Cab progress

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Nice so far. Back up camera leds should go out when its in sunlight, most have sensors to turn light on.
My el cheapo yada fogged up. Took it apart and dried it out then sealed everyting with silicone.
Still playing with one that connects to my smart phone,wish i could invert the image.

Orange paint is difficult.much easier if primer is a light color. Tintable primer is the ticket under transparent paint.

fatjay

Equipment
Kubota B8200, B7200, ZD21
Nov 12, 2016
Eastern PA, USA
Got the flasher working! Turns out I had a bad ground on the chassis, so even when hooked up, it only partially worked. It does have an annoying click, hopefully I wont' hear it when the tractor is running, or I might just replace it with something else.

Got the speakers mounted to the top panels along with the rear camera, and working on wiring in that switch pod for all the lighting and heater. I ended up being short one switch, so I had to put the rear red running lights on with the yellow flashing lights. I don't hate the idea, but I would have liked them separate. I may add a switch for that later.

fatjay

Equipment
Nov 12, 2016
Eastern PA, USA
Busy day today. Wrapped up the electrical minus the head unit. Have 4 posts waiting for jb weld to dry so I can attach the head unit holder. Flood lights, flashers, backup camera heater fan, voltage meter, usb ports, phone mount are all in place. Wires are mostly cleaned up, still working on that.

Got the snowblower sanded down and primed, and another coat of paint on the body panels.

Here's a quick walk-around video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Uc2E0n7TZc

fatjay

Equipment
Nov 12, 2016
Eastern PA, USA
Had to move some bricks. Was real easy.

Got the cab on. it's just "on" in that picture, wasn't bolted up yet. Now it's bolted and working on electrical.

bearskinner

Equipment
BX25D, snowblower, PHD, Grapple, Snow blade, land Plane
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho
Got s buddy up north that needs a cab like this for going out snow blowing.

fatjay

Equipment
Nov 12, 2016
Eastern PA, USA
Only a small fortune. I average 7-8mpg. I need to get my diesel going again, get up to 13-14mpg. That v10 just sucks gas.

fatjay

Equipment
Nov 12, 2016
Eastern PA, USA
What a headache today has been. Working out the electronics for remote start.

The 2 channel is for starter and glow plugs. Press and hold A for 15 seconds to prime glow plugs, then press and hold B until it starts. Those relays are set up to press and release, so I hold down and it's on, soon as I release it turns off.

The single channel is for the ACC position of the key. Press and toggles it on. That way I can not only start the charging system, but also the heater.

I know, there's a million things that can go wrong, but I feel like this is one of those things that common sense goes a long way. Park in neutral, check your fluids, make sure things are in properly running condition.

fatjay

Equipment
Nov 12, 2016
Eastern PA, USA
Bought my chute control switch:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/232209670562

Chutes left/right will be controlled by a power window motor, up/down will be by linear actuator, and that little joystick will do it all. Rated at 60a it should be more than capable of handling the motors.

Last edited:

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
I have the same joystick, and it is an elegant solution. The only functional drawback is that it can only move in one direction at a time -- ie: you cannot rotate and change the deflection simultaneously.

and that little joystick will do it all.
Unfortunately it will not do it all by itself. It has 4 SPST (Single Pole, Single Throw) switches, one for each position. It would have to have 4 SPDT (Single Pole, Double Throw) switches to be a stand-alone control.

The simplest solution is to incorporate 4 SPDT (ie: 5 pin) automotive relays into the circuit, one for each switch in the joystick assembly. Connect terminal 85 of each relay to a fused +12V supply. Connect terminal 86 of each relay to one terminal of the respective joystick switch. Connect the other terminal of the joystick switch to chassis ground.

Connect terminal 30 of each relay to a motor lead in pairs. That is, joystick left relay terminal 30 to one wire of the rotator motor. Joystick right relay terminal 30 to the other wire of the rotator motor. Similarly, Joystick up relay terminal 30 to one wire of the linear actuator and joystick down relay terminal 30 to the other wire of the linear actuator. (if the motor turns the wrong way when you activate the joystick, simply swap the two motor leads.)

Finally, connect terminal 87a of all 4 relays to chassis ground and connect terminal 87 of all 4 relays to a fused +12v supply.

So the way it works is that all leads of both motors are grounded until the joystick is moved. When the joystick is moved, the switch closes activating the respective relay, which then opens 87a and closes 87 to switch +12v into one motor lead.

A note on direction: When I wired mine on my rear-mount blower, I mounted the joystick horizontally and wired it so that pushing the joystick down depresses the chute, up raises the chute, to the tractor's left rotates the chute to the tractor's left (ie: CW) and to the tractor's right rotates to the tractor's right (ie: CCW).

It turns out in operation that is not intuitive (for me, anyway). I guess moving the joystick left pivots the lever clockwise and I kept instinctively moving the joystick that way whenever I wanted to rotate the chute clockwise. Similarly, pulling down on the lever is the motion one makes when raising the FEL arms and is the instinctive motion to raise the deflector.

fatjay

Equipment
Nov 12, 2016
Eastern PA, USA
More progress last night. Cut and formed the interior liner. still have to cut the pieces so it forms a solid piece after glued.

Finally rerouted the headlights so I could finish putting the hood together.

fatjay

Equipment
Nov 12, 2016
Eastern PA, USA
There's a piece that hooks onto the 3pt arm that used to pull a steel rod from back to front. I converted it to a cable for a garage door. I don't like that either. I'm browsing ebay for hydraulic cylinders, spool valves, and hoses. Right now it looks like I can get everything for under $200.

What I'm not sure is how far I can lift the blower while opperating without causing issues with the universal joints.