Go Back   OrangeTractorTalks - Everything Kubota > Kubota Classifieds > Buy, Sell & Trade

Buy, Sell & Trade Got a part or equipment for sale? Looking for something in particular? Post an ad!

Old 12-28-2016   #1
Kubota Tuner
1st Yr. Apprentice

Default DPF Issues?

Having DPF Issues? I can help. Please send PM. I will need a picture of your ecm!

Thanks everyone!

Company Info now that they are vendors

http://www.ebay.com/usr/peakenginepe...p2047675.l2559

Last edited by coachgeo; 01-07-2017 at 10:35 AM.
Kubota Tuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links  
Advertisement
Old 12-28-2016   #2
coachgeo
Journeyman

Equipment: L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Default Re: DPF Issues?

more info please
Old 12-29-2016   #3
Kubota Tuner
1st Yr. Apprentice

I sent this as a private message as well. But I will explain on the open forum also...

Basically what I've been doing so far is SVL series and M series kubotas. They have a Denso computer, 27500-1201 hardware. The cover of the ecm has 4 screws. Pretty much any kubota with this ecm I am able to program to bypass dpf and egr. You can completely remove the dpf can and unplug all sensors. No more regen(burn) or derates/shutdowns. Depending on soot load when programmed you may have a dpf light on. But will not effect performance. If you are able to clear soot load after the ecm is programmed from the dealer or diagnostic software the light will go out and will not come back on. Other than that, no issues. And not all machines will get a light on. The SVL and M series are fully tested and are very successful.
Unfortunately from what I've seen so far the B series uses a smaller ecm and a sealed back cover. I haven't found a way to access these ecms yet. but some b series may use another style ecm. That's why I always ask the customer to send pictures of the ecm so we know what we are working with. There may be other ecm styles or variations I'm not familiar with, but once I get the picture I can research and it may be possible to program it after all. It just takes a few minutes to run the hardware numbers.

I hope this helps with any questions you or other people may have. Please feel free to contact me if you have any concerns!

Thanks!
Old 12-29-2016   #4
lescarpentier
1st Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: B3350

I believe that the 3350 is the only tractor in the B series to use an ECM.
lescarpentier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016   #5
North Idaho Wolfman

VIP Service Tech

Equipment: L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat, and more

Is this a hobby or do you have a business doing this?

Wouldn't doing this kill any warranty?

How many failed programming / altering attempts have you had?
Old 12-29-2016   #6
Kubota Tuner
1st Yr. Apprentice

Hey Thanks for the info. The 3350 seems to be what people are always asking about.

I run a tuning company in Canada. We do many makes and models of tractor and truck tuning. Currently as far as I know we are the only company offering Kubota dpf and egr deletes. Any other advertising is one of our dealers/re-sellers. If you would like more info or a link to the website I will gladly send over PM. I don't want to post links on the board.

I have had zero failed ecms. When developing a tune there is always a process to perfect the file to work out any issues. But that is done before the product is being sold. The actual process of flashing the ecm is low risk, and I haven't had any issues.

As for warranty, depending on your dealer, and how they feel about it, will obviously be the determining factor whether it voids your warranty or not. Some machines are out of warranty, or due to so many issues the owner doesn't care anymore because it spends more time getting warranty then working. But please talk to your dealer first if you are concerned about warranty. But I do deal with many dealers in Canada that actually want this done to help there customers.

Thanks!

Last edited by Kubota Tuner; 12-29-2016 at 12:09 PM.
Old 12-30-2016   #7
North Idaho Wolfman

VIP Service Tech

Equipment: L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat, and more

So does someone send you their ECM and you flash it, then return it?
Old 12-30-2016   #8
lescarpentier
1st Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: B3350

For what it's worth the Kubota 3990 front mount mower uses the same engine and ECM as the B3350.Owners of these are having the same problems as the B3350 tractor owners.
lescarpentier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016   #9
Kubota Tuner
1st Yr. Apprentice

Exactly Wolfman. Turn around time is usually the very next morning. So for example if I receive the ecm on Tuesday. It gets shipped back Fedex Priority wednesday morning. You will have your ecm by Thursday morning. We are a small company, our product and customer service are the most important things to us. And we don't mess around with downtime.

I'm always working on new solutions for different ecms. Hopefully the B series will be next. The biggest obstacle is the read and write process. Once we can get a file out of and back into the ecm successfully. We usually are good to go shortly after that.

I appreciate all the info. Anything you guys can help me with is greatly welcomed. I'm also a journeyman mechanic. Fully licensed Truck and Heavy Equipment. I will gladly help members out with technical questions as well if needed.

Thanks!
Old 01-04-2017   #10
pcnesdad

Equipment: 2016 B3350

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubota Tuner View Post
I sent this as a private message as well. But I will explain on the open forum also...

Basically what I've been doing so far is SVL series and M series kubotas. They have a Denso computer, 27500-1201 hardware. The cover of the ecm has 4 screws. Pretty much any kubota with this ecm I am able to program to bypass dpf and egr. You can completely remove the dpf can and unplug all sensors. No more regen(burn) or derates/shutdowns. Depending on soot load when programmed you may have a dpf light on. But will not effect performance. If you are able to clear soot load after the ecm is programmed from the dealer or diagnostic software the light will go out and will not come back on. Other than that, no issues. And not all machines will get a light on. The SVL and M series are fully tested and are very successful.
Unfortunately from what I've seen so far the B series uses a smaller ecm and a sealed back cover. I haven't found a way to access these ecms yet. but some b series may use another style ecm. That's why I always ask the customer to send pictures of the ecm so we know what we are working with. There may be other ecm styles or variations I'm not familiar with, but once I get the picture I can research and it may be possible to program it after all. It just takes a few minutes to run the hardware numbers.

I hope this helps with any questions you or other people may have. Please feel free to contact me if you have any concerns!

Thanks!

Hi Kubota tuner. Would you please send me the link to your site? I have a B3350 with 60hrs on it, and is now in the shop due to DPF/regen issue... did everything by the book and still had problems. Very frustrating...
Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
pcnesdad is offline   Reply With Quote