Is a B2650 a Good/Capable model??

jodebg

Nov 5, 2013
New Hartford, CT USA
Looking at a 2014 B2650 with 80 hours, QR bucket, front hydraulics, R-4 tires, and garaged.

Wondering how the feedback is for this model, good lift capacities, able to run pto attachments competently, etc..

Any feedback will be helpful.

What would be a good price to pay for this 2014 B2650?

KubotaVet

Equipment
1942 9N, B2650/Cab
Jan 16, 2017
Northern Minnesota
I just ordered one myself, from my research it's a great model. The biggest positive for the tractor is that it doesn't have the DPF regeneration system. So it's a good choice if the BX series isn't enough tractor for you and you want to avoid DPF headaches.

Price-wise I'm not sure what they are used but new for a ROPS tractor with loader I think there around 20k, for a cab model 26k.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
I think you can get more feedback if you tell what you want the tractor to do. I have a new B2650 and love it. They are dandy tractors. But I knew going in that, for example, it isn't big enough or heavy enough to hold my manure spreader on a slope. Mine is for snowblowing and will be able to load that spreader and the L tractor can pull it.

KubotaVet

Equipment
1942 9N, B2650/Cab
Jan 16, 2017
Northern Minnesota
How would you compare this model to your B7800 model?
My B7800 is 30hp and the B2650 is 26hp but surprisingly I found out that the B2650 engine is the same 29hp engine that Kubota used for many years. So I know the engine is sound, but its governed down to slip under the tier 4 engine requirements for needing systems such as DPF.

The main reason I bought a new tractor (my old one ran flawlessly for 14 years) is I wanted the factory cab for winter work. I expect that my new B2650 will do everything my old one did but maybe a little slower given the smaller hp, but a yeck of a lot more comfortable!

From what you said, you won't be using it a lot for things like mowing, snow blowing etc? It's mainly going to be used for loader work? The B2650 should be great loader as long as you're not lifting anything heavier than say 1,100lbs everyday, if you do, then something in the L-Series would be a better fit for your needs.

Just a couple of tips for loader work. If you plan on moving brush, logs or even stones as you mentioned, or a million other things really, a set of pallet forks will serve you well, and with a Quick Attach loader its easy to switch from your bucket to your forks.

Also when lifting with the front-end-loader (FEL) make sure you have the proper ballast on the rear 3-pt. If you don't, you'll put too much stress and wear on the front axle, it'll also be unstable when driving. You can pickup a Kubota Ballast Box (adds about 600lbs.) for a couple hundred bucks or make your own, or use a 3-pt attachment of simliar weight.

Kubota's are great tractors, but like anything you need the right tool for the right job.

Last edited:

Grouse09

Equipment
B2650 Cab, snowblower, FEL, brush hog
Aug 24, 2016
Traverse City, MI
I have 50 hours on mine. It has been great for snowblowing (19 times this year so far), brush hogging 5 acres, and moving dirt to even out erosion ruts. Love the cab as well. Not one regret.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rjcorazza

Equipment
L4060 HSTC Loader, ZD326, ZD1211
Mar 9, 2016
Hyattstown, MD
I looked hard at the Kubota tractors starting with the B2650 cab. In the end I ended up with an L4060. For my needs (wants) the additional weight and pto hp were the driving factors. I also under estimated my tractor needs 14 years ago with an L3410 open station tractor, so I went a little bigger this time.
As far as price, a reasonable hour tractor in good condition should sell for very close to its original retail price. Those prices can be found on various tractor spec sites.

Also FYI I am not convinced Kubota has resolved the DPF issues with the 3350's. Even if they have, the reputation is going to follow that model for a long time. The big plus for a 2650 is the lack of DPF.
Enjoy shopping!

Shepbear

Equipment
B2650, SSQA 60 inch bucket, QA with BB1260 box blade
Jun 1, 2016
San Tan Valley, Az
Just got mine a couple of weeks ago with ssqa, 60 inch bucket, filled wheels, QA, and Landpride bb1260. Have almost 8 hours on it. I have box bladed about 1 1/2 acres to get rid of weeds (temporarily), made an rc car track, and filled some low areas and back bladed the mounds. We're building a new house and the tractor is stored there so I can't use it whenever. So far it's been great. Comfortable and fairly easy to get used to. In a few months I'll have about 100 tons of crushed granite to spread, so the fel will be busy. We have a couple acres, so this tractor should handle everything I need it for. Just got a piranha tooth bar, but need help installing it because it's new and I'm not.

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
B2650 cab owners......I'm curious also, I've read that the 2650 is a bit underpowered with the weight of the cab and the air conditioning.

Here's a job I did fixing one of my bush roads with my B2620. I hauled 300 metric tonnes of gravel up these hills and box bladed out. All in M range.

Would the B2650 have any issues pulling up these hills? Or would it be too much stress on one with the extra weight?

Attachments

Grouse09

Equipment
B2650 Cab, snowblower, FEL, brush hog
Aug 24, 2016
Traverse City, MI
ItBMine, I have sensed a bogging down/working hard sensation (louder than normal operating noises) using the FEL up a slope. I did put it in Low Range when I encountered that. Then...no problem. So, yes, in my 50 hours experience, the B2650 Cab would handle those missions you asked about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
OK Grouse09. If you notice in one of my pics I did all my work at 2000RPM. Any higher than that and the hydro whines like crazy.

I found with mine 2000 seems to be the sweet spot for loader work to have the speed and quiet balance.

Every once in a while I still think of having a cab tractor, but I really like being out in the open and unrestricted.

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
Anyone have any pics of the their drive over 72 inch mower deck? Do thye just use the little ramps like my B2620?

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
Looking at the "build your own" at Kubota site. What is the spill guard kit for loader at $549?
It automatically tilts the bucket as you raise the loader to prevent material from spilling back onto your hood.

ao9488

Equipment
B2650, FEL, 60" MMM
Oct 27, 2016
Scheller, IL
I bought a 2014 B2650 with 115 hours, 60" MMM, 60" bucket (pin on). Paid somewhere in the $15k range.

PHPaul

Equipment
B2650, Pronovost snow blower, Landpride rotary mower, Howard tiller, box blade
Apr 2, 2015
Downeast Maine
www.eastovershoe.com
'15 B2650HDSC here.

I do loader work, grade my drive with a 66" box blade , mow my fields with a Landpride FDR1660 3PH finish mower, mow wilder fields with a Landpride RCR1860 rotary mower, clear my drive with a 64" Pronovost blower and till gardens with an ancient 50" Howard tiller.

Plenty of power for all of those tasks. Puts that power to the ground well with loaded Ag tires.

There ARE times when a bit more loader capacity would be nice, but that means a bigger tractor, which means all the Tier 4 crapola and I'm not willing to go there. Just takes me a little longer and that's just a good excuse to get a little more seat time.

And I LOVE that cab. Never run a comparable tractor without the extra weight of the cab so can't speak to any diminished capacity. With the cab weight concentrated over the rear wheels, I'd think it'd be an advantage traction-wise.