Members Map?

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Only thing is the user info they post on the desktop side doesn't show up on an app like tap talk. Just shows the user name. No info on equipment either.

Benhameen

Equipment
2012 Kubota L3800 HST W/FEL and 1963 JD 2010 row crop utility
Jan 27, 2013
Southern IL.
I don't think this a bad idea, as he said, it could be voluntary. Its also been stated that most members have their location listed anyway. With that said, originally I had the name of the small town I live in as my location then changes it to Southern Illinois. If the members map were to go forward I would put my location as the towns city hall or something like that, not my actual address. I'm one of two Kubota owners in a town of 800 so I'm sure it would not be to hard to find me if someone wanted too.

P.S., as a mod wolf man, im sure you know that no matter what someone is going to complain about something....

origami

Equipment
'12 BX25. Previous: '95 B1700
Apr 18, 2016
Leesburg, VA
I'm the President of a large regional marine aquarist club in the Mid-Atlantic and we had a similar thing come up a few years ago. Because of our privacy policy (which I authored), we steered clear of producing and maintaining a similar members map publicly using Google Maps. However, we did not prevent another member from our community from voluntarily creating and maintaining a map using information provided by other members with their express permission.

While I never used it, others found it useful. However, the task of maintaining the resource can be substantial for one person given that we are a mobile and sometimes transient community of over 3,000 members in our region.

People were able to provide general location information (city, state type information) or could get more specific (intersection of x and y) and it would be put in the system along with their screen name.

The idea lasted for about 4 years before the member who was maintaining it dropped out of the hobby.

So, technically, it's easy to achieve, but there are other obstacles that can make it difficult to implement and, even more importantly, to maintain over the long run.

Just my two cents.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Some in here might be under the witness protection program and maybe a map s not a good thing,,,, just sayin:rolleyes: