good news on a B3350

tempforce

Equipment
B2650HSDC
Jun 23, 2012
bastrop, tx
after a long wait, many calls. also waiting on parts. my new tractor has returned home. with a new wiring harness, new computer, new software, new alternator and a few sensors.. i've put over 20 hours on it this week. not a single problem.
i will post again after it passes the 100th hr of service..
finally a happy owner of a B3350.

tempforce

Equipment
B2650HSDC
Jun 23, 2012
bastrop, tx
remove that smile... still not getting yard work done...

i regrettably need to report that my B3350 is still having regen issues.
it now auto regen's 2-3 times before the auto regen feature quits working. between a computer diagnostic that shows nothing wrong.
dealership told me i shouldn't be depressing the auto regen button after all of the new software upgrades. it just went through an auto regen an hour before parking overnite. the next morning i didn't use the the auto regen button. a few minutes of digging a stump. i hear a alarm and see the parked regen indicator flashing. so i idle down and depress the parked regen.
it goes through a high engine speed cycle then returns to idle. the parked regen light is out and the normal regen indicator is on solid. tractor just sits there idling.... the software didn't release control of the throttle. so i disengaged the brake and moved the throttle. the normal regen indicator goes out and the parked indicator/switch goes out. the flashing parked regen alarm light is illuminated again. so i depress the parked regen switch again, which starts another regen, including the high speed cycle. tractor returns to idle and just idles again. i sat there over a half hour waiting for the regen light to go out.. tractor is parked by the stump.. waiting for the dealer to come get it again.. the dealer has had my tractor 5 times longer than i've had it...

shredhawk

Equipment
B3350 tractor,snowblower, bucket
Jan 26, 2015
Ohio, USA
I feel the pain

I also have a 3350. same problems as yours. same regen problems and the dealer has it more than I do Thinking about the lemon law real seriously. those people had no right releasing this god awful tractor on us without checking things out.

Grandad4

Equipment
1949 Farmall M, previously owned: L 4610, BX 2230
Apr 5, 2016
Greensboro, NC
Very sorry to hear that such problems continue. Sounds like a complex fix that puts a lot on the dealer's back. Hope Kub steps up and takes care of owners (and dealers) with such problems.

Sharryn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
'15 B3350, LA534A Loader, Land Pride RTA1258 Tiller, BH77 Backhoe, Forks
Aug 31, 2015
Alexandria, PA USA
What year is your 3350? I just purchased mine in September of last year and yesterday started having regen problems. It's sitting in the shed while I try to find out what I can do. And of course it's a holiday weekend so no dealer open. And I have a big hole in my yard where I pulled a stump and can't get it filled in without a tractor.

Sure hope Kubota deals with this issue because I'm getting ready to unload it and get something reliable.

Deuce

Equipment
2016 B2650, 1977 B7100
Aug 8, 2015
New Jersey
So whos gonna make the first DPF Delete kit with programmer?
I hope someone does because I'm starting to tractor shop and it looks like I'm staying Orange. Wanted to go with the 3350, but with all the horror stories I'm keeping the 2650 at the top of my list.

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
So whos gonna make the first DPF Delete kit with programmer?
Never going to happen. Federal law dictates T4 emissions on these engines.
Fine is a maximum of $37,500.00 per device, $3,750. per day for time installed and five years in prison.

rookiefarmer

Equipment
1972 L260
Nov 1, 2011
Colfax, IN
Fine is a maximum of $37,500.00 per device, $3,750. per day for time installed and five years in prison.
Except I haven't heard of any of the tens of thousands of people that bought deletes for their diesel pickup trucks. Or the hundreds of thousands of people that took the emission crap off of their older car engines. I just dnot see it being as much of an issue

tempforce

Equipment
B2650HSDC
Jun 23, 2012
bastrop, tx
I'm sure the EPA will come to farms and home plots to verify the tractors still have their mandated equipment in place and working. it's not like they can do yearly inspections, like on highway vehicles. the only time most tractors end up at dealer repair shops, are for new tractor service or major repairs. which are usually covered by insurance. older tractors usually are owner serviced and repaired. so a particulate filter delete would most likely never be found on a tractor. unless used in a stock yard, fair grounds or public entity.
ps: i had my tractor for a week this time, before needing returned for a regen light failure.. again.. this make 8-9 trips since purchased this january 2016...

MadMax31

Equipment
BX23S, 60" MMM
Nov 5, 2014
New York
Nah, all bluster. Smarty got fined and had to offer, for free, re-installing the DPF on thousands of 3/4-1 ton trucks. No customer took them up on the offer. Here in NY- land of Emperor Coumo, we have to fool the computer to pass emissions, i did for 3 years before down sizing truck.

Me and 3 co-workers rewrote Ford code on our ecoboost vans and got rid of the 75 mph limit, and allow boosted launches. Pretty sure somebody will figure out Kubota language and jerry rig a DPF delete after warranty runs out.

MadMax31

Equipment
BX23S, 60" MMM
Nov 5, 2014
New York
I'm sure the EPA will come to farms and home plots to verify the tractors still have their mandated equipment in place and working. it's not like they can do yearly inspections, like on highway vehicles. the only time most tractors end up at dealer repair shops, are for new tractor service or major repairs. which are usually covered by insurance. older tractors usually are owner serviced and repaired. so a particulate filter delete would most likely never be found on a tractor. unless used in a stock yard, fair grounds or public entity.
ps: i had my tractor for a week this time, before needing returned for a regen light failure.. again.. this make 8-9 trips since purchased this january 2016...

Ouch, I was looking at getting the L3301, but I really don't want any part of Tier4. Just gonna keep looking for a low hour used L32-3800.

Hopefully your dealer is decent to work with. Wonder if they would loan you a different machine while yours is down....

Mike9

Equipment
Kubota B6200
Oct 9, 2015
Ghent, NY
Has the term "class action suit" been mentioned? That might light a fire under someone's ass.

tempforce

Equipment
B2650HSDC
Jun 23, 2012
bastrop, tx
madmax the L series is having virtual no issues. only the B3350's...

the different tractors, use different systems.

the B engines don't make much heat in the exhaust, that's where they are having problems...
my original issue of no regen... has been fixed.. the new issue is the auto regen pushbutton quits working after 10-20 hrs of use. this is the third trip for that issue..

the big difference is that every unit with a particulate filter except the 'B' uses delta-P sensor(s) in their regen particulate filter system..

the 'B' uses a high frequency sound detection system... when the frequency changes due to particulate build up. the system triggers a regen.

i'm thinking a simple baffle system could work to create a small frequency difference, that might fool the system. having the sending probe at one end of the muffler and the sensor at the other end.
still get the great combustion, without the extra fuel being wasted on regen's and no more super hot exhaust..

tempforce

Equipment
B2650HSDC
Jun 23, 2012
bastrop, tx
update,
the new owners of the dealership. went over all of the warranty records with me for my B3350.
between our discussion and the paper trail, they figured out that the auto regen pushbutton, was not replaced with a regen inhibit switch, when the computer and wiring harness was replaced.

my tractor is working properly again. the shop is running it for a few days, before bringing it home. hopefully this will be the last visit for the epa equipment problems..

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
update,
the new owners of the dealership. went over all of the warranty records with me for my B3350.
between our discussion and the paper trail, they figured out that the auto regen pushbutton, was not replaced with a regen inhibit switch, when the computer and wiring harness was replaced.

my tractor is working properly again. the shop is running it for a few days, before bringing it home. hopefully this will be the last visit for the epa equipment problems..
My hats off to you and to your New Dealer too! ;)
It takes a lot to put up with so many issues!
I hope this is the end of your problems and you can just enjoy using it! :D

MadMax31

Equipment
BX23S, 60" MMM
Nov 5, 2014
New York
All that because of a bum switch? Dang...

I have been looking around and the L machines have very few issues with Regen. I agree the B series produce less exhaust heat, mine barely comes off cold even after mowing for hours.

tempforce

Equipment
B2650HSDC
Jun 23, 2012
bastrop, tx
the switch was supposed to be replaced, when they installed the new computer.. an oversite by the technicians. i'll be glad when i don't have any further problems..