good news on a B3350

tempforce

Equipment
B2650HSDC
Jun 23, 2012
bastrop, tx
got my tractor back this morning. i topped it off with fuel and moved it a few feet before engaging the mower. a few seconds later hydraulic oil was spraying from the front of the tractor.. called up the dealer, they are coming for it tomorrow. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

this will be trip number 10, since i purchased it in january.
i have yet to finish a job with the tractor...

Last edited:

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Good grief, that's deplorable, that tractor is star crossed. Lemon law?

NEPA Guy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650HSDC, Spacers, FEL, BH, Snowblower, Snowplow, PBar, Forks
Nov 28, 2015
Pennsyltucky
Maybe you should trade down to the 2650 like I did. Use the extra cash for some new implements.

Try getting in touch with your service rep directly if the dealer isn't cooperative.

Took months, many phone calls, a few letters, and a some grey hairs, but it worked for me. Now I'm glad it's over with.

GL

:(

tempforce

Equipment
B2650HSDC
Jun 23, 2012
bastrop, tx
they picked it up this morning, dropped it off this afternoon all fixed. i put over 4 hours on it, this afternoon..
apparently the previous dealers service department messed up a fitting in the hydraulic line to the cooler.. when i engaged the mower it blew the seal.
new dealers service department had the parts in stock.
very happy to get it back in the same day. i call that real service...
I've got 6 months of work waiting to get done. so i'll be running the tractor quit a bit over the next few months. i'll keep posting updates..:cool:

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Sounds like the previous dealer went out of buisiness for a reason. Either that, or there mechanic new about it, and had a serious case of the "I don't give a cr@@s". Did the new dealer replace the techs or keep them? Or different buisiness and location all together?

OrangeLivin

Sep 9, 2015
Eastern
Wow sorry you've been having so much trouble with that 3350. Keeping my fingers crossed that all the bugs are out and there plenty of happy tractoring in your future! :)

tempforce

Equipment
B2650HSDC
Jun 23, 2012
bastrop, tx
Re: not so good news on a B3350

i'm sure everyone knew about the dealership being sold, except the customers. the company that bought them has several dealerships in the state. they have been very concerned and are trying to resolve my tractors issues.:rolleyes:
they are in the process of coming back for my tractor for the 11th time. this time the service manager is agreeing with me, that the tractor is a lemon. we are waiting to see what kubota is going to do about it..
last nite the tractor went into auto regen. after a hour plus a red light came on with a alarm. so i shut the engine down. this morning i started it, to move it for loading. it went into a regen right away. it took me about 45 mins. to clear out my stuff and disconnect the tiller it still hadn't finished a regen. i shut down the engine to take care of some fittings. then restarted and tried a parked regen. the system wouldn't turn on.
so the tractor is returning to kubota, one way or another...:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

it's almost the 4th of july. i can picture a war movie with a scene of a tank blowing up. metal flying all over killing zombies or aliens.... :D

tempforce

Equipment
B2650HSDC
Jun 23, 2012
bastrop, tx
another update

yesterday the kubota factory rep and the new dealerships master mechanic visited. worked on KT2 for over 2 hours. this morning KT2 was picked up. the head mechanic, service manager and kubota district service rep. all agree with me that kubota should replace my tractor. my unit was one of the early ones. i guess all of the current production B3350's are trouble free. still have me worried if my tractor is replaced with the same model. the factory rep and lead mechanic looked at my equipment, some which was purchased while owning a L3200. says the B2650 may be borderline with some of my implements. asked me about going up to a grand L3200 with a cab. so i could use my MM Mower. told them why i wanted to stay with the B's. so we will see what happens in a few days. a B2650 and a check or credit on my loan, a new B3350 or my tractor is fixed, with a guaranty that if it gives any more trouble, they will swap it for a new B3350 as a replacement. they should give me credit $$$ :rolleyes:for all of the headache i've put up with...

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Tempforce, my gut level feeling (with absolutely no data to support it) is that you are in an optimal position now to lobby for a new and different model, and that fooling around with either your current tractor or a different newer B3350 will only give you ulcers. I'd like to know exactly what is different in current production 3350's from the early ones. If it isn't an entirely different engine design and regen strategy, I think it is too soon to tell if they are "trouble free".

As for which different model, B2650 or did you mean grand L 3560? that would depend on uses. Tally up the replacement costs for different implements, and maybe the dealer can help you out with replacements if needed. The 3560's are nice, but are awfully big if you are considering lawn mowing in tight spaces. But it sounds like they would be glad to see you happy and to have problem solved one way or another, so if you are clear what that would take they might go for it.

Best wishes, and thanks for keeping us in the loop!

tempforce

Equipment
B2650HSDC
Jun 23, 2012
bastrop, tx
the grand L would be too large for my current use of a tractor.
so i'm leaning toward a B2650 and just pull the oversized tiller and plow slower. no more particulate filter junk.. also they should credit my account for the difference in price between the B3350 and the B2650 units.

MadMax31

Equipment
BX23S, 60" MMM
Nov 5, 2014
New York
I stopped by this thread for an update...

My big question is, why does it regen sooooo often? My coworker has a Massey 1734e and in 52 hrs its gone into regen once. It sounds like the soot sensor is tripping early and as mentioned in other threads, its a completly different DPF than the L models that have seemed to be trouble free.

If they will swap for 2650 get in writing you can use all your implements no impact on warranty...

tempforce

Equipment
B2650HSDC
Jun 23, 2012
bastrop, tx
Friday, i received a phone call from the new dealerships service manager. they found one or two bad sensors and another item wacky with the tractor. (my words)... they will call me next week to come and sign some papers for a trade down to a B2650 HST with a cab. equipped just like my B3350. credit for all of the payments i've made and the difference in purchase price. to be credited on my new account. my radio swapped into the new tractor or a radio with the same features installed. (blue tooth, usb and hd radio) 3rd function and my framework for my backhoe installed.. i think they need to attach my backhoe to ensure the bolts are located properly..????.... they are going to throw in a complete window tinting. to seal the deal.
:cool:
the only thing they said about my equipment, i would have to take it slower when pulling the plow and tiller.
(note to self, have them raise hydraulic pressure to max safe limit to give backhoe some power...)....

Last edited:

tempforce

Equipment
B2650HSDC
Jun 23, 2012
bastrop, tx
kubota corporate gave my new dealership a stop work order on my B3350 hsdc. the service manager said that he expects a call monday on what kubota is going to do..

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
kubota corporate gave my new dealership a stop work order on my B3350 hsdc. the service manager said that he expects a call monday on what kubota is going to do..
I'm rooting for ya buddy. Good luck, and hoping for a positive outcome :D

NEPA Guy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650HSDC, Spacers, FEL, BH, Snowblower, Snowplow, PBar, Forks
Nov 28, 2015
Pennsyltucky
Friday, i received a phone call from the new dealerships service manager. they found one or two bad sensors and another item wacky with the tractor. (my words)... they will call me next week to come and sign some papers for a trade down to a B2650 HST with a cab. equipped just like my B3350. credit for all of the payments i've made and the difference in purchase price. to be credited on my new account. my radio swapped into the new tractor or a radio with the same features installed. (blue tooth, usb and hd radio) 3rd function and my framework for my backhoe installed.. i think they need to attach my backhoe to ensure the bolts are located properly..????.... they are going to throw in a complete window tinting. to seal the deal.
the only thing they said about my equipment, i would have to take it slower when pulling the plow and tiller.
(note to self, have them raise hydraulic pressure to max safe limit to give backhoe some power...)....
They had my backhoe already when they swapped mine out so I'm not sure about "bolts being located properly" but since the FEL wasn't attached when they did the swap they had to send a mechanic over to detach the snow blower, attach the FEL and then bolt and torque it to the frame i think? Maybe a similar process.

I always thought the hydraulic pressure was the same on the two models and the BH77 would perform just as well on the 2650?

Despite the minor loss of HP, I think you made the right choice. To blazes with the DPF!

When they swapped mine, they reset the warranty on the implements I bought with the machine. I only had it for 7 months and it sat in the shop a total of 4, certainly worth asking for.

tiredguy

Equipment
B3030 HSTC,B2781 51" front mounted snowblower,60" MMM
Jan 21, 2010
northern lower Michigan
If the dealership does swap the lemon out for the 2650 as this says that is
about as awesome as a dealer can get in trying to take care of you as a
customer. I've got a B3030 that should last as long as I do with what I've
seen with Kubota's others have. A friend of mine bought a 2650 to avoid
the nightmare that you've certainly been living to avoid that problem and is
very happy with how it's worked for him so far.
Al

VictimOfCaliforniaDems

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3350
Jul 6, 2017
Northern CA CalifornUtopia USA
Re: remove that smile... still not getting yard work done...

Tempforce: Thank you, again for offering your experiences. Very valuable. As you know, 1 hour means it ain't working. Same for us. Repaired on a 2017. The law is the issue, of course, but Californians continue to vote Liberal and can't seem to understand the consequences to the poor or ag in California. So, Kubota has been confused and we pay for it.