L4150 dt NO PTO,FWD, REV, no work gettn done either.

outdoorfan

Equipment
L 4150 DT
I have never owned a Kubota until.....I recently acquired a 4150 DT,
I used it every other day for a month or so, and had no issues. I parked it one night, the next morning though, I have no PTO, and no FWD or REV. however the bucket still works, and she starts just fine. what in tarnation just happened here fellas?
I was an auto mechanic for years, how ever this beast is no darn car.
help me out here people.

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
No noise?
There may be an inspection cover on the so-called bellhousing, may be worth starting there. Im assuming its a gear transmission,not hst so in all likelyhood its a clutch issue. But the pto part confuses me,as its a live pto.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
The fact that you have no power to the PTO and to the wheels most logically point to a blown clutch (can have a single disk or dual disk clutch) or main shaft coupling.
It does sound really odd that it was working fine then nothing, usually either issue will make noise or would have been slipping.

rbargeron

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L5450, L48, L3250, L345 never enough attachments
Jul 6, 2015
western ma
I did check and I tried both Hi and Low. when I engaged the PTO it is hard to turn by hand but I can spin it. When the PTO is in neutral, it spins freely.
Sounds like linkage is disconnected or in neutral somewhere?
Your PTO sounds normal - it has 2-speeds and a H-N-L selector. The main transmission also has Hi-Neutral-Low range selection for 8 travel speeds. The main clutch is either dual-disk with mechanical shuttle, or single disk with hydraulic shuttle. Which setup does this rig have? Any lettering on the hood?

Last edited: