Opted out of the B3000HSDC went for a B2650HSDC

4x4farmer

Dec 15, 2016
Hannaford ND
Well after lots and lots and lots of research I decided against the used B3000 I was looking at and went with a used B2650HSDC with 75hrs on it. I'm sure the B3000 is a good tractor but for the price they wanted for it just didn't make since not to try to find a newer machine. The B3000 did not have quick attach bucket, no rear remotes, no radio, and I was going to have to gut the cab and try to seal it up the way I wanted it. By the time I added all those options to that used machine I was only $200.00 away from what I paid for this 2014 B2650 and it has everything I wanted plus the nice cab I wanted. Picked up a brand new 60" Normand 3pt snowblower for it as well. Now just to go pick it up.....its 650 miles from me. Oh well...i like road trips. I'm sure once I get it and start using it I will be asking more questions on here. I have done a lot of reading on here and you guys are very knowledgeable and I appreciate the input. Thanks
b2650.jpg
20170116_190858.jpg

Last edited:

JackJ

Equipment
BX1870-1
Mar 14, 2016
Indiana
Congratulations! Sounds like you made a great choice. Please post pictures once you get it!

4x4farmer

Dec 15, 2016
Hannaford ND
Congratulations! Sounds like you made a great choice. Please post pictures once you get it!
I will post pics as soon as I get it home. W as planning on going and getting it early next week but now I see they are talking a snow storm through southern mn early next week....right where I have to go through....so we will see. The tractor is in northern Illinois

tempforce

Equipment
B2650HSDC
Jun 23, 2012
bastrop, tx
make sure you take the snow blower with you and put it on the tractor. you may need it, to get home LOL have a safe trip.

wngnut

Equipment
2015 B2650HSDC W/Loader
Apr 14, 2016
Iowa
Good choice. I like mine....mostly...LOL. But I LOVE the cab!!

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Congrats and good luck, can't beat a cab when clearing that nasty white stuff.

4x4farmer

Dec 15, 2016
Hannaford ND
The only thing I would change is I would have gone with the turf tire instead mainly for snow purposes. The R-4 Industrial are good for in the dirt but for the mowing and snow removal I'm going to be doing the turfs would be better but I will make due. My JD 1025R had the R-4s and I made it work I guess. Have trees to till so it will be nice for that.

wngnut

Equipment
2015 B2650HSDC W/Loader
Apr 14, 2016
Iowa
I got mine with the 72" deck and the turf tires. The turf tires haven't been a problem moving snow yet.......because of course I haven't had to do any snow removal yet now that I have a tractor with a cab!!!! Where's the snow???!!!

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
I got mine with the 72" deck and the turf tires. The turf tires haven't been a problem moving snow yet.......because of course I haven't had to do any snow removal yet now that I have a tractor with a cab!!!! Where's the snow???!!!
I dunno, but my neighbor got a new little tractor with cab and snowblower, ( after she saw how cool mine was :D) and we haven't had any snow since. :(
Pretty sure that is what jinxed it, because whenever I wrestled the snowblower onto the old Ingersoll it wouldn't snow, and if I didn't we wouldn't see bare ground from Nov u til April.

The long term weather forecasts have been pretty correct, but I forgot that above average ppt in winter here and average temps didn't necessarily mean snow. ( how could it not in Jan Feb March right?) We have oscillated between being very cold, no snow, and warm with rain. Well winter isn't over yet.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
I dunno, but my neighbor got a new little tractor with cab and snowblower, ( after she saw how cool mine was :D) and we haven't had any snow since. :(
Pretty sure that is what jinxed it, because whenever I wrestled the snowblower onto the old Ingersoll it wouldn't snow, and if I didn't we wouldn't see bare ground from Nov u til April.

The long term weather forecasts have been pretty correct, but I forgot that above average ppt in winter here and average temps didn't necessarily mean snow. ( how could it not in Jan Feb March right?) We have oscillated between being very cold, no snow, and warm with rain. Well winter isn't over yet.
Pretty much the same weather here. I'm starting to wonder if I should have just stayed with the rear blower on the 3560 instead of spending that much on a front which is not real easy to put on and take off but you said it "well winter isn't over yet."

rkidd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, FEL With QA 60"mmm, 3pt FDR1672,homemade ballast box, BB 1572 box scraper
Dec 7, 2015
Jefferson Ohio
Congrats on your new machine. It is hard to beat a nice factory cab!!

4x4farmer

Dec 15, 2016
Hannaford ND
Well guys I just got back from picking her up. Almost 1600 miles in about 24hrs...I'm ready for bed. She is a beauty. Had a little problem in the middle of Wisconsin though. Pickup threw up a rock onto the trailer and I blew out the windsheild. Should have known better then to go that distance without covering it. Already ordered a new one. I was very mad at myself for a long ways down the road tonight...but I guess it can be fixed. I'll post some pics after I get some sleep.

Attachments

KubotaVet

Equipment
1942 9N, B2650/Cab
Jan 16, 2017
Northern Minnesota
Well guys I just got back from picking her up. Almost 1600 miles in about 24hrs...I'm ready for bed. She is a beauty. Had a little problem in the middle of Wisconsin though. Pickup threw up a rock onto the trailer and I blew out the windsheild. Should have known better then to go that distance without covering it. Already ordered a new one. I was very mad at myself for a long ways down the road tonight...but I guess it can be fixed. I'll post some pics after I get some sleep.
Well I'm jealous! I have to wait another 10-12 days for mine to arrive and get configured. Too bad about the windshield, but like you said it can be fixed.

FYI, my B2650 is sitting in Williston right now, waiting for Acme to ship it to Grand Forks. Can't wait!

Last edited:

4x4farmer

Dec 15, 2016
Hannaford ND
Well I'm jealous! I have to wait another 10-12 days for mine to arrive and get configured. Too bad about the windshield, but like you said it can be fixed.

FYI, my B2650 is sitting in Williston right now, waiting for Acme to ship it to Grand Forks. Can't wait!
That's funny. My brother was just telling me about one he saw sitting in Williston in a crate yesterday. Must be yours

KubotaVet

Equipment
1942 9N, B2650/Cab
Jan 16, 2017
Northern Minnesota
That's funny. My brother was just telling me about one he saw sitting in Williston in a crate yesterday. Must be yours
:cool: HaHa, it must be mine if it was at Acme. That's the only 2650/Cab unit they currently have in stock in all their locations, they have several on order but the next isn't arriving till March.

Missouribound

Equipment
B2320, FEL, BOX BLADE, FINISH MOWER, QUICK HITCH
Jun 17, 2014
Missouri
Nice machine. I have a B2320 with FEL box blade and PTO finish mower. I opted for the turf tires since it is primarily my mower. You can always get a set of turfs if the tires you have on it beat up your lawn too much. Unfortunately you need rims and tires since they are different. But makes it easier to switch back and forth. Good luck.

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
Aw man, that sucks about the windshield. That's like getting a new car and the first time you have it parked somewhere it gets a dent in it.

Is the glass real expensive for those? Another reason I went open station, I was scared to work in the bush with a cab, LOL.

Sweet tractor though.

mpham

Equipment
B 2650 cab
Nov 15, 2016
Massachusetts
That sucks about the windshield. You will love it once you get it fixed. They are great running machines.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
That's just not right to have something like that happen but I gotta tell ya she's a beauty and hopefully you won't have any more Donnie luck.

Enjoy my friend, Donnie.

4x4farmer

Dec 15, 2016
Hannaford ND
Aw man, that sucks about the windshield. That's like getting a new car and the first time you have it parked somewhere it gets a dent in it.

Is the glass real expensive for those? Another reason I went open station, I was scared to work in the bush with a cab, LOL.

Sweet tractor though.
The windshield was about $260.00, not sure what the little seals were for between the kick glass and windshield on each side...didn't ask..just ordered them. The auto glass shop that is going to install it said it would probably be around $60.00 for install. I just built my new house last summer and don't even have a yard planted yet so I don't have much to worry about as far as stuff hitting the cab. I have existing trees on 2 of the 4 sides of my 10 acres but wont be working in them with this tractor. I have a sidsteer with a grapple for that kind of work. I just wanted something for mowing and if I have loader work to do around the house once I get a lawn established I hate driving a skidsteer on my lawn. That and I sometimes get snow removal contracts that require some sidewalk work so I wanted something smaller then my skidsteer for that as well. When its all said and done I plan on having about 6 or 7 acres of my 10 to mow. That will my weekly relaxation time. Crank up the tunes, crank up the ac,...maybe crack open a cold one...and mow away.