What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

Skip44

Equipment
Jeeps, L2900, FEL, tiller, brush hog,post hole drill, rock rake
Feb 19, 2014
Alexander, Maine
I finally got all my lights replaced on my L2900. I have already posted about the tail lights, last night I replaced the head light assembly. I was too tired to grab my phone for pictures so I'll get some latter. The lights work great, I had put some aftermarket lights on but they didn't work very well.

Skip

Chew

Aug 5, 2014
Centerville, Tx
Used the L3400 to clear and sort of level a pad for my cool new shed/smokehouse/storm shelter. This is a Union Pacific signal shack. All galvanized stainless. Well over 3000 lbs.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440517909.513643.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440517920.293096.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440517928.679451.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440517938.316076.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440517949.332505.jpg

bmblank

Equipment
2020 L3901HST, LA525 Loader, 66" Q/A Bucket, PFL2042 Forks, Meteor SB68PT Blower
Mar 4, 2015
Cadillac, MI
There must be a reason it's way back in the trees concealed by brush... :)

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
TexasBoy, do you get the sand from a location on your property, or have it trucked in?

Just wondering because it looks like there is a pile, like it was dumped. But you're spreading in to the perimeter. Truck driver couldn't help spread??

TexasBoy

Equipment
Kubota M7060 HDC12 & L4600DT
Dec 11, 2013
Central Texas
Wow you keep your wife in a round pen, brave man :D.... lol..... am jealous you have a nice looking spread there TexasBoy....... and a nice shiny Kubota.
Hardy har-har Mr. Unknown Comic....... ;)

She's been working with the bay gelding and needed some more sand in there after the record flooding we had last spring washed lots of it out.

Last edited:

TexasBoy

Equipment
Kubota M7060 HDC12 & L4600DT
Dec 11, 2013
Central Texas
TexasBoy, do you get the sand from a location on your property, or have it trucked in?

Just wondering because it looks like there is a pile, like it was dumped. But you're spreading in to the perimeter. Truck driver couldn't help spread??
I had a few truckloads brought in, we have hard ole blackland so I hafta truck sand in for this kinda thing. I just had 'em dump the loads in the middle of the pen and then I put it where I need it. Had a few erosion spots to fix down by my old barn also so moved a few buckets here and there.

Profnohair

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1500, 42" bh, box blade, G6200HST, Mahindra 450 with BH, FEL, etc.
I Cut a Little Grass. Ok, a LOT of Grass with the G6200H

Some friends asked to borrow my wheeled trimmer to cut a unused section of the local swim club property. Considering I already had the G6200H on the trailer because I had cut my five acres, I volunteered to lend them a hand by cutting it with the Kubota. I had no idea that the grass and weeds were as tall as they were. Some sections were over eight foot tall. Although she huffed and puffed occasionally, she did a great job overall.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nShkcOIWx3Q&feature=youtu.be

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
Re: I Cut a Little Grass. Ok, a LOT of Grass with the G6200H

Some friends asked to borrow my wheeled trimmer to cut a unused section of the local swim club property. Considering I already had the G6200H on the trailer because I had cut my five acres, I volunteered to lend them a hand by cutting it with the Kubota. I had no idea that the grass and weeds were as tall as they were. Some sections were over eight foot tall. Although she huffed and puffed occasionally, she did a great job overall.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nShkcOIWx3Q&feature=youtu.be
Fun Fun.
As I watched the video it reminded me of the opening moments in a BONE's TV Episode. I expected a skull or arm to go flying out across the screen kicked out by the mower.

So did you get lucky and not hit anything buried in the brush and destroy your mower or did you inspect the area real well first?

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
I managed to make a 60 foot trench to run a drain line from my garage, the melting snow is a big problem. So now at least the water has somewhere to go.
Borrowed a buddy's near new green thing for backfilling. Not impressed. Heavy feeling hydraulic controls, loader and bucket floo around like a wet noodle. No landscape work for that thing. Kubota getting a special harrow setup,so i can back up without disconnecting it. Should help me with levelling.

Tallahassee Kubota Man

Equipment
M5140HD/LA1153/LandPride RCF2072/DirtDog disc/RakeMaster grapple/Caroni tiller
Picked up a Caroni tiller today......in the pouring rain! It's a 67" with 6" offset to the right. It was in the yard for a while so had faded paint. No big deal to me, but they gave me 5% off anyhow.
Been having trouble uploading pics for some reason. Let's give it another try.

Attachments

Profnohair

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1500, 42" bh, box blade, G6200HST, Mahindra 450 with BH, FEL, etc.
Re: I Cut a Little Grass. Ok, a LOT of Grass with the G6200H

Fun Fun.
As I watched the video it reminded me of the opening moments in a BONE's TV Episode. I expected a skull or arm to go flying out across the screen kicked out by the mower.

So did you get lucky and not hit anything buried in the brush and destroy your mower or did you inspect the area real well first?
Didn't hit a thing. The lot has no street access. It is locked between several properties. There was a small piece of carpet buried close to the fence line but I saw it before running over it.

Jim L.

Jun 18, 2014
Texas
Getting ready for fall, so fluids and filters change.

Pulled radiator out and soaked overnight in water and dawn. Fine plant fibers washed out with the low pressure sprayer and fins now completely clean and open. Looks to be at least an annual chore as the gunk was not coming out with before run air blowout.

Pressure flushed the engine block cooling and replaced the radiator hoses and fan belt.

Pulled fasteners one-by-one from exhaust. Applied anti-seize and refastened. Felt like just-in-time as the muffler bolts had that surface rust, and it's tight getting a wrench in there.

Sharryn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
'15 B3350, LA534A Loader, Land Pride RTA1258 Tiller, BH77 Backhoe, Forks
Aug 31, 2015
Alexandria, PA USA
Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum and just got my B3350 today! This is the first time that I've had a modern tractor. I traded an old 40's or 50's Farmall A and a few other pieces of equipment to lower my cost.

So this is what I did with my new Kubota today. I put the forks on and moved an old corn crib down to the burn pile; pushed over a small tree that has been dead for years and moved it to the burn pile; leveled the area where the corn crib had been sitting and also used the bucket to haul my watermelons up to the house from the garden. I sure do love this tractor!

The last pic is what the dealer put on back of the seat for me. I know it's their advertisement, but I got a kick out of it. AND it might keep my two big brothers from borrowing her from me.

Attachments

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Hi Sharryn, welcome to the forum, and sounds like you got a lot done her first day! I only hauled manure, but that bucket sure makes life easier.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Welcome aboard Sharryn! Great looking machine! If you're like most of us, you'll keep finding (looking for?) new things to use it for, and wonder how you ever got along without it.