Shifting problem

Firefightingdude21

Equipment
Lt3000
Aug 29, 2015
Usa
So tonight I decided to change and service my tractor. Tractor is a lt3000? There has always been a safety issue while starting. Always had to hold the shifter for high low range in just the right spot. After servicing I fired the tractor up and down the road I went to the barn. Got off tractor while running at the barn to open the door. When getting back into the tractor I attempted to put the tractor in low range to back it in. Nothing. The handle just flops around freely. I shut the tractor off to investigate and found nothing. Trying to restart the tractor was the same as any other time, move the lever in just the right spot and it fired. After looking around for about an hour I gave up. Is this something internally in the rear end? Anyone else ever had the same issue? Please help!

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
I had the same problem with the safety switch but not the shifter itself. I did away with the safety switch, it would never stay in adjustment.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
So tonight I decided to change and service my tractor. Tractor is a lt3000? There has always been a safety issue while starting. Always had to hold the shifter for high low range in just the right spot. After servicing I fired the tractor up and down the road I went to the barn. Got off tractor while running at the barn to open the door. When getting back into the tractor I attempted to put the tractor in low range to back it in. Nothing. The handle just flops around freely. I shut the tractor off to investigate and found nothing. Trying to restart the tractor was the same as any other time, move the lever in just the right spot and it fired. After looking around for about an hour I gave up. Is this something internally in the rear end? Anyone else ever had the same issue? Please help!

Sounds like a linkage part came undone - recheck and follow the entire pathway - betcha you'll find something that has come loose.:)