Kubota 323 black mower height control

Meadowpond

Equipment
Kubota ZD 323 mower
Aug 30, 2015
Ray, MI.
I cannot move the black mower height knob on the right side of deck.
Since new, I've mowed at 2 3/4 height. I now wish to raise it and can't. I removed the large knob (won't turn), used a lock wrench on the stem and it fails to move.
I can see where it barely moves a ~ 4 " circular notched gear, but all I can do is wiggle the frozen gear about 1/8"
Any easy fix?

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
I cannot move the black mower height knob on the right side of deck.
Since new, I've mowed at 2 3/4 height. I now wish to raise it and can't. I removed the large knob (won't turn), used a lock wrench on the stem and it fails to move.
I can see where it barely moves a ~ 4 " circular notched gear, but all I can do is wiggle the frozen gear about 1/8"
Any easy fix?
PB Blaster spray occasionally for next couple days. If you have an air gun you can rattle the area with... say an air chisel on a block of something against the knob (to protect the knob but still send vibrations thru it). This should help a good bit.

If no air gun.... then a hammer to tap on things to create vibration. Also sometimes it works better to tighten some to break loose rust then loosen. May have to work it both directions back and forth as you work it loose.

If that does not work you may have to resort to heat.

Last edited:

Meadowpond

Equipment
Kubota ZD 323 mower
Aug 30, 2015
Ray, MI.
Found out (after 1+ hrs) that adjustment only moves with mower deck in up position. Manual never sez to do this. No idea why this happens.
Weird, but problem solved.
Thanks for the response.