Go Back   OrangeTractorTalks - Everything Kubota > Kubota Classifieds > Buy, Sell & Trade

Buy, Sell & Trade Got a part or equipment for sale? Looking for something in particular? Post an ad!

Old 10-24-2016   #1
Toneloc

1st Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: 2013 - BX25D
Default Bx Series - Inner tie rod replacement boots

Hi Guys:

I'm working on starting up a Youtube channel working on Kubota tractors and possibly some other content down the road.

I completed my first video last week and wanted to post it here.

My first video is on the inner tie rod boot replacement; an issue I see posted about here quite a bit.

Full disclaimer: I have sourced improved replacement boots and am trying to also start up an ebay store to sell a kit to replace.

I do have a few other videos in the works on other items that I will not be selling.

Hopefully forum rules allow the posting of this video.

If this is a problem, I apologize in advance and can pull down the video.

Thanks ahead, and I hope this video is helpful to some, regardless if you purchase any products from me...

Any constructive criticism / suggestions are welcome.

Ebay Link:

Link to OTT Ebay Discount $19.95 per set

Thanks,
Tony

Last edited by Toneloc; 12-07-2016 at 06:36 AM. Reason: update to embed video
Toneloc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links  
Advertisement
Old 10-24-2016   #2
TripleR
Journeyman

Equipment: BX2200, BX2660, L5740 HSTC, M8540HDC and some other tractors and equipment
Default Re: Bx Series - Inner tied rod boot replacement

Good video, my brother just replaced mine with Kubota oots, may well go with these the next time.
TripleR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016   #3
armylifer
3rd Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315

I replaced mine using an old bicycle inner tube. I cut two pieces about 7" long and slipped them over the tie rod ends (after greasing the tie rods). It works great and is a very inexpensive fix.

Read the manual.
armylifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016   #4
Southernfarm
2nd Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: 2014 BX25D

ebay seller mpp2015 sells them on ebay. I purchased them from him, based on recommendation from Paul Short aka Wildfire here. Just an FYI. This was of course before I read on the bicycle tube mod. mpp2015 sent them to me in Canada, no problems. Invoice in the box. Not trying to rain on anyone's parade. Like the video you made. Just pointing out the competition.

Last edited by Southernfarm; 10-26-2016 at 03:39 PM.
Southernfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016   #5
Toneloc

1st Yr. Apprentice

I come from humble means, so I can definitely appreciate a low cost, diy solution.

There are probably a lot of Kubota users and environments where a bike innertube would work just fine. I think that's a great homebrew fix.

I am also a big Paul Short fan. He has amazing talent and good humor too. I have watched a lot of his videos.

I have an engineering background and really enjoy working on mechanical things. Cars, boats, archery, tractors, mowers etc.

My goal was to bring a solution for this problem to market that was inspired from the automotive industry.

Take a look under your car or truck and see what the inner tie rod boot looks like. It's a bellow / accordion style boot.

The boots I sell are made from Polyurethane material, which is the best material for this application. It will outlast rubber.

They are held in place by UV resistant, top quality, Made in the USA zip ties. Pulling the zip ties tight, will result in a sealed boot.

I can fully appreciate there is more than one way to solve this issue. The other boots you reference on ebay leave the large end open, to eliminate the boot from flexing, which will allow it to last a lot longer. As long as it is kept greased, I'm sure that solution will work well.

The solution I offer is a little different, and I think offers some advantages, but again I can appreciate both will work well.

Like I said in my original post, I was aiming to provide a helpful video and I hope to create some other helpful videos in the future.

Also, I'm new to this whole thing, so I haven't figured out what is involved to sell to Canada, or internationally, but hopefully will able to do so in the future.

Last edited by Toneloc; 10-27-2016 at 04:34 PM.
Old 10-26-2016   #6
tcrote5516
3rd Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: BX1860, FEL, 50" Front Blower, Heated Cab, 5' blade, 3pt carry all, 3pt hitch

To be honest, I just replaced mine with the ones on ebay and I'm not impressed. I don't believe it offers much protection at all. I thought it would be a tighter fit but it's pretty loose on the ball end and that's a problem when it comes to dirt and moisture which because of the joints location is a constant issue.

I'm a buyer for a better designed boot for a fair price so open the store!
tcrote5516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016   #7
Toneloc

1st Yr. Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcrote5516 View Post
To be honest, I just replaced mine with the ones on ebay and I'm not impressed. I don't believe it offers much protection at all. I thought it would be a tighter fit but it's pretty loose on the ball end and that's a problem when it comes to dirt and moisture which because of the joints location is a constant issue.

I'm a buyer for a better designed boot for a fair price so open the store!
Here is the link to my ebay listing:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kubota-BX-18...YAAOSw44BYD5wY
Old 10-27-2016   #8
TripleR
Journeyman

Equipment: BX2200, BX2660, L5740 HSTC, M8540HDC and some other tractors and equipment

Thanks for the link, I have 2 BXs and I'm sure I'll need some in the future.
TripleR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016   #9
Ramos
2nd Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: 1870-1, LA203A, RCK54

Looks like a better design, made out of better material as far as I can tell. I am assuming, of course, that the fit is good as well. We purchased a new BX this Spring and now have 85 hours on it. No boot problems yet. However, I don't plan on replacing them with OEM due to the short service life that is widely reported. This looks like a 'better mouse trap' to me. For $25.00, I may just may order a set and sit on them until needed.

We also have a RTV1100, sure would like to find better CV joint boots for it. Hint, hint....
Ramos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016   #10
85Hokie

Master Tech

Equipment: BX-25D Filled Rears,Bro Tek Spacers,Piranha Tooth Bar-90'&'92 B7100HST

Quote:
Originally Posted by armylifer View Post
I replaced mine using an old bicycle inner tube. I cut two pieces about 7" long and slipped them over the tie rod ends (after greasing the tie rods). It works great and is a very inexpensive fix.

I did the same thing, old inner tube, zip ties, and if'n they fall off - cut them off and replace! LOOKS like sh...... but works!
85Hokie is offline   Reply With Quote