BX 2763A snow blade

stutrac

Mar 30, 2016
Bethany ct
my only complaint are the shoe's on the blade does anyone make poly shoes ? my current shoes are making slide marks on my new driveway, also has anyone tried a polyurthane cutting blade?

jkcolo22

Equipment
BX25D
Jan 5, 2017
Castle Rock, Colorado
my only complaint are the shoe's on the blade does anyone make poly shoes ? my current shoes are making slide marks on my new driveway, also has anyone tried a polyurthane cutting blade?
I think slide marks just come with the territory. I had some pretty good ones at first. They have diminished in appearance over time and now I have a better sense of where to set the angle of the blade and the amount of down force on the arms (I'm using the FEL quick hitch setup). I have thought about looking into custom pads from these guys. https://www.outriggerpads.com/for-construction-equipment/ However, it's worth noting that many pros remove the shoes entirely.

This company offers Poly blades at a reasonable price. Might be something I do in the future. http://polyurethanesnowplowblades.com/Tractor_Snow_Plow_Blades.html

stutrac

Mar 30, 2016
Bethany ct
I was thinking of removing the shoes too, but what kind of damage will occur on my driveway ,if I install a polyurethane blade edge, I am hoping nothing but I would like to see if anyone has a poly blade and had good luck

asgard

Equipment
B2301, 60 inch deck, 51inch blower
Oct 22, 2016
Ontario, Canada
I used a couple of hockey pucks, they only cost a $1 each, I drilled and countersunk fixings into the metal plates.
Not perfect, but, when they wear I will replace for another $2

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
I was thinking of removing the shoes too, but what kind of damage will occur on my driveway ,if I install a polyurethane blade edge, I am hoping nothing but I would like to see if anyone has a poly blade and had good luck
The poly blades should be good but expensive. Thanks to a tip from diydave I got (for free by luck) a 12 foot plastic deck board, cut it in half and substituted for steel cutting edge on my back blade. It worked well last year on my concrete where the steel would have gouged it due to the slope. While the corners wear down they have left no marks on the concrete. Try the deck board, 5/4 thick, since it is cheap, and if you like it move up to the commercial ones. The edges are rounded. It worked well on lawn too.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I used a couple of hockey pucks, they only cost a $1 each, I drilled and countersunk fixings into the metal plates.
Not perfect, but, when they wear I will replace for another $2
That's ingenious!

Great idea - leave it to a Canadian to find another use for a hockey puck!!:p:p

Just poking fun!

You should post a picture of that!

My driveway is stone - won't do me any good - but others may find it useful.

rjcorazza

Equipment
L4060 HSTC Loader, ZD326, ZD1211
Mar 9, 2016
Hyattstown, MD
Shoes on plows exert a higher psi footprint on the pavement than the blade edge alone. Some like them, some don't. I personally do not use skid shows on any of my blades for pavement. I have read up on poly blades. My take is that they do not scratch or damage pavement, but they also do not perform as well as steel.
I may try a poly edge on my lighter rear blade next season, but at $300 I need customers requesting poly.
I do like the hockey puck idea! My dad tried a 1" thick x 3" circular hdpe skid shoe on a light 4' plow and they wore out very fast.

Last edited:

sdk1968

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2601HSD & CK4010HST 4WD/FEL
Oct 19, 2016
Ohio
My blade is aluminum with a 1" thick rubber scraper edge...

It doesnt hurt anything... but it also isnt great for moving dirt/gravel.

cerlawson

Equipment
rotiller, box scraper,etc.
Feb 24, 2011
PORTAGE, WI
I have a BX for plowing with the rear blade on concrete and also blacktop. No shoes, no marks. Try it without shoes. From my perspective shoes would only be for gravel to keep from plowing off the gravel. In time the marks will disappear anyhow.

TimMuel62

Oct 30, 2019
Dubuque
Re:"WANTED" used BX 2763A snow blade

I'm looking for a used bx 2763A snow blade with the BX 2751 sub frame for my BX 2370 tractor.

Does anyone have one for sale out there?

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Re: "WANTED" used BX 2763A snow blade

I'm looking for a used bx 2763A snow blade with the BX 2751 sub frame for my BX 2370 tractor.

Does anyone have one for sale out there?
I do..... it is located in Northeast corner of CT on the MA line. When would you like to come to see it?