Bx2660 trans fan

Steve67

Equipment
B2601-fel, 60"mmm, 5' rear blade, balast box
Jan 20, 2017
St. Louis, mo.
Hi, I'm new to the forum. The search feature not working for me so I know this topic has been hashed over but wondering if anyone has developed a better transmission fan. Thanks

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
had to do a BX25 recently, fan. Debris got up in there and took out the blades. Wouldn't have mattered if the blades were made of steel either, it'd just tear up more than the blades if they were.

Anyway...I took a new fan, split it, and went ahead with the install according to the link above. 3 hours 35 minutes from start to finish which included removal of the belly mower.

I have done them at work, basically with hand tools, in barely under 2 hours by lifting the engine and replacing the fan in one piece. The coolant takes longer than any other single sub assembly in this particular job.

jcy110

Equipment
BX22 with LA210 loader and BT600 hoe
Aug 22, 2015
Whitehouse Station, NJ
I used to work in a plastic shop. We would "split" seal cages using a very sharp blade that was attached to a mandrel and put in the drill press (not spinning). When downward pressure was applied on the plastic it split so that when put back together the diameter was not changed because no material was removed. On a lathe we could get 10 .100 washers per inch because there is no waste using splitting! Excellent mod for fan replacement! I think they should have had a slip yolk in that shaft that had a bolt to keep the length fixed. Could have made the job a lot easier