 4" roots like nothing!

Beaudeane

Equipment
MX5800, LA1065, BH92, BB72X, RT72.40, EA 60 in grapple, county line auger
Mar 9, 2018
Dalton, Ga

Attachments

Last edited:

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
I got a 12 inch bucket for my backhoe yesterday. Used it today to dig about 600 ft trench 2 ft deep for a neighbor to put in a “bamboo barrier”. The barrier supposed to arrive tomorrow. Rain will keep me from doing the install until next week. This is my first paying job with my equipment. Great to be playing in the dirt and getting paid for it.
http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=42790&stc=1&d=1557454768
One of the worst jobs I ever had to do when I did landscaping was removing a grove of bamboo for a client (they didn't use rhizome barrier). I couldn't believe just how tough bamboo and their roots are. If you ever have to do such a thing, rent a mini-excavator.

NWAZL3560

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, LA805 loader, BH77 backhoe, rock bucket, box blade, pallet forks
Jun 11, 2018
Mesquite, NV
One of the worst jobs I ever had to do when I did landscaping was removing a grove of bamboo for a client (they didn't use rhizome barrier). I couldn't believe just how tough bamboo and their roots are. If you ever have to do such a thing, rent a mini-excavator.
The first job we did with our new tractor was remove a stand of bamboo on our property. The root bed was so tough the tractor tires lifted often. But we did get it out last year and haven't had a sign of bamboo since!

Attachments

dalola

Equipment
BX2380 w/FEL & Woods RM48 RFM, Yazoo/Kees Max2 ZTR
Jun 30, 2017
Ohio
Made quick work of the huge chip pile the tree trimmers just dumped in my driveway! Every spring, I always get a load of chips from some local tree trimmers, and use it as mulch around the property. Before my BX, took several days with wheel barrows and shovels. That was reduced to mere hours with the BX! Scoop, dump, spread, repeat. Just awesome!

I was so excited to get to work,I didn't take any pix, and before I knew it, the pile was gone! :D

Beaudeane

Equipment
MX5800, LA1065, BH92, BB72X, RT72.40, EA 60 in grapple, county line auger
Mar 9, 2018
Dalton, Ga
I didn’t remove the stand if bamboo, cleared the fence line only with the bush hog but they had a forestry mower do the same a year or so ago. Wasn’t that bad really. The roots I dug up and through were tuff when it came time for that. That would be an expensive job for me to price to clear a stand of that stuff. I think it’s bout worse than kudzu or southern revenge as we call it in GA

Toyman

Equipment
B7100HST, 1630, 4' Tiller, 4' Rotary Mower; M4050 (SOLD) Woods Cadet 84
Apr 15, 2019
Pittsburgh
The last few days! B7100 HST got the oil/filter changed, front drive gear box(s) fluid changed, air filter, and greased. I also ordered a 4' toothbar from Titan (palletforks) on Wednesday and got it on Friday. Unpacked and laid it on the bucket to find that the one 'ear' was welded on out of square, left/right and up/down. Anyway, took some pics, emailed Titan and they had a new on its way yesterday along with an RMA for Fedex pickup at my door next Tuesday. Great CS, so so QC, but good tradeoff for the savings IMHO.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Mowed, trimmed and put out bunch of bags of mulch.

Really like the carry-all when loader isn’t on. It’s still my very expensive wheelbarrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk