G5200 How do I bleed injector lines?

DougMatthews

Jun 24, 2016
Duvall, WA
Stamped on block by injector pump: D600.

Putting the freshly tested parts back on (with dielectric grease!).

How does one get the HST drive shaft out? Drop the mower deck and go in from underneath?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
How does one get the HST drive shaft out? Drop the mower deck and go in from underneath?
I highly doubt that the HST is the issue, look at everything else first,
belts, front drive and injectors or GP's.

To turn the motor by hand use the belt on the front of the engine.

Last edited:

Southernfarm

Equipment
2014 BX25D
Jun 8, 2016
Southern MB
Let me first say, I am no mechanic, and I know very little about the kubota tractors, but now that I am an owner, I am learning.

I did have a gas powered lawn tractor though that had bad rings, and developed hydrolock with gasoline into the crankcase. If their is too much oil (when mixed with Diesel, coolant) in the crankcase, it would have too much back pressure and slow the ability to crank the engine. Trying to turn the motor over by hand with injectors out, will point to this as well as other potential problems like bearings and such.

DougMatthews

Jun 24, 2016
Duvall, WA
Loosened the fan belt. Both dynamo and water pump spin nice & smooth. Tightened it back up.

Have not removed glow plugs or injectors yet, but I can turn the engine pretty smoothly by hand (until it gets into the compression stroke).

Re-assembled battery/starter using dielectric grease on connections. Seems to help some. Starter turns engine a bit faster initially (bleeding injectors 'spitting' fuel occasionally now). Starter still gets pretty warm and bogs down quickly.

Will continue fiddling with it. Have a new (new OEM) starter coming tomorrow. Might bring the saga to a close - worst case I have a spare on the shelf.

DougMatthews

Jun 24, 2016
Duvall, WA
So, I got the new starter, and...

you'll have to wait (as will I). Project on hold until after 4th of July holiday. Talk with y'all in a few days. Have a great 4th!

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID

you'll have to wait (as will I). Project on hold until after 4th of July holiday. Talk with y'all in a few days. Have a great 4th!

That's just wrong!!!! :mad:
I'm about to jump in the truck and go fix it myself... ;)
Oh wait your on the other side of Washington... :rolleyes:
Have a good 4th vacation! :D

olthumpa

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L275
May 25, 2011
Maine

:eek: :eek: What are you going to ride on in the 4th of July parade :confused: :confused:

DougMatthews

Jun 24, 2016
Duvall, WA
Bad (brand new) starter was the culprit. Installed a new OEM starter. Boom! Cranked super fast and started almost immediately!

I have suspicions that the old new starter was not the correct part (I had to tap it with a hammer to get it out).

Lessons learned:
  • A brand new starter (that load tests Good) is not necessarily good (or might be the wrong part, even though it looks like exact match).
  • Dielectric grease can make a good connection even better.
  • Orange Tractor Talks ROCKS! :)

Thank you all for sharing of your wisdom and experience! I learned a lot.

/Doug

cviola2005

Jun 8, 2016
Clarkrange, TN, USA
Bad (brand new) starter was the culprit. Installed a new OEM starter. Boom! Cranked super fast and started almost immediately!

I have suspicions that the old new starter was not the correct part (I had to tap it with a hammer to get it out).

Lessons learned:
  • A brand new starter (that load tests Good) is not necessarily good (or might be the wrong part, even though it looks like exact match).
  • Dielectric grease can make a good connection even better.
  • Orange Tractor Talks ROCKS! :)

Thank you all for sharing of your wisdom and experience! I learned a lot.

/Doug

Awesome!! Glad to hear that you got it fixed. Also glad that you reported back as it may help others in the future. Also glad that you learned from the experience!