Identification and operation of Hydraulic quick connect

philztoy

Equipment
L3830, IH695, Deere 4720Cab 3720Cab 4320 4200 450C 790, R Z and Jetstar Molines
Dec 1, 2014
Michigan
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
I have these remotes on the back of an 80's case IH 695. I was enlightened by this forum to the beauty of a hydraulic top link and remembered I had these on the case. Can't believe I never thought of a hydraulic top link before.

Anyway, I bought a nice looking hydraulic top link with a quick connect ball system and I was trying to plug into these connectors and I am not sure how they work. They are mounted to the tractor where the normal "collar" you pull forward or backward is. I am baffled.

Anybody know how these quick connects operate?

Help would be appreciated and I hope I am not going to feel too stupid when I get this answer.

Phil

Patrick BX

Equipment
BX2660 w/ LA243 Loader and RCK60B23BX
Nov 13, 2014
Midland, MI
You should be able to just push the male end in. They are probably the "two way" couplers - with those you can pull the collar out or push it back to connect them. Usually what are used when the couplers are mounted that way.

They are probably "Pioneer" 1/2" couplers, also know as ISO 5675 agricultural.

philztoy

Equipment
Dec 1, 2014
Michigan
You should be able to just push the male end in. They are probably the "two way" couplers - with those you can pull the collar out or push it back to connect them. Usually what are used when the couplers are mounted that way.

They are probably "Pioneer" 1/2" couplers, also know as ISO 5675 agricultural.
Thanks... I will try the push in method :) I didn't try the hard push in. I have seen those types of connectors before and they throw me off.

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Please clean connectors before trying to connect, wouldnt want to get any debris into your hydraulic system. I know how bad they can get even after a short period of mowing. Had a couple that wouldnt work until i cleaned and lubricated them. Make sure tractor is off and any residual pressure is bled off by activating controller.

GWD

Equipment
M7040, L48 TLB, BX2200
Jan 8, 2010
Northern California
I believe those are the quick connect/disconnect style.

Push them on HARD to connect.

Pull on them HARD to disconnect. It is uncomfortable at first until one gets used to the amount of force required.

As stated, try to take any pressure off of the system before connecting or disconnecting.

The Kubota M7040 uses that type. There is no outside sleeve to retract.

djm1204

Equipment
L4600 HST, FEL, Root Rake, Land Pride Grapple, Two way radio
Aug 11, 2014
Dunnellon, FL, USA
Not to offend anyone with this comment - there are different types and sizes of quick connects. Make sure you have the correct type and size. I just spent a day going thur this trying to get a new implement to connect to the tractor.

If this is too basic information - please just ignore

Dan

philztoy

Equipment
Dec 1, 2014
Michigan
Thank you for all the assistance. Nothing is too basic. I will clean them and lubricate and take the load off the system.

So they push on and off and no collar? I will give it a try.

Looking forward to that hydraulic top link :)

GWD

Equipment
M7040, L48 TLB, BX2200
Jan 8, 2010
Northern California
As djm1204 points out, the connectors have to match in style to hook up correctly. There are many options. Here are some examples:

http://www.safewayhyd.com/agricultural-couplings.htm

Obviously, you have not used those connectors otherwise you'd know how they attach/disconnect. So, after cleaning, give the connectors a try with the top link before mounting it permanently.

The hydraulic top link may have different male ends that won't hook up to your tractor. If so, check out local shops that make hydraulic hoses and get a couple of replacement lines. There may be adapters available but you'll have to play it by ear.

http://www.safewayhyd.com/coupler-adapters.htm

Let us know how it goes.

philztoy

Equipment
Dec 1, 2014
Michigan
Yes it is a push pull style standard pioneer. I cleaned them and lubricated them and tried another pioneer I had laying around. I got that in. The whole connector goes back from the bracket on the way in and then also pulls out on the way out.

I feel moderateily stupid for not pushing harder the other day. But all is good now and the hydraulic top link is in place.

Thank you again for the information. I have a new hydraulic top link and all is good with the world.