l3010 with 482fel won't lift front of tractor

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Good you got it back to what it was .guess filter/fluid my be next.then pressure test.going to need a manual for the next steps.

bic

Equipment
L3010, LT28 wood mizer
Dec 19, 2014
Little Current, Manitoulin Island
Bought the fluid yesterday and one filter, second one will be in on Monday, change everything over then, see if that's the issue,how often do you normally change out the hydraulic fluid, stuffs not cheap!
4 balls work better than 3 balls :eek::eek:

bic

Equipment
L3010, LT28 wood mizer
Dec 19, 2014
Hi again, the fluids and filters were all changed and I'm a bit ticked at myself for being so trusting, he advised me that regular maintence had been done and that the fluids had also just been changed. there was roughly 1600 hrs on the tractor and I would be surprized judging by the colour of the fluid, if the oil had ever been changed. the loader is alot quicker than it was, and the rolling of the bucket will now lift the front of the tractor, but straight down pressure still won't lift the front end. I am going to change a small peice of rubber hydraulic hose that comes off the pump and joins two metal pipes in the hope that it is sucking a bit of air, (hose has some visible cracking) my question is could there have been further damage done to the hydraulic system by the fluid not being ever changed eg. pump.
thanks for any input
bic

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Yes not changing filter and fluid can damage not only the pump but, FEL valves, Three Point valves, Steering controllers, and Relief valves.
If you want to check for pump and general system health, get a hydraulic pressure gauge and test it.

bic

Equipment
L3010, LT28 wood mizer
Dec 19, 2014
Thanks Wolf, I've got a friend
THat can probably help me out there, do you you think that is the next step? R is there something else I should be looking at first
Thks bic

bic

Equipment
L3010, LT28 wood mizer
Dec 19, 2014
I don't know what happened but I'm sure glad it did!! Blew out the driveway today, for a couple hours, as well as using the fel, when I was done and was parking it in the garage I lowered the fel on the ground and up came the front end of tractor, did it a couple more times and it worked like a champ.
Something must have cleared itself, happy happy day.

A.O.

Equipment
L3540HST LA724 FEL
Feb 6, 2015
South Carolina
Glad you got it all working again, Thats a great tractor, sold one with the same loader a couple months ago to my neighbor when I moved. By looking at that pivot right next to your hydraulic hook up I'd say maintenance had been a bit lax on it. Get a power washer and go over it good , spray with gunk cleaner first, and follow with a good greasing.. keep it working forever..

bic

Equipment
L3010, LT28 wood mizer
Dec 19, 2014
A.O. That's good advise, and I'll be following that advise as soon as it is just a bit warmer, water is awful hard right now in these parts. -25*celsius tonight, (-13*f) I have a bit of work ahead of me yet, to get this in the shape that I'll be happy with........ with a little help from you folks of course.
Bic