Opinions on this BX2200 for tractor virgin

CoolMcCool

Equipment
Ford 1220 4wd HST
May 23, 2019
Corrales, NM
Hello everyone! Newb here looking for info on a BX2200 that is for sale locally. This would be my first tractor purchase. I was looking at an older b7100 but waited too long and lost it.

Seller states that its a 2012 but I cant find that model for the year. I am going tomorrow morning to have a look. Anything I should check for? Price seems a little high to me because I believe its an 02 model. Has 850 hours and has been dealer serviced at Mesa tractor here in Albuquerque. He's asking 10500.00.

jkcolo22

Equipment
BX25D
Jan 5, 2017
Castle Rock, Colorado

CoolMcCool

Equipment
Ford 1220 4wd HST
May 23, 2019
Corrales, NM
Well they quit making the 2200 in 2003, so that’s definitely not right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ok. That's what I thought. Thanks for the response! I'll try to get the serial number when I look at it tomorrow. From the picture it definitely looks like a BX2200 and not something from 2012.

jkcolo22

Equipment
BX25D
Jan 5, 2017
Castle Rock, Colorado
Ok. That's what I thought. Thanks for the response! I'll try to get the serial number when I look at it tomorrow. From the picture it definitely looks like a BX2200 and not something from 2012.

And I’ll note that I just got that information from tractordata.com but they tend to be pretty accurate. Good luck. Find out if there are any implements that come with it. Price seems high if not. You should also do a UCC search in your state with the serial number to make sure it’s unencumbered (not pledged as a security interest for a loan... suck to buy it and then have it repo’d because the seller didn’t pay off his loan).

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Besides the date being wrong, the price for the hours and (from what I can see) condition looks like a fair deal.

CoolMcCool

Equipment
Ford 1220 4wd HST
May 23, 2019
Corrales, NM
And I’ll note that I just got that information from tractordata.com but they tend to be pretty accurate. Good luck. Find out if there are any implements that come with it. Price seems high if not. You should also do a UCC search in your state with the serial number to make sure it’s unencumbered (not pledged as a security interest for a loan... suck to buy it and then have it repo’d because the seller didn’t pay off his loan).

Hmm, that's not something I considered! Thank you. So these tractors don't come with a title? Thanks again for the info.

jkcolo22

Equipment
BX25D
Jan 5, 2017
Castle Rock, Colorado
Hmm, that's not something I considered! Thank you. So these tractors don't come with a title? Thanks again for the info.

Not in my state... even in states that title off-road vehicles, which is a fairly new concept, it’s usually limited to “Registered vehicles”. Such as boats ATVs etc.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Nope no titles on tractors, just get a bill of sale with the serial # listed on it. ;)

Bmbbm

Equipment
Bx2370 land pride box blade 60"mmm kubota fel
May 29, 2016
Chillicothe mo
Hello everyone! Newb here looking for info on a BX2200 that is for sale locally. This would be my first tractor purchase. I was looking at an older b7100 but waited too long and lost it.

Seller states that its a 2012 but I cant find that model for the year. I am going tomorrow morning to have a look. Anything I should check for? Price seems a little high to me because I believe its an 02 model. Has 850 hours and has been dealer serviced at Mesa tractor here in Albuquerque. He's asking 10500.00.
i know prices vary in different parts of the country,, but that sounds at least $3000.00 too high to me.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
He may have bought it in 2012 and that would be the date on the sales slip, it may well have been a left over, however a 9 year old left over seems unlikely. Or perhaps he mis stated the mdl number as the BX 60 series would be a 2012 year tractor. All I can say is on CL watch out for scammers they are all over that thing

CoolMcCool

Equipment
Ford 1220 4wd HST
May 23, 2019
Corrales, NM
He may have bought it in 2012 and that would be the date on the sales slip, it may well have been a left over, however a 9 year old left over seems unlikely. Or perhaps he mis stated the mdl number as the BX 60 series would be a 2012 year tractor. All I can say is on CL watch out for scammers they are all over that thing
He said he bought it a year ago from Mesa tractor here in Albuquerque. I think someone there messed up the year on the bill of sale. Going over to check it out in an hour! Yeah, I see scam ads all the time on CL. Seems like these tractors really hold their value. Could almost buy a new one for what this one is listed for.

CoolMcCool

Equipment
Ford 1220 4wd HST
May 23, 2019
Corrales, NM
Just got back from looking at the tractor. Not nearly as nice cosmetically as the picture shows. It's definitely been well used. Tractor seemed to run fine. No leaks. Has some service history. Fuel gauge didn't work. Lights were broken. Didn't come with rear blade. Overall it would be fine for what I need but it's way over priced. A little disappointed in the seller because it is obviously not a 2012 as he claims in the ad. I think I'll make an offer of 7 or 8k and see what happens.

CoolMcCool

Equipment
Ford 1220 4wd HST
May 23, 2019
Corrales, NM
Has some damage on the hood. Headlamps were broken. Fuel gauge didn't work. Pedal pads missing. Paint was faded from sitting outside. Seat was torn up. Rear lights were broken. Just don't think it was cared for very well.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
I have a BX2350 (the plastic model) that was in about that condition. All plastics cracked or broken, all lights gone, fuel gauge not working etc.

Tractor itself runs really well, after a good service and adding an FEL I was in business. But I paid only $2,500 NZD - so about $1,800 USD or less. With a mower deck. Worth more with an FEL, but sounds over priced to me.

CoolMcCool

Equipment
Ford 1220 4wd HST
May 23, 2019
Corrales, NM
Well. I made an offer of 7k. He said he couldn't go that low. He countered at 10k. I told him I went down to look at new ones and for a few grand more I could buy new! I think he really believes it's a 2012. Oh well. Gonna look at a new 18 and 23. I'll keep you posted!

Bmbbm

Equipment
Bx2370 land pride box blade 60"mmm kubota fel
May 29, 2016
Chillicothe mo
I think your on the right track. When you factor in the 0% financing, implement rebates, warranty and dealer support the new one make a lot of sense.