Dealer Dilemma

higley

Equipment
B2620
Apr 16, 2015
colton,ny
Just like to hear if anyone else thinks this is unprofessional. I am looking for a new B2920 only one in the whole state. They discontinued manufacturing them last year. I forwarded photos of my Kubota with 75hrs on it for their consideration on a trade in. After a week I get a value for mine. Wasn't as much as I'd like but thought I'd hear more. And I did, the dealership mgr. won't sell it to me because I do not live in his local area. What a way to do business. I was willing to deliver mine and pick up the new B2920. It is a 200 mile one way trip. But guess this Kubota dealer will never hear from me again. UNBELIEVABLE.

higley

Equipment
B2620
Apr 16, 2015
colton,ny
There has to be more to that story, no?
The dealer is in Mendon,NY and its all true. Only thing that makes any sense is that they just didn't want to trade the new B2920 for my B2320. But just say so if that is the case. The only little hitch in the deal was, I wanted to hang onto my tires so I was willing to swap. Put my tires on that tractor and they could keep the new ones. But Kubota isn't making that size tractor anymore so guess I'm out of luck. Good customer service is not important to them, apparently.

MadMax31

Equipment
BX23S, 60" MMM
Nov 5, 2014
New York
Your in NY, strike 1,2. I have no love-lost for any Dealer I tried to deal with or visit.

Sharon Springs Garage. Couldnt have cared less about me as an 11,000 cash customer.

Columbia Tractor. Wouldnt even bother negotiating the price of a 16 yr machine, with no mmm and AG tires I didnt want.

Hudson River Tractor. At least prices were the slightest bit negotiable.

The following Dealers could not be bothered to return a phone call let alone an email:

Pittsfield Lawn Tractor
H&M Equipment
Orchard Hill Sales
ZandM Equipment

Dealers that tried:

Stanton Equipment
Lindsey Equipment
Champlain Valley Equipment
Salem Farm Supply

If you know these dealers, you know my range was loooong. I gave up and bought my B7610 from a great guy in New Hampshire. Far less than a Stealer would ask.

From my shopping experience, 11,000 in hundred dollar bills wont mean spit to these guys.

New Hampshire seemed much more friendly, perhaps a new B2920 is waiting over there for you?

BravoXray

Equipment
BX-25D, Ford 9N, Bobcat 825. Too many implements to list
Feb 6, 2014
Lake Winola,PA.
Barlow's will deliver to NY. No sales tax, prices are fair. Your mileage may vary. Shoot them an email, doesn't cost anything to try. They treated me better than the local dealers. Their delivery guy is first rate!

Jerry

higley

Equipment
B2620
Apr 16, 2015
colton,ny
Your in NY, strike 1,2. I have no love-lost for any Dealer I tried to deal with or visit.

Sharon Springs Garage. Couldnt have cared less about me as an 11,000 cash customer.

Columbia Tractor. Wouldnt even bother negotiating the price of a 16 yr machine, with no mmm and AG tires I didnt want.

Hudson River Tractor. At least prices were the slightest bit negotiable.

The following Dealers could not be bothered to return a phone call let alone an email:

Pittsfield Lawn Tractor
H&M Equipment
Orchard Hill Sales
ZandM Equipment

Dealers that tried:

Stanton Equipment
Lindsey Equipment
Champlain Valley Equipment
Salem Farm Supply

If you know these dealers, you know my range was loooong. I gave up and bought my B7610 from a great guy in New Hampshire. Far less than a Stealer would ask.

From my shopping experience, 11,000 in hundred dollar bills wont mean spit to these guys.

New Hampshire seemed much more friendly, perhaps a new B2920 is waiting over there for you?

I called all around the area.. next closest new B2920 was down in Clinton,NJ. As it turned out, theirs had sat outside for a year. They didn't want to sell it because it was in 'less than new' condition now. I had heard maybe in Columbus, Ohio but the miles are great between upstate NY and there.

bambam31

Equipment
L3800HST 4x4,R1,FEL, 6'disc, 5'bush hog,piranhaTB,6'grader,6'rake, 48"forks
Apr 3, 2014
Mobile, AL
I had a disappointing post-sale experience with my dealer - Baldwin Tractor and Equipment in Robertsdale, AL. I purchased a brand new tractor and I didn't haggle with them on the price. I called them one afternoon and asked if they had the model I wanted. They had it in stock, quoted me a price and I asked them what time they opened the next morning. I showed up the next morning and purchased it. They said they would service my tractor and loan me a trailer to bring it in for service. Fast forward to my first service. I called them to schedule my service - three times. Each time they realized why I was calling they would make an excuse why they couldn't talk to me and say they would have to call me back. Well you guessed it, they would never call me back. So, I found another dealer for service and I'm glad I did. I will NEVER buy anything from Baldwin Tractor and Equipment Company again. Why people do some of the things they do is beyond me.

ShaunBlake

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6100D; B219; Piranha bar; Hodge stabilizers; Filled Ag rears; R322T w/48" deck
Dec 21, 2014
Sugar Hill -- next door to Buford, GA
I had a disappointing post-sale experience with my dealer - Baldwin Tractor and Equipment in Robertsdale, AL... I will NEVER buy anything from Baldwin Tractor and Equipment Company again. Why people do some of the things they do is beyond me.
Oh my! I found an HST on TractorHouse that was listed by them. I hadn't called them because I've been pursuing a mower purchase. BB, I am so glad you posted your experience, and that I happened to see it. Fank yew, fank yew, from dee boddom uv mah hart!

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
Just like to hear if anyone else thinks this is unprofessional. I am looking for a new B2920 only one in the whole state. They discontinued manufacturing them last year. I forwarded photos of my Kubota with 75hrs on it for their consideration on a trade in. After a week I get a value for mine. Wasn't as much as I'd like but thought I'd hear more. And I did, the dealership mgr. won't sell it to me because I do not live in his local area. What a way to do business. I was willing to deliver mine and pick up the new B2920. It is a 200 mile one way trip. But guess this Kubota dealer will never hear from me again. UNBELIEVABLE.
Sorry to hear this- a business would gather more respect if they simply said, for whatever reason that they are standing on, "We prefer not to engage in this sale for this reason. We recognize that it may be an inconvenience to you, and we apologize", or something to that effect. Be honest, and build bridges, not blow them up.
You may have to travel further to find what you want. The problem that I see is that once you find a good tractor/situation, you are still dealing with these dealerships for parts and support. I hate to say it, but it may be worth the time to look at different colors, and how those dealerships handle themselves.
I love Kubota's, and I am loyal to them. But, if it came down to two or three different quality tractor brands, and one dealership stood out as fair and excellent, that would make the decision for me.

A side note- if I were shopping for another tractor, I would hone in on the 2620 or 2920. I also like the size, and would prefer it to the 2650, etc.

Last edited:

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I swear that some of these dealers must have gone to the HD school of business.. HD stands for Harley Davison I ride one and the stealers are a bunch of AZZhats

higley

Equipment
B2620
Apr 16, 2015
colton,ny
Well, proceeded to the online form to lodge a complaint. There is not a lot of money to be made in this transaction so I am skeptical. Wish I had considered the B2920 about 6 mos. ago I might have had a better chance of finding a new machine. thanks for listening to my drama

wmitch1000

Equipment
B2650 Cab, FEL, MMM, Front Hyd Snow Blade, EA Grapple, York Rake
Mar 7, 2010
Northern Virginia
Higley,
I agree with BravoXray about giving Barlows a call. I bought my 2920 from Brady a few years ago and he and his driver provided great pricing, delivery and most importantly service when I needed it, and I'm a few states away. I'm getting ready to upgrade to a 2650 cab, and working with Brady now, and know that he will treat me fairly.

higley

Equipment
B2620
Apr 16, 2015
colton,ny
Barlow's will deliver to NY. No sales tax, prices are fair. Your mileage may vary. Shoot them an email, doesn't cost anything to try. They treated me better than the local dealers. Their delivery guy is first rate!

Jerry
+

Would you mind giving me some info on Barlow's. Could you provide me with their business name and where they are located? thanks for your time

DamCraig

Equipment
L2501
Apr 17, 2015
Denver, CO
More than likely it's simply because you are too far away. Most dealers make the bulk of their money on parts, service and accessories. Selling a tractor to someone that will not be a regular customer for the additional stuff just doesn't have the benefit for the dealer. It sucks for the customers but it's how many operate. HD dealerships operate the same way.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
And for that very reason of take it or leave it attitude from the local HD dealers Lil Red hasn't seen the inside of a HD dealership since it was new. However the lil orange tractor hasn't been back either, but then it hasn't had to, makes me very happy to say that

tcrote5516

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, 50" Front Blower, Heated Cab, 6' blade, 3pt carry all, 3pt hitch
Sep 2, 2014
Southern New Hampshire
HD just had to recall 45,000 bikes for clutch issues. Imagine the breathtaking experiance 45,000 people will have trying to get their bikes serviced all at once...in the spring...when I'm sure HD is paying minimal hrs to the dealer for this recall.

Victory is looking like the American made bike of the future.

tcrote5516

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, 50" Front Blower, Heated Cab, 6' blade, 3pt carry all, 3pt hitch
Sep 2, 2014
Southern New Hampshire
HD just had to recall 45,000 bikes for clutch issues. Imagine the breathtaking experiance 45,000 people will have trying to get their bikes serviced all at once...in the spring...when I'm sure HD is paying minimal hrs to the dealer for this recall.

Victory is looking like the American made bike of the future.

Bigdaddyju34

Equipment
BX25, loader, backhoe, mowing deck
Apr 14, 2015
NC, USA
I would go with Barlows as suggested previously. I bought from them and they delivered twos states away for much less than two fairly local dealers who wanted extra to deliver 50 miles. Brady is always responsive and fair and I am currently working with them for a trade in. Steve Barlows farm equipment is the dealership name. They are in KY.