SOLD RC72 MMM deck

superdog1

Equipment
B7800, LA402, backhoe and mower
Jun 11, 2016
Lebanon PA
Hello gang, I have an RC72-27BA mid mount 72" mower deck for sale. I would like $1500 for it. It includes everything needed to attach and use it on your tractor. After I bought it, I found out I had to buy all the linkage and other stuff needed to attach it:mad: Since it won't do me any good, it is all included in the price. I bought it new in 2013 and only used for a short amount of time. It has been in the shed after less than 2 months of use. The shed belongs to my dad and I have been told to clean it out or else!, Lol. With that being said, it is also on Craigs list for $1600 (but I will take $1500 from a forum member ;) ) with lots of pictures and here is the link:

http://harrisburg.craigslist.org/grd/5603284158.html

As you can see it is in almost new condition with only a few scratches on it from the short time I used it. Depending on where you live I can deliver it or if you want, bring your tractor to my house and we will mount it and make sure you have everything you need and it is working before you leave. It will also allow me to show you how to mount it and take it off.

I am almost embarrassed to tell you what I paid for this mower new:rolleyes: so I really hate to sell it because one day I may be able to use it?

Last edited:

superdog1

Equipment
B7800, LA402, backhoe and mower
Jun 11, 2016
Lebanon PA
Re: RC72 MMM deck

This unit is sold! I want to thank you for allowing me to post this here and I love this website. I think I may have priced it a little cheap as I had numerous inquiries and one person offered me $400 more than I listed it for. I told him it sold the night before. He asked if they had picked it up yet? When I told him no, he then offered more money in $100 increments. I kept telling him no and when he hit the $400 mark, I finally said that it was sold and that was it! (It was REALLY tempting!!! :rolleyes: ) It amazes me that some people just don't give up? I am sure that had I sold it to him the night before and called the next day telling him I had sold it to another for more money, he would have pitched a royal fit?:eek:

As it turns out, he had seen the listing early last week and figured I would come down in price if he waited a little while before contacting me to buy it. On Friday afternoon his gear box burned up and he spent the rest of the day calling around trying to find one. After getting a few prices that were anywhere from $990 to $1200 and he figured that sooner or later he would need a new spindle or two (Never did tell me what they cost new?), the asking price of my deck looked like a fantastic bargain I think??:confused:

I also may have worded my listing wrong? I said that after I bought the deck, I found out I had to buy the linkage and all the other stuff needed to attach it. It made it sound like I never bought the stuff and didn't have it and THAT is why i was selling. That may have made some read the listing to the end of that sentence and stop, thinking I wanted to much for just a deck?

While that did happen, I bought everything I needed (For an additional $1100 or so:mad: ) and used it for maybe 20 hours? The main reason I sold it was the fact that it didn't save me any time. I am a landscaper and picked up a large Weis Markets location that was 5 acres or more of grass and another account with 3 acres+ needed to purchase another mower that was at least 60" or more to cut them without spending all day to get them done.

Since I already owned a B7800, I seemed like just buying a 72" deck for it would be the smartest thing i could do, as a new zero turn Scag with a 62" deck was almost $10,000 and it was under $5000 for the Kubota deck. WRONG! While the RC72 did a pretty nice job on the grass, trying to maneuver that big deck around on a tractor with a limited turning radius and quite a few odd shaped obstacles, stop signs and really small trees just didn't work. It also seemed like when ever I would turn, no matter how large of a turning radius I tried, the front tires would dig in and make a mark (Yes, I had the 4 wheel drive turned off, Lol). The mark it left wasn't really noticeable in a wide turn but any tighter and it would look pretty ugly.

In the tractors defense,I know I should have had turf tires on it but if I spent the cash to buy another set of rims and tires for all 4 wheels so I could swap them out, I could buy the new Scag, Lol. I use this machine for digging a LOT, so the Industrial tires are a must when I do and having turf tires all of the time would never work. It would also take pretty long to turn around at each end of a cut and go back the other way.

For a home or small farm owner that isn't worried about the "Time is money" issue like me, or trying to knocking out 5 acres in 15 minutes, this unit on a B7800 with turf tires would probably be a great setup. For me, it didn't work and I bought a Scag Turf Tiger with a 62" deck. This machine does the 5 acres faster in my situation.

I typed all of this so that others who may consider buying a deck for their tractor know why I sold a new RC72 after only using it a very small amount of time. Live and learn for me and maybe just learn for someone else?;)