front end loader problem on bx 2670

papax3

Equipment
bx 2670
Aug 22, 2015
somewhere, ohio
my new bx 2670-1 front end loader has no power I'm tring to pull up old grape posts and wont do it my old sc2400 yanmar pulls with no problem I have to use full power to get fel to work at all is something wrong or is that just the the way it is my older sc 2400 fel worked at idle to 1200 rpms the new bx 2670-1 you have to fev to 2500 to lift not happy

mudog88

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1982 B7100HST-DT, RC60-71H MMM, 5ft. back blade
Aug 11, 2015
Pine Village, Indiana
I'm not a tractor expert, but I've worked with hydraulics for a while. I'd guess there's air in the system, fluid level is low, or there's a leak allowing air into the system. Let us know your findings.

papax3

Equipment
bx 2670
Aug 22, 2015
somewhere, ohio
I'm not a tractor expert, but I've worked with hydraulics for a while. I'd guess there's air in the system, fluid level is low, or there's a leak allowing air into the system. Let us know your findings.
no leaks new tractor 12 hrs. going to talk to dealer today & see what he has to say his mechanic was here Friday and said he saw nothing wrong but if you cant use the bucket when moving what good is it

jay2

Jun 30, 2015
kington, ohio
My 2670 FEL moves slow unless I bump up the RPM's. I didn't give it much thought, until now. I just assumed if I wanted it faster I had to speed up RPM's. It would be nice if we didn't.

papax3

Equipment
bx 2670
Aug 22, 2015
somewhere, ohio
My 2670 FEL moves slow unless I bump up the RPM's. I didn't give it much thought, until now. I just assumed if I wanted it faster I had to speed up RPM's. It would be nice if we didn't.
dealer is picking it up will let all know the out come

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Sometimes posts are hard to pull out. I've had the rear tires off the ground trying to pull "T" post up and some I never did get out.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Sometimes posts are hard to pull out. I've had the rear tires off the ground trying to pull "T" post up and some I never did get out.
Yup, had similar luck with steal posts :rolleyes: Sometimes the best cure for a stubborn one is a cordless sawzall and a sledge hammer :D

papax3

Equipment
bx 2670
Aug 22, 2015
somewhere, ohio
my tractor is coming back in the morning I was told that they found a week pressure valve and repaired it hope this takes care of the problem will all know:rolleyes:

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
my tractor is coming back in the morning I was told that they found a week pressure valve and repaired it hope this takes care of the problem will all know:rolleyes:

After you get it back......and you STILL find it a smidge under powered.....

reach for the magic washer.......turn up the hydraulics from 1725 psi to 2000 psi.....

you WILL SEE a difference!

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Magic washer????,,, Common hokie I heared of magic mushrooms but a magic washer?

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Magic washer????,,, Common hokie I heared of magic mushrooms but a magic washer?

well skeets ........shrooms .....wwashers ....same thing - right?:)
One will turn your hydraulics up and the other will turn your imagination up! Not sure I would use them in combination!:eek::D:)

papax3

Equipment
bx 2670
Aug 22, 2015
somewhere, ohio
my fel is still is not working right I put bucket flat on the ground and try to roll bucket forward and it wont work or I put bucket edge on the ground and try to roll back and nothing happens I can put rpms up to max and you can not roll bucket back like you would if you wanted bucket yourself out of mud anyone having this problem on there Bx2670 :confused::confused:

Pepsiboy

Equipment
BX2350D, FEL, MMM, Rear tiller
Oct 3, 2014
Shell Knob, Mo
my fel is still is not working right I put bucket flat on the ground and try to roll bucket forward and it wont work or I put bucket edge on the ground and try to roll back and nothing happens I can put rpms up to max and you can not roll bucket back like you would if you wanted bucket yourself out of mud anyone having this problem on there Bx2670 :confused::confused:
papax3,

My BX2350 acts the same way. I have to be at 2,500 rpm or higher to get good work out of the hydraulics. From what I have read in other threads, it is a common deal with the BX series. I haven't done the washer trick, YET. Will probably do it next week when I get a big load of shot rock in for my next rock project.

Dave

Grouse Feathers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370, FEL, Snowblower-BX5455, Homebuilt Forks, LP RB1560, LP GS1548
Feb 16, 2015
Lovells, Mi
Hydraulic pumps are positive displacement. Regardless of pressure each revolution of the pump moves the same volume of hydraulic fluid. The pump on the BXxx70s is rated at 6.2 gallons at the rated engine speed of 3200 rpm. At 1600 rpm the pump will only be pumping 3.1 gallons and at 2400 rpm the capacity will be 4.6 gallons. At the lower rpms the hydraulic response will be noticeably slower. When you want precision in your hydraulic movements you slow down the engine, when you want power or fast movements you increase the engine speed. Regardless of the engine speed its a BX it will never have the hydraulic capacity of a B or larger tractor

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Put the HST in neutral (and not the clutch) and try again!

Your loader and very few can out do the transmission. ;)

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Wolfman has it, hst with no foot on pedals or stopped will not move. Its very much like a brake. I will stop on a slope no problem.
While unstucking yourself you usually apply power to drive wheels to get moving.

My hopeless pathetic cockshutt will usually push itself out-backwards only.

papax3

Equipment
bx 2670
Aug 22, 2015
somewhere, ohio
Wolfman has it, hst with no foot on pedals or stopped will not move. Its very much like a brake. I will stop on a slope no problem.
While unstucking yourself you usually apply power to drive wheels to get moving.

My hopeless pathetic cockshutt will usually push itself out-backwards only.
dealer to pickup tomorrow if he cant fix problem I'm going to get my money back and get a tractor that will do what I need it to do went to all of there of the other tractor dealers and found that all will do what this Kubota wont do I made a bad decision when I got this tractor I hope I don't have to live with it as all 2670 tractors act the same way I wish I would have tested it before getting it home and assuming that the fel worked the same as all the rest of the tractors on the market :confused: :(

Last edited:

CountryBumkin

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370 w/LA243, Bucket, Grapple, QA Pallet Forks, 60" MMM, rear blade & rake
Sep 27, 2015
Central FL
my new bx 2670-1 front end loader has no power I'm tring to pull up old grape posts and wont do it my old sc2400 yanmar pulls with no problem I have to use full power to get fel to work at all is something wrong or is that just the the way it is my older sc 2400 fel worked at idle to 1200 rpms the new bx 2670-1 you have to fev to 2500 to lift not happy
Keep in mind that these "newer" Tier 4 emissions engines are designed to run at a higher rpm. It's better for the engine to keep rpms up. Also the hydraulic pump has a "priority valve" to ensure pressure is available for the power steering so you need to have enough RPM to overcome priority valve.

Lastly, it has been reported that some of these tractors have pressure relief valve setting up to 10% under the minimum spec. Your Dealer should test this. Others have added shims (the "magic washers") to the pressure relief to bump pressure to max (or maybe a little over max) and have reported very successful results.